Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-06-25-WWE-NXT UK Championship Tournament: Day One] The Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole & Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs British Strong Style (Pete Dunne & Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)

SmartMark15

Undisputed Era continue to refine their chickenshit trio shtick in wonderful ways. With British Strong Style being the overwhelming hometown favorites, seeing them absolutely thrash the Era was a wonderful thing to see. Strong, O'Reilly, and Cole bumped huge for all three BSS guys and it was great. Perhaps one of my favorite spots was Adam Cole taking a huge jumping bump off of a Dunne forearm. 

Speaking of Dunne, that man is so good at being a fired up, intense babyface. He really sells the hatred he has for Strong and all their interactions make me eagerly anticipate their inevitable singles blow off match. Great match here, fast paced, exciting, and with the right finish. 

****1/4

A great showcase match with some insane spots (most of them involving Tyler Bate, that giant swing/aeroplane spin spot was insane). Dunne worked well as the ruthless hometown face, and Undisputed Era continue to impress me despite none of the individual members doing anything for me (with the exception of Strong).

This match is essentially a spotfest. But it's a great one in front of a nuclear hot crowd.

★★★★

A match that has been building for several months finally culminated in a great tag match in London. This was a nice sprint style type of match that made British Strong Style look very good in victory. Undisputed Era also got to look good at parts, mostly with their selling as there was a lot of big moves involved in this match. Arguably the match that stole the show too, ****1/4.

This had everything I wanted to have: high pace, great spots, nice teamwork, a hot crowd, UE bumping like HBK, Dunne fired up against Strong, and BSS winning. And even when they gave all that to me, I can still feel both stables made just a fraction of what they can do together, and that's something I appreciate a lot in today's wrestling: non-excessive matches that create hype for a rematch, yet entertain a lot. ***1/2.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-06-25-WWE-NXT UK Championship Tournament: Day One] The Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole & Roderick Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs British Strong Style (Pete Dunne & Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)