Pro Wrestling Only

[1987-07-31-NWA-Miami, FL] Ric Flair & Lex Luger & Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson & War Machine vs Dusty Rhodes & Nikita Koloff & Road Warriors & Paul Ellering (War Games II)

Superstar Sleeze

Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Tully Blanchard, Arn Anderson, War Machine vs Dusty Rhodes, Nikita Koloff, Road Warriors & Paul Ellering - WARGAMES II 7/31/87

Yeah so I am the WARGAMES hater. I just feel like it is a lot of battle royale brawling. I like blood, but seeing wrestlers with Crimson Masks is not enough for me. I hate being a downer because I do think the concept is really cool. Wargames '91 and '94 are legitimately awesome. I just felt again I was watching a battle royale with a lot of meandering. I mean at one point fucking Flair called for a bridge out of a pin spot with Nikita. I love Flair to death, but what the fuck was that. Lets run through some highlights. Dusty vs Arn was a good opening. Arn is a great stooge and Dusty has a lot of fun offense. Arn gets busted early. I love Dusty's reaction to AA going for the leg. He gets the hell out of Dodge and regroups. Arn goes for the eyes so The Dream goes for the balls. Dusty rakes Arn's face against the cage. Definitely a great, violent five minute opening. War Machine (Big Bubba Rogers) is the replacement for JJ. I like Bossman, but he was useless in this match. Hawk is in next. I will say the Road Warriors are incredibly well-suited for this match. To me they really shine in this environment. Wargames is all about hitting your spots and then moving on. Hawk & Animal have BIG spots. Flair is in next. Flair is terribly suited for this match. He does not have big spots. It would have been hilarious if he came in and took of bunch of bumps and squandered the advantage. Flair has to ballshot Hawk to make him sell. Nikita comes in. I expected him to be like Roadies and be great at this but he kinda just alright. Hawk and Nikita both no-sell piledrivers. Thats kinda unfair to the Horsemen that they are just going up against invincible humans. Tully comes in and attacks Dusty. Interesting Dusty has been in there the longest and is bloody. They leave War Machine against Hawk & Nikita that does not go well. Animal comes in and rules! Tully does sit ups into the cage, which is the only spot I ever remember from these Wargames and then Animal finally lawn darts into the next ring. Luger comes in and it is pretty non-descript. Ellering comes in with a spiked pad. Why the fuck is Paul Ellering manhandling Ric Flair? Jesus. Animal has the spiked pad and War Machine submits in anti-climatic fashion. 

The Road Warriors were the MVPs of the match and Dusty vs Arn was a good five minute match. Other people probably likes this way more than me, but I thought was just pretty alright. ***

• GSR changed the title to [1987-07-31-NWA-Miami, FL] Ric Flair & Lex Luger & Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson & War Machine vs Dusty Rhodes & Nikita Koloff & Road Warriors & Paul Ellering (War Games II)