Pro Wrestling Only

WWE tries to get out ahead of new potentially racially offensive angle

sek69

Tonight a new tag team, Cryme Tyme, will be introduced to the RAW audience. In an effort to humor and entertain our fans the tag team known as Cryme Tyme will be parodying racial stereotypes.

Shad Gaspard and JTG do outlandish, outrageous “stunts” to ready themselves for tag team action on RAW. This attempt at Saturday Night Live-like humor is bound to entertain audiences of all ethnic derivations.

We hope you enjoy the weekly adventures of Cryme Tyme.

Wow,  "parodying racial stereotypes" from the same folks that brought us the Wild Samoans, Umaga, Saba Simba and Gang Warz 97.  I can't wait to see how mind bendingly offensive this will be.  Considering it's a team of two black guys (Shad Gaspard and The Neighborhoodie from OVW) that's being called "Cryme Tyme", I can just imagine the possibilities.

Of course, they already have their bases covered to play the "OMG ITS JUST A JOKE" card whenever they really go overboard.

It was in WCW in '93.  They were known as Col. Parker's Posse.  I remember reading about it in an old Mark Madden column from the Torch.  In the Death of WCW, they say it was a Bill Watts idea, but it wasn't.  He was gone by the time they came in.  According to the Madden column I read, Sid Vicious was the one who came up with the idea.  I'm sure it never made it to TV.

• 2 weeks later...