Pro Wrestling Only

So is New Japan going to sue TNA now?

sek69

I was reading in the WON that NJ was threatening to sue if Inoki used the IWGP belt Lesnar kept as the title of his new IGF fed. Well not only did Inoki use that belt, Angle won it in the match they had and went on TV with the TNA and IWGP/IGF belt. So would this have any effect on the talent exchange TNA had with NJ?

I expect New Japan will ignore TNA's usage of the belt, because they will be interested in using Kurt Angle again when Inoki's vanity promotion inevitably goes bankrupt. Angle putting over whomever is the IWGP champion when he's free to work for New Japan again would be a natural match to book.

The talent exchange deal was pretty meaningless anyway. TNA never did anything with the New Japan talent they had access to and the only TNA talent New Japan booked was Kurt Angle. The deal was so sacrosanct that TNA had talked with All Japan and Pro Wrestling NOAH earlier this year about exchanging talent with them also. Unsurprisingly those talks have failed to go anyway meaningful either, though Chris Sabin has worked a tour for All Japan.

Guest Spunk

Didn't Nagata say that he wanted to have a match with angle for a unification?

I know Brock was talking shit, saying Nagata is a paper champion.

Which coming from Lesnar is hilarious.