Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-07-01-RevPro-Strong Style Evolved UK] Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii

MoeTWrestling

This was a fight, this was a war and I was so here for it. It amazes me that Suzuki is 50 years old and is not only putting MOTYC quality matches, but these brutal, stiff kind of matches he's putting on for his age. Nothing but violence for the 2 toughest men in wrestling and it's my guilty pleasure match. I know what it does to their body, but it's amazing to watch. ****1/2

Not much to say other than this was a really good, hard-hitting match. Just two absolute badass, middle-aged bruisers laying into each other with everything they've got. The finish felt a bit weird with Suzuki just shaking off a clothesline from Ishii and rocking him with a forearm before setting up the Gotch Piledriver, but still a match very much worth watching.

It's Ishii and fucking Minoru Suzuki, of course this was going to be great. The two grumpy and tough heavyweights of New Japan finally colliding in a match once again to destroy each other. This was as stiff and physical as you would expect with these two. Suzuki in particular pretty much dominated Ishii for most of the match, but that didn't stop Ishii from getting in his own signature stuff as well. Many were expecting a loss for Suzuki especially after the Suzuki-gun domination on this UK tour, but in upset fashion Suzuki gets the Gotch on Ishii for the win and the RevPro heavyweight title, ****1/2.

• Loss changed the title to [2018-07-01-RevPro-Strong Style Evolved UK] Minoru Suzuki vs Tomohiro Ishii