Pro Wrestling Only

Who is more important for pro wrestling history?

yesdanielbryan

Who is more important for pro wrestling history?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more important for pro wrestling history?

2. 2. Who is more important for pro wrestling history?

3. 3. Who is more important for pro wrestling history?

4. 4. Who is more important for pro wrestling history?

5. 5. Who is more important for pro wrestling history?

Kurt Angle, for the crossover factor. Bret Hart, mainly for Montreal but also influencing so many workers who came after him. Big Show, for being able to last as long as he has and to have kept himself in good shape compared to Andre and other big men who broke down physically later in their careers. Scott Hall, for his first Nitro segment and being one of the guys who changed how the money game was played. 

Kurt Angle vs Chris Jericho is a really tough one. Kurt was important for the crossover factor, but he also was a huge influence in the ring, as his matches with Lesnar and Benoit show. I won't say if it's a good or bad thing, but the influence is there.

Meanwhile, Chris Jericho played an important role into AEW being considered as a legit big deal, and is their innaugural champ. He's certainly overshadowing Omega and I would say The Bucks, and is at least tied with Cody. Also his ability to reinvent himself many times and manage to leave a mark pretty much all of those times is impressive.

What crossover ? Angle's career happened during a time pro-wrestling became less and less popular. Hell, his better years happened in TNA, where he was barely even watched. I don't see how there was a crossover of any sorts with Angle. Old-timers marked out for him because of his gold medal, but apart from that… I guess you could argue Lesnar getting in pro-wresting came from his success...

Meanwhile, Jericho was part of the hottest era of pro-wrestling of the last 30 years, him jumping to WWF in 99 was a big deal and probably propelled the jumps that followed (Benoit & Eddie being important in the early 00's), he's still relevant after 25 years, he made his name in New Japan in a hot period too. He was probably a key part in AEW getting a TV deal as he's the big "mainstream" name of the bunch. It's not even close to me.