Pro Wrestling Only

Impact Spoilers

Strummer

12/28 Impact

Kurt Angle demands another match with Joe. Cornette tells security to keep their eye on Angle'

James Storm & Chris Sabin b Petey Williams & Christopher Daniels when Storm pinned Williams after a chair shot. Sabin and Lynn argued when Lynn stopped Sabin from doing a chair shot. Daniels gave both men a tope to set up a three-way brawl

Samoa Joe now has a girlfriend. With Kurt on a rampage, she's either getting beaten up or Kurt is going to sexually accost her.

Team 3-D did an interview. Brother Ray said by process of elimination, with all the other teams gone, they deserve a title shot. Runt came out and asked where they were last week when LAX beat him up. Ray and Runt started arguing and Ray accused Runt of drinking. Runt, in fact, had a bottle on him, so they started fighting. Ray tells Devon to get the table, but he refused. LAX then attacked Team 3-D. Runt him Homicide with a chair. Runt also hit Hernandez with a chair and Ray power bombed Runt onto Homicide through a table

Robert Roode b Lance Hoyt due to help from Ms. Brooks

Sting won a night stick on a pole match over Christian Cage and Abyss. Tomko got the stick first but Sting catapulted Christian into Tomko, who dropped it and Sting got it and hit Christian with it. Tomko & Christian attacked Sting, but Abyss made the save. Jim Mitchell was upset over this turn of events.

Mike Tenay and Jim Cornette were in the ring and announced Joe was Mr. TNA for 2006. Joe came out. Backstage, Angle accosted Joe's girlfriend and threatened to break her ankle if he doesn't get a rematch. Joe tells Angle to come to the ring, but Angle instead sets up the ankle lock. Joe agreed to the rematch at that point. Angle put her in the ankle lock anyway until Joe chases him away and she's carried off.

1/4 show

Rhino b Robert Roode. Ms. Brooks tried to interfere, but he's beast and not man this week so he didn't care. Roode blamed Brooks for his loss. Styles attacked Rhino. Roode joined in. Styles laid out Rhino with a frog splash.

VKM said WWE hasn't responded yet to their challenge. How would they know on January 4th? They challenged them to show up at high Noon on Wednesday, so that's January 10th and TNA would be there to film it.

Homicide b Runt in a street fight when Hernandez gave Runt a border toss into a ladder. Team 3-D made the save

Kurt Angle NC Christian Cage. Joe attacked Angle. Security broke it up and then Jim Cornette told security to let them fight. They brawled out of the building. Cornette then announced a 30:00 Iron man match for the PPV. Angle then came back and had his match with Christian. Tomko interfered and Sting made the save for Angle. Yes, Sting saved Angle.

1/11

Styles & Sabin & Storm b Rhino & Daniels & Williams when Sabin pinned Daniels

Angle b Matt Bentley. Raven caned Bentley after the match.

Team 3-D attacked Konnan and LAX saved. Ray said they took out Konnan and would win the titles.

Cornette announced Tomko is banned from ringside during the Abyss vs. Sting vs. Christian match on PPV. He then ordered Christian in a penalty box match during the Abyss vs. Tomko match. Christian refused to go in the box. Guess who put him in? Kurt Angle.

Abyss b Tomko via DQ. Joe attacked Angle so Christian got out of the cage and interfered for the DQ. Sting made the save, but this time Abyss turned on Sting.

Xplosion

Jay Lethal & Sonjay Dutt b Austin Starr & Alex Shelley

Eric Young & Ron Killings b Chris Sabin & Senshi

wo.com

I just had to post these. OH. MY. GOD. My head hurts. WHAT THE FUCK?? Can anyone make sense of this mess? ANYONE? Can you say convoluted? This is insane.

You make Angle and Joe personal and then book... an Ironman Match?

I like how Kurt Angle plays heel on the first show and then that's completely dropped over the next two shows and he's booked as a babyface again. It looks like they want to set up Sting vs Angle in February, so what do they do - they have the religious good guy make the save for the woman beater. :rolleyes: They could have got a good three weeks of TV out of that angle alone by having all the babyfaces like Jim Cornette, Sting, Rhino and Mike Tenay act shocked and disgusted at Angle's reprehensible actions, Joe cutting promos vowing vengeance and a couple of stiff brawls to set up a big gimmick match main event. Instead we get another dozen angles because Russo is afraid if he pauses for breath everyone will change the channel.

Where the fuck did the girlfriend come from? Where the hell does that fit with Joe's persona?

Goddamn, my interest in wrestling is at an all time low right now because of all this crap.

Why does Joe suddenly have a woman friend for no reason? It makes no sense for Joe’s character to have any allies, and yet all of a sudden he’s got a girlfriend/friend. Why? And why does Joe care about her? He hasn’t cared about anyone or anything since he came to TNA and yet here he is caring about this woman who’s appeared out of nowhere with no rhyme or reason as to why she’s around.

And the Iron Man stipulation makes absolutely no sense for the issue involved. If it’s personal and the big angle leading up to the announcement of the stipulation is a wild brawl between Joe and Angle, then why isn’t their match a streetfight, a falls count anywhere match or something else that fits an issue that’s personal and a grudge so heated that the two people involved had this crazy brawl that went all over the arena?

Have they even explained why Joe can’t be put into singles matches?

I thought Joe had been cooled off over summer, but they've put him in deep freeze now.

I think this is Russo's Utopian vision of a peaceful resolution of conflict under Christ, where grudges are settled by floatovers and hammerlocks instead of fists and hate. If only we all had Ironman matches with each other to settle personal issues. I think that's God's will.

This stuff is going to look worse when it plays out on TV. If TNA really do have a core viewership of a 1.0 worth of fans, this is going to test their patience given how they're going to get a headache trying to get their head around all the nonsense.

It should be mentioned that the TNA taping reports almost always sound horrible and have a million threads on a million boards bemoaning how shitty it is, and when the show actually airs it ends up not as bad as the reports made it sound.

I hate to be a TNA defender when most of them on the net are mindless shills, but with only an hour of TV a week there's going to be a fast (rushed) pace unless you're going to have the entire company booked around one or two stories. Two hours would allow them to get everything they want in every show without having everything come off as having fast forward stuck in the "on" position. Not to mention that things like a 5 minute VKM skit would be easier to tolerate on a two hour show, it really wouldn't be taking much away from the in ring product.

Spike and TNA both seem to be happy with the ratings Impact is getting, so it would seem that the magic 2 hour slot should be closer to a reality.

It should be mentioned that the TNA taping reports almost always sound horrible and have a million threads on a million boards bemoaning how shitty it is, and when the show actually airs it ends up not as bad as the reports made it sound.

I hate to be a TNA defender when most of them on the net are mindless shills, but with only an hour of TV a week there's going to be a fast (rushed) pace unless you're going to have the entire company booked around one or two stories. Two hours would allow them to get everything they want in every show without having everything come off as having fast forward stuck in the "on" position. Not to mention that things like a 5 minute VKM skit would be easier to tolerate on a two hour show, it really wouldn't be taking much away from the in ring product.

Spike and TNA both seem to be happy with the ratings Impact is getting, so it would seem that the magic 2 hour slot should be closer to a reality.

I remember hour shows from the 80s like Pro and Worldwide and Superstars that were important in the grand scheme of things, but were paced much better. The thing that I think hurts TNA is that they try to get every single wrestler on every single show every single week. That's not necessary. They'd make it a lot easier on themselves if they just had wrestlers make 1-2 appearance between every pay per view. They wouldn't burn them out quite so fast. And because of their time slot, I wish they'd find a way to work within what they have to make it successful instead of bemoaning that they don't have more time and just rushing everything. Truth is, it wouldn't bother me at all to see them focus on 2-3 storylines and fill out the card with other matches that just look good on paper, but maybe don't have quite as much build. It's almost always one or two matches that sell a show anyway, and at least those storylines would be built up really well.

Russo is working really hard. I don't think anyone could ever take that away from him. But because TNA's booking is so overly focused on being creative -- more so than being effective -- and because he feels the need to advance every single storyline every single week, he's making it harder on himself than it has to be. But that's always been the story with Russo I guess.

Also, there's been way too much male-on-female violence in the past few years, and I could live without ever seeing a male put his hands on a female in the context of wrestling ever again. I know there are some things they don't do. You don't see the women blade, and the guys never actually throw punches at the women. But it's pretty sad when a man beats up a woman on a wrestling show and no one really notices because it happens so often.

Yeah the WWF/NWA one hour shows were paced better, but they weren't the main shows of the promotion either. I guess you could make the argument that Superstars was for a while, but there was always Prime Time Wrestling around for them to go in depth with an angle if they needed to.

I don't believe for a second that if TNA had two hours they'd slow down the pacing of the shows. Even before Russo showed up they packed too much into one episode of Impact. Since Russo came in, they've regularly been trying to pack two hours of material into a one hour show. They got two hours for their prime time special, which people said would let TNA slow things down, and instead they kept with their mindset of trying to pack as much as possible into the time they had. Until TNA stop trying to do so much in one hour, and that will never happen with Russo in charge because he's never shown an ability or willingness to slow down, nothing will really get over as it could because nothing is ever given a chance to sink in before they go right to the next segment.