Pro Wrestling Only

[2018-10-21-DDT-Ryogoku Peter Pan 2018] CIMA vs Konosuke Takeshita

Makai Club #1

Excellent match. CIMA is a great heel, aggressively attacking the leg of Takeshita with his smug facial expression. He dominated the entire match with Takeshita being helpless because of the injured leg. Takeshita selling was a spotty in the middle parts of the match but generally good and they incorporated it at the end which is good to see. Shocked at the result but great match. ****1/4

A match I didn't know I wanted till it was actually announced. It's great to see that at his older age he can still put on great matches with guys almost half his age. Of course, his opponent is the young and brash "Ace" of DDT, so it was expected to be great. CIMA's legwork was incredible stuff working Takeshita throughout the whole match. Takeshita even sold it pretty well. Some spots his selling was eh, but he still kept up a great consistent job at it. After a barrage of kick outs, CIMA eventually got Takeshita to stay down with a third Meteroa for the upset win thus keeping Strong Hearts undefeated in the promotion. I sincerely doubt this is the last time both wrestlers face off, ****1/2.

• GSR changed the title to [2018-10-21-DDT-Ryogoku Peter Pan 2018] CIMA vs Konosuke Takeshita

This was fine. It says a lot that it took 20 minutes for the crowd to give a shit about Takeshita, even though this was a big and unique interpromotional match - and was worked as one - the fans were mostly silent and treating it like it was whatever, which hurt it a lot because atmosphere is key for this type of match, or at least it is to me. CIMA did great as the invader heel, cheating and using every advantage he took to hurt the young Ace, his work on the leg was compelling and his cut offs were nicely done. Konosuke is still just meh in big matches, his selling of the leg was all over the place and it was frustrating because when he did sell it, he did an awesome job, but his comebacks still lack fire and everytime he has control of the action the crowd just doesn't care. This had a some cool moments and it got very good near the end, it could've been REALLY good with a hotter crowd.

• 3 months later...
On 10/22/2018 at 11:10 AM, Jmare007 said:

the fans were mostly silent and treating it like it was whatever

DDT's Sumo Hall shows never sound loud from what I've seen. A good comparison point would be the KUDO-Sakaguchi match from 2015, where the crowd actually didn't care at all.

Match was good, CIMA's early leg work was good. I also liked them going back to the exposed turnbuckle a few times. Takeshita's selling was the same as always but... better? He's still always gonna hit all the suplexes and the thigh-slap knees and kicks but I don't think he ever stops selling the leg for more than 30 seconds in this match. It's confusing. It is what it is, they just shouldn't be building matches around him selling a leg but if they do, this is what they should be. His bump off the entranceway ruled too.