Pro Wrestling Only

Sign 5 Replacements for the WWE

Mad Dog

With all of the suspensions and such who would you sign to fill the gaps in the roster?

The only rules to this are:

1. They have to pass a drug test to get a spot on the roster so keep that in mind.

2. They can't be under contract to another company.

3. Call ups are allowed.

4. They have to have some kind of mainstream name. No indy darlings here. You need guys that will have instant credibility and can be plugged right into the mid-card.

Mine:

1. Diamond Dallas Page: You have the added bonus of a nostalgia act if done right plus he's still a decent worker for the most part.

2. Mark Magnus: Give him a non-terrorist gimmick and give him a second chance.

3. Road Warrior Animal: He's been on tv and held a title within the last year. He sucks but he's over.

4. Bill DeMott: Call him up from Deep South.

5. Freakin Deacon: Just on tv as the fake Kane. He's not good or anything but he's a warm body that can be thrown out there.

Guest Kevin Cook

Abdullah the Butcher? It's the fucking Butcher. He can have an awesome match with anyone. If Hacksaw Jim Duggan can get a midcard run, so can he.

Matt Morgan? Put him under a hood.

Harry Smith? Push him as the muscle in a tag team with...

Teddy Hart? Close enough to a mainstream name. These two would get over easily.

Doug Basham? Kind of colorless, but there's no reason he couldn't get over as a midcard heel.

Dustin Runnels is the only really obvious name that springs to mind. I'm sorta shocked Harry Smith isn't on TV already. I've always liked the idea of bringing in Harry, Teddy Hart and TJ Wilson as a heel faction to get revenge on Shawn Michaels and/or Vince for Montreal.

After that, I'm not sure why they didn't try properly to get some of the bigger names from Mexico years ago, other than the langauge barrier, maybe. Does Perrito speak English?

Guest Cam Chaos

Aside from Jericho I can't think of many eligble names. Is Goldberg under contract with WFA?

Only as a commentator. However he's said he'd rather be broke and penniless than work for the WWE again.

Guest DylanWaco

What's Lesnars status contractually? Because despite the fact that he's an unmotivated slug, he's the obvious top choice, as he's the only guy I can see making an immediate positve effect on the ratings if he were to return (setting aside The Rock of course, who is a non-option). There would be money in matches with him all over the roster and if booked properly it could be huge.

Tracy Smothers - Some might say he's an "indy darling", but when I think "indy darling" I think guys who do fifty flips a match to chants of "this is awesome" and "match of the year". Smothers to me would be a good pick for ECW, that needs a few more quality role players, which is basically what Smothers is.

Steve Corino - Good talker, solid wrestler. Would be good as a manager or in the ring.

Other than that I don't know.

Guest DylanWaco

I hate to say this, but Jeff Hardy is another name that comes to mind. As far as I know he is done with TNA and IF he could pass the wellness test (debatable), he's one of the only "names" out there that I could see making a difference, and would be perfect for SD right now.

Guest Kevin Cook

Lesnar is under contract to Hero's, arguably a bigger and more important promotion than WWE, and doesn't want to do more than one worked match a month because he's scared to death of turning into Kurt Angle. This whole idea that he's an unmotivated slug because he's training for MMA, an actual sport in which he can make more money without crippling himself or being treated like an animal by Vince McMahon, is kind of preposterous. At any rate I think you'll see Warrior in WWE before Lesnar, and I say good for him.

Good question.

1- Dustin Runnels as Goldust

2- Nattie Neidhart first as valet to... (then wrestler)

3- Harry Smith and

4- Teddy Hart

5- David Flair, give him a push in the IC division to see if he can work with Carlito and Benjamin

Guest DylanWaco

Lesnar is under contract to Hero's, arguably a bigger and more important promotion than WWE, and doesn't want to do more than one worked match a month because he's scared to death of turning into Kurt Angle. This whole idea that he's an unmotivated slug because he's training for MMA, an actual sport in which he can make more money without crippling himself or being treated like an animal by Vince McMahon, is kind of preposterous. At any rate I think you'll see Warrior in WWE before Lesnar, and I say good for him.

I've heard from people that have watched him that he's unmotivated slug. Maybe that's a myth, that just happens to double as a consensus opinion. It happens.

Nah, he's an unmotivated slug because he accepted probably upwards of $200,000 from New Japan to go there to phone it in basically every time out. Not that New Japan weren't stupid for continually bringing him back, but still. How's he going to turn into Kurt Angle when he has no history of neck problems (which Angle, of course, did pre-wrestling) and would be working 10-15 dates per year if he stayed with NJ as opposted to the 200-ish that Angle has done for the last seven years? That's ridiculous.

I've heard from people that have watched him that he's unmotivated slug. Maybe that's a myth, that just happens to double as a consensus opinion. It happens.
Watching him wrestle, it'd be a logical conclusion to reach. At first, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, figuring that maybe he was just sluggish due to being out of shape, and out of the ring for so long. But 3 months later when that excuse is no longer viable, and he's still wrestling like complete ass, I'd say laziness is the most likely explanation.

Not wrestling the WWE style and Lesnar's unfamilairity with his new opponets were big handicaps for Lesnar went he over to Japan. If he were to go back to the WWE. odds are that his match quality would improve and everybody would be in love with him once again with the word unmotivated a million miles away from anyone's thoughts.

Not wrestling the WWE style and Lesnar's unfamilairity with his new opponets were big handicaps for Lesnar went he over to Japan. If he were to go back to the WWE. odds are that his match quality would improve and everybody would be in love with him once again with the word unmotivated a million miles away from anyone's thoughts.

No, that doesn't wash. Have you even seen the Lesnar matches in Japan? It's nothing to do with the style or the fans or unfamiliarity. That would stop him from having really good matches, at first. Lesnar had awful matches where he basically never even tried to do anything. It's not like he was working hard and it just wasn't happening because of the style/language/familiarity "barrier". It's easy to tell when's someone's trying and it's not coming off right and when they just don't care. And Lesnar just didn't care.

Plus, he worked with Bernard and it was as bad as anything else he did while in Japan, so that puts an end to the unfamiliarity excuse. If anything, not wrestling the WWE style should've allowed Lesnar to grow a lot as a wrestler, but he did the complete opposite.

Guest Kevin Cook

What's lazy about it? He doesn't care about fake wrestling and doesn't want to cripple himself for it. "Lazy" is a value judgment. I'd call him smart.

What's lazy about it? He doesn't care about fake wrestling and doesn't want to cripple himself for it. "Lazy" is a value judgment. I'd call him smart.

"Lazy" is doing the absolutely minimum just because you can get away with it, which is exactly what Lesnar has done.

If he doesn't care about "fake wrestling", then he shouldn't be/have been involved in it. He shouldn't have been taking NJ's money to do a job that he had no intention of doing properly. The "he doesn't want to cripple himself" line is nonsense, also, sorry. Show me one wrestler who works or has worked a schedule like Lesnar's and ended up a cripple. It just doesn't happen, unless you're in a freak accident. If New Japan had him working on every tour show, working long main events and things like that, I could see your point, but the fact is that he's worked something like 67 minutes in the last year. You don't end up a cripple working a schedule like that.

I really doubt he cares about MMA either. It's just that he can bleed HERO'S for more money than he can New Japan at this point.

For a name that hasn't been mentioned, Tully Blanchard is supposed to still be in pretty good shape.

And I can't see Lesnar having that many injuries if he came back to the WWE. He could make a deal where he doesn't do house shows, and his style isn't exactly that high risk. I doubt he's going to be trying Moonsault's off a cage knowing he already has a previous history of bad neck injuries.