Pro Wrestling Only

Sign 5 Replacements for the WWE

Mad Dog

Not wrestling the WWE style and Lesnar's unfamilairity with his new opponets were big handicaps for Lesnar went he over to Japan. If he were to go back to the WWE. odds are that his match quality would improve and everybody would be in love with him once again with the word unmotivated a million miles away from anyone's thoughts.

No, that doesn't wash. Have you even seen the Lesnar matches in Japan? It's nothing to do with the style or the fans or unfamiliarity. That would stop him from having really good matches, at first. Lesnar had awful matches where he basically never even tried to do anything. It's not like he was working hard and it just wasn't happening because of the style/language/familiarity "barrier". It's easy to tell when's someone's trying and it's not coming off right and when they just don't care. And Lesnar just didn't care.

Plus, he worked with Bernard and it was as bad as anything else he did while in Japan, so that puts an end to the unfamiliarity excuse. If anything, not wrestling the WWE style should've allowed Lesnar to grow a lot as a wrestler, but he did the complete opposite.

Yeah, I've seen 3 or 4 of Lesar's matches in Japan. A-Train despite being a really good wrestler was not one of Lesnar's better opponents in the WWE. They had a good, solid match in Japan just like they did in the WWE.

I imagine he got a little discouraged on top of everything else once he was out of his element. The WWE style despite its annoyances at time is really good in that it automatically gives you a very good base and match structure to work with. Other styles may have more freedom but they don't give you that structure that's guaranteed to at least work so with other styles you're more likely to get a so so match or a dud. I had predicted Lesnar would suffer after not wrestling the WWE style and I was right.

If he were to go back to the WWE his matches would recieve an automatic boost in quality and with that would probably come more motivation which in turn would get everyone praising him again.

A-Train's a different scenario than Lesnar and since I'm bragging here I'd like to point out that I predicted he could handle styles outside of the WWE and well; I was right.

Guest DylanWaco

What's lazy about it? He doesn't care about fake wrestling and doesn't want to cripple himself for it. "Lazy" is a value judgment. I'd call him smart.

I love how his motivation for not working hard is supposed to be that he doesn't want to seriously hurt himself and yet he's now under contract and preparing to get in real fights for a living.

I wonder if this all stems from him falling on his head doing the shooting star press at Wrestlemania. I imagine that has a scarey moment for him and it seemed like he started to become a problem after that.

I love how his motivation for not working hard is supposed to be that he doesn't want to seriously hurt himself and yet he's now under contract and preparing to get in real fights for a living.

He actually has a much lower risk for serious injury in MMA than he does in wrestling. He even has a lower risk of death in MMA.

I wonder if this all stems from him falling on his head doing the shooting star press at Wrestlemania.  I imagine that has a scarey moment for him and it seemed like he started to become a problem after that.

He actually has a much lower risk for serious injury in MMA than he does in wrestling. He even has a lower risk of death in MMA.

What Mad Dog said. MMA is actually safer than pro wrestling due to the lighter schedule the fighters have compared to pro wrestlers, as well as the existence of doctors close by at ringside, and a referee in matches who looks out for both fighters' safety, sometimes to a fault.

Whatever Lesnar faces in MMA won't be nearly as risky as, say, his botched shooting star press at WM19.

Guest Kevin Cook

The point isn't the risk of injury, the point is that it's grueling.

People sitting at their keyboards snorting at a guy who disdains the sleazy wrestling industry for perfectly good reasons and is undergoing brutal shootfighting training as being "lazy" are ridiculous.

Guest DylanWaco

The point isn't the risk of injury, the point is that it's grueling.

People sitting at their keyboards snorting at a guy who disdains the sleazy wrestling industry for perfectly good reasons and is undergoing brutal shootfighting training as being "lazy" are ridiculous.

Are you a personal confident of Lensar or just perpetually full of shit?

Guest Kevin Cook

As regards what? There have been lengthy articles in the WON full of essentially direct quotes from Lesnar on these issues for months. It's not like the reasons why he doesn't care to work hard in wrestling matches or the fact that he's moving into fighting for Hero's are big secrets only an insider~ can know about.