1. 1.

• 100,000 - 125,000
    • 126,000 - 150,000
    • 151,000 - 175,000
    • 176,000 - 200,000
    • 201,000 - 225,000
    • 226,000 or more

Guest The Original HTQ

It's a one match show with a gimmick that has always drawn in the past. Trouble is I don't know if there is enough interest in ECW or the storyline the match is built around for this to be saved, even with the Extreme Elimination Chamber gimmick attached. Whatever this PPV draws, almost all of it will be down to the Chamber gimmick.

I'm thinking this gets around 180,000 buys. I'll be shocked with anything below 150,000 or above 200,000.

You could tell WWE doesn't care about this show, both by how they placed it a week after one of the Big Four and how they didn't bother to announce any matches other than the main event until the last possible moment. Even then they just threw some shit together.

ECW is just looking more and more like a plaything Vince lost interest in and is just being allowed to wither on the vine. The ironic thing is that ECW gets better ratings on Sci-Fi than probably anything else on the network so they'll want WWE to keep it around.

Guest DylanWaco

I actually think this ppv might be one of those ppvs that is really good precisely because of how hands off and careless the booking has been going in.

Chamber will likely be entertaining, just to see the way various people interact with each other (Punk with everyone, Lashley with everyone, Test w/Show). The weapons factor is either going to be awful beyond belief, or really effective, but this doesn't come across as Punjabi Prison nightmarish in anyway.

MNM v. Hardyz could be really fucking good if they focus on the strengths of the pairings.

Holly/Sandman has potential to be a head scratchingly good match, because on paper at least it's a good match up for both guys styllistically.

The rest of the card is up in the air, but I really think this is going to end up being a much better show than SS.

Conventional wisdom says between 151,000 and 175,000, but my gut feeling says it'll be one tier lower, mainly because of the Christmas preparation season, and also because of what sek said about little preparation for it and how that'll result. But I could be wrong, as it is only the second ECW PPV of the year, and that alone could be a sell in itself.

Gee, I'm Mr Positive for once voting for 200,000 to 225,000 buys, instead of being a bitter jaded cynic. Even the weakest PPVs of the last couple of years have drawn about 220,000 to 225,000 buys due to international business and I think this will be no different due to the novelty of the gimmick match main event.

I think the advance ticket sales and the house is more intriguing than the number of PPV buys for this one. ECW has never been put in a position where they've been expected to fill an arena this size on their own, regardless of which version of the group you're talking about.

Gee, I'm Mr Positive for once voting for 200,000 to 225,000 buys, instead of being a bitter jaded cynic. Even the weakest PPVs of the last couple of years have drawn about 220,000 to 225,000 buys due to international business and I think this will be no different due to the novelty of the gimmick match main event.

PPV business, outside of the 'big four' is way down. Domestic buys have been sinking for quite some time. Talking about that is not being 'bitter' or 'jaded', it's just stating a fact. And as far as international buys go, a lot of those come from the UK and this PPV won't even get that because it's a free special over there, so already that's 20% or so of the potential number of buys gone.

Talking about that is not being 'bitter' or 'jaded', it's just stating a fact. And as far as international buys go, a lot of those come from the UK and this PPV won't even get that because it's a free special over there, so already that's 20% or so of the potential number of buys gone.

I was just joshing with the bitter and jaded comments. And I know it's free in the UK, but so was the Great American Bash, which also had a weak line up and little buzz, and that still drew 225,000 buys.

Talking about that is not being 'bitter' or 'jaded', it's just stating a fact. And as far as international buys go, a lot of those come from the UK and this PPV won't even get that because it's a free special over there, so already that's 20% or so of the potential number of buys gone.

I was just joshing with the bitter and jaded comments. And I know it's free in the UK, but so was the Great American Bash, which also had a weak line up and little buzz, and that still drew 225,000 buys.

The GAB had two things going for it. A strongly pushed Undertaker gimmick match with an opponent that people had never seen Undertaker beat or even look strong against, and a title defense by Rey, who, despite their best efforts, still had some juice with people has a draw. They don't have that now. Nobody buys Kennedy as any kind of threat to Undertaker, and I don't see Batista, at least since coming back from the injury, having the kind of juice, at least the drawing kind, that Rey had. Even with Rey as champion they never panicked enough to send Cena over to the Smackdown PPV's to try and get the buys in. That decision alone tells you how they feel about Batista's true drawing power.