Pro Wrestling Only

[2019-07-28-Beyond-Americanrana 19] Daisuke Sekimoto vs Chris Dickinson

Jmare007

14 minutes of two dudes kicking ass. Dickinson asked for this match months ago and it seems he's been wanting to face Daisuke for years so you knew he was going to go all out on his dream match, he did not disappoint. Not a lot of story here, it's basically the two of them taking turns trying to beat the shit out of the other, with Sekimoto being more dominant and Dickinson having to find extra energy to keep up. Fucking LOVED the finishing sequence because it was incredibly intense, had the crowd going crazy and the visuals of the sweat flying off with every stiff strike were outstanding, also loved that for as intense as it was, it didn't have any excess. I was eager to watch this and I'm glad it delivered in spades.

Gave me Joe-Kobashi vibes with how they centered everything around very simple, very meaningful offense that all looked great. Those chops sending the sweat flying were insane and this felt like a real big deal despite me knowing little about Sekimoto and nothing about Dickinson. Awesome match with a fantastic atmosphere.

****1/4

• GSR changed the title to [2019-07-28-Beyond-Americanrana 19] Daisuke Sekimoto vs Chris Dickinson

Put me in the "this was fucking awesome" camp. This felt like an ode to the AJPW greats with a great deal of modern flair.  Dickenson's influences were on full display with someone he could just go in the ring with a mutual destruction pact with. The drama was there for me. Maybe it is because I feel like I am drowning in G1 action right now (I love it, but its wearing a bit on me), but this felt like a really jumped off the page. The brutality, the selling, and that absolutely brutal homestretch put this in borderline MOTY contender for me. ****1/2