Pro Wrestling Only

TNA and ROH should pool resources

sek69

I've been thinking, considering TNA and ROH share much of their talent roster, could a combined TNA/ROH pose a stronger challenge as a national #2 promotion?

The current setup is backwards by wrestling standards, as the guys who work both promotions get more money for themselves but the individual companies don't benefit. As nice as it is to see the workers make out for once, it seems to make more sense business wise for the offices to work together. The whole bullshit fiesta with Aries and Strong no showing the TNA PPV to work ROH shows illustrates how the current setup isn't in either company's best interest as it lets the workers basically play one off the other.

I know that considering the stupidly carny world of wrestling the two companies would probably break off any deal based on a disagreement on the tiniest of details, but it seems a united TNA/ROH would instantly have a houseshow presence that stretches half of the US. That would allow everyone to make more money and maybe even increase the TNA PPV buyrates that have been frozen in place for a while now.

When you take WWE out of the equation, you have a lot of guys who work the same indies, regular guys in each of the indies and no governing body. Having the TNA champ defend his belt in all the indies and in Japan would resemble the old NWA in some ways, but the challenge would be making the world champ seem like a big deal. I'm also not sure that people in TNA are smart enough to pull that off properly.

I think the main problem is that TNA doesn't want most of ROH's guys (Briscoes, Delirious) and ROH doesn't want most of TNA's guys (Gunn, Konnan).

There's only a few guys who go between the companies now in any case.

Those few guys tend to be the top stars in both companies.

TNA wants to run houseshows, ROH only runs houseshows. ROH wants the guys who made their name in the biz under them to make ROH shows a priority if they conflict with a TNA date, even if it's a PPV. It seems like in any other business a deal could be reached that would be benefical to both sides in many ways, but again wrestling's way too carny for it to ever work.

ROH wants the guys who made their name in the biz under them to make ROH shows a priority if they conflict with a TNA date, even if it's a PPV.

Much more important to ROH than that is their independence. Being forced to use and push wrestlers that ROH's fanbase are unlikely to accept (Jarrett, Monty Brown, Team 3D, James Gang, Ron Killings etc) over their homegrown stars (Danielson, Briscoes, Cabana, Rave, etc) would be highly detrimental to them.