Pro Wrestling Only

TNA Lockdown PPV

Coffey

Anyone know about this or plan on watching it? It's an all cage match PPV.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/lockdown/index.html

Posted Image

Posted Image

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: LETHAL LOCKDOWN RULES

NWA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Jarrett, The Alpha Male Monty Brown and The Outlaw vs. Diamond Dallas Page, Sean Waltman and a Partner To Be Announced

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: FOR THE NUMBER ONE CONTENDER

The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Abyss

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: X CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Fallen Angel vs. Primetime

SIX SIDES OF STEEL FOR THE NWA TAG TEAM TITLE

America's Most Wanted vs. Team Canada

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: TABLES MATCH

The Charismatic Enigma Jeff Hardy vs. Raven

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: "PRINCE OF DARKNESS" DEATH MATCH

Dustin Rhodes vs. Team Canada's Bobby Roode

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: "XSCAPE" MATCH

Michael Shane vs. Sonjay Dutt vs. Chris Sabin vs. Shocker

SIX SIDES OF STEEL: CHALLENGE MATCH

Apolo vs. Lance Hoyt

I don't know how I feel about the PPV gimmick but the matches don't seem to be too bad on paper. Just thought I'd make a non-WWE post and give you guys a heads up in case anyone was interested.

Posted Image

I dunno, the matches all seem decent enough, and the all-cage gimmick is something different at least.

I watched Impact last night and I was digging the "Saturday Night at Center Stage" vibe the have. Sure they can be WCW Lite at times, but the harsh truth is you can't have a promotion selling PPVs on the back of (to the average fan) no-name talent. The problem is you don't want to overpush the older name talent, and I think they've done as good a job as they can. Booking TNA is kind of like being manager of the Pirates, you can only do so much with what you have.

I think they've done a pretty good job putting together entertaining PPVs, they certainly have a better record than the WWE has of late.

According to Meltz, when you do something this drastic to generate interest, you are truly on your last legs.

That line of thinking irritates me, for one, Meltz isn't God. Secondly, it seems to fly in the face of the complaint that doing something different (what everyone is begging WWE to do) is a sign of desparation.

Maybe it will end up flopping, but that's the risk you take when you try something different.

Well, from what I've read, it was Dixie Carter's idea. So, take that for what it's worth. Still, it looks like a last hoo-rah for Dusty as booker...even if he didn't have anything to do with it.

As far as TNA the company is concerned, as long as they have Panda backing them, they're not going anywhere.

That reminds me, with all the Dusty bashing in vogue again, Scooter claimed that Dusty's booking killed cage matches after booking run of the 80s.

The fact that both WCW and WWF had some sort of no blood policy at varying times had little to do with it, I'm sure....

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

The fact that both WCW and WWF had some sort of no blood policy at varying times had little to do with it, I'm sure....

Whether every cage match had blood in it or not, or even if only a few had blood in them, having so many in such a short period of time would have killed the specialness of the gimmick, regardless of how much blood was or was not involved.

And having a card of call cage matches is a sign of desperation, especially when the idea came from someone who has had no real input into the booking of the company, and wouldn't have been able to make each individual match mean something. Not that that people who have had real input have been able to do that anyway, but the point remains.

I actually haven't watched TNA in quite some time. WWE has been boring me lately, or at least Raw has, so I might start following it again.

I won't be able to watch the PPV tonight since I can't order PPV from where I'm at but I do plan on downloading it after the show is over. I want to see it so that I can voice my opinion on it.

I posted a "ban me" thread at TSM because the only real reason I still went there was for the WWE folder. The WWE folder over there is worse than the actual WWE. That's part of the reason why I've been posting here a lot more recently. I was kinda hoping that a couple of you other cats would start trying to follow TNA with me. Even if the product isn't as good as it could be, it'll give us something else to talk about. Or give me someone to preach to rather.

Now that I know that Impact has an airing at a time where I'm usually home to watch, I'm going to try to follow TNA more.

What I saw was pretty decent. I mean, it's not 1989 NWA quality, but it's easily better than RAW of late.

Yeah, I plan on watching Impact weekly now. In fact, since I've started to not watch Raw anymore, I've told a couple of my friends that the weekly wrestling get together will be TNA now. It gives us something to do and a weekly wrestling fix too.

Coffey, what's your opinion on the XXX vs AMW cage match?

I'm downloading it right now. I'll rewatch it then let you know what I think because I don't remember it at all. I'm not even certain if I've seen it to be honest.

Guest Cam Chaos

I have a bunch of matches. If you're interested in anything in the future, I can hook you up via yousendit. Don't know if you've got Austin/Benoit from SD with the 10 Germans, but I got that earlier.

They had the XXX/AMW cage match on On Demand for a while and I honestly feel it was one of the best matches I have ever seen. Definately top ten, and probably top 5.

Awesome mix of old school NWA style tag team wrestling with just enough spot action to keep it lively.