Pro Wrestling Only

Ted Dibiase Welfare Scandal

joeg

If you haven't heard about this yet, here are some of the details as I understand them. Brett Dibiase was indicted for embezzling from his father Ted Dibiase's faith based non government organization. At the same time, Brett Dibiase ran the Mississippi Department of Human Services during which time that government agency awarded $2.1 million in welfare funds to Ted Dibiase's non profit some of which ended up in Brett Dibiase's pocket. Anybody down in Mississippi know more than this or know more accurate details than whats being said online? 

My understanding is that the company Brett was working for was embezzling state funds, and Ted's organization suddenly started getting state money around the same time. Brett was named in the indictment but Ted was not, so for now it looks like either Ted wasn't aware of any wrongdoing, or more likely they couldn't find any smoking gun that proved he knew about it. 

It looks like the best case scenario is Ted's group loses a big chunk of their income, but honestly it seems pretty hard to buy that he didn't have any suspicion where the money is coming from. The issue unfortunately is that it's Mississippi, so it might be an uphill battle getting them to look too hard at the books of any religious based groups. 

On 2/18/2020 at 3:14 AM, sek69 said:

My understanding is that the company Brett was working for was embezzling state funds, and Ted's organization suddenly started getting state money around the same time. Brett was named in the indictment but Ted was not, so for now it looks like either Ted wasn't aware of any wrongdoing, or more likely they couldn't find any smoking gun that proved he knew about it. 

It looks like the best case scenario is Ted's group loses a big chunk of their income, but honestly it seems pretty hard to buy that he didn't have any suspicion where the money is coming from. The issue unfortunately is that it's Mississippi, so it might be an uphill battle getting them to look too hard at the books of any religious based groups. 

My understanding is that Brett is a very small part of what is actually going on. Namely, he benefited from about $50,000 of misappropriated money for rehab.