Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-02-01-NOAH-Navigation For The Future] Kaito Kiyomiya vs Masa Kitamiya

Richeyedwards

This was for Kaito's GHC Heavyweight Title

This match went 29 minutes but on the broadcast version Samurai TV cut it down to a shade over 22 and this did good for the match. I am not sure what they cut out but the result was 22 minutes of a fast paced bombfest with both guys going for the win from the off. The pace the two wrestled at you would think they could have been going 10 minutes not 30.

Kaito is still only 22 and a good way from the finished article, in particular when it comes to working a control segment but his facial expressions and selling really draw me into his matches. Luckily for him his three title matches in this reign have all been against bigger guys who like to dominate with nasty stiff offence that Katio takes extremely well. By sticking to this formula they are managing to have some good and fresh feeling main events, It will be interesting to see what happens with his next challenger being Marufuji, I expect a slower match built around Maru dominating again but with more holds and less power offence I am not sure it will be as good but could still work. ****1/4 on a level with the Kenoh title defense from January.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [2019-02-01 NOAH Navigation For The Future] Kaito Kiyomiya vs Masa Kitamiya

Kiyomiya is coming along quite nicely as GHC Heavyweight champion so far. The third match of the reign, if you include the Sugiura match, and the third great match. If he keeps this up, he could rack up a title reign that may even outdo the one before it. But before we get ahead of ourselves, let's credit Kaito for bringing it here. Kiyomiya excels in the underdog role as he shows here with some great selling and fiery offence - key for a great face champion, imo. Masa Kitamiya shows his worth as well, setting the tone early on with him taking the match to Kiyomiya. He has a nasty high impact based offence that fit the match perfectly. His spear looked deadly and he brought lots of explosiveness to the match opposed to the babyface aura of Kaito. There isn't much noticeable clipping from its initial 29 minute run time, but it most likely added to the match. ****

Kaito isn't blowing the world away with his matches yet, but consistency is something he already has down. Another great defense for Kaito as Kitamiya showed him a very different type of NOAH intensity. Very physical stuff, and I dug the leg work Kitamiya did on Kaito's leg. Unfortunately, and it's odd this always happens with puroresu "Aces", Kaito didn't sell the leg all that well. Regardless, the match was still an excellent filler defense for Kaito with the upcoming real challenge being the Marufuji match we were supposed to get last year, ****1/4.

• GSR changed the title to [2019-02-01-NOAH-Navigation For The Future] Kaito Kiyomiya vs Masa Kitamiya