Pro Wrestling Only

Australian Wrestling Association (AWA)

icemandave

Got behind here.. .sorry...

The Super show went over pretty well. One of my biggest points of interest is the trajectory of Terry Funk here. He is coming into a great 1989 so I am interested to see if he gets major play over the course of the next couple of months. Kerry Von Erich with a big win and an even brighter future. He could be the ace in the hole if you will. Kokina getting a big win is also kind of surprising and awesome. And here is what you find out about me... I type as I read and BOOM Terry Funk and then the Von Erichs. Great movement forward. Dibiase is without a doubt the man and now we've got some others who could really be top dogs here.

Now we got to the Episode 9. Once again, I love the Bichoff and Harley dynamic. Race is really one of the best color guys right now. Paul E has got a good crew with the SST and Kokina here. Muta and Sherri is one of the funnest pairings I have continued to grow and love over the last couple of weeks. Muta vs MArtel though... that could be very fun. Nikita comes back with a big win. Lots of movement... then we've got the six-man announced. Great development and everything is going in the right direction here.

All-Star Wrestling Episode 10

Eric Bischoff and Harley Race welcome us to another week of All-Star Wrestling.  Bischoff explains that we have a big night in store for us as we will see both the Tag Team Champions and the #1 contenders in action tonight.  Race then points out that Sherri has a very special guest on Queen’s Court tonight because the World Champion will be making a special appearance.  Bischoff says that probably means that Cowboy Bob Orton and Terry Funk will be there too, and then asks if Race will be joining them.  Race tells Bischoff to watch what he says, or no amount of warnings from President Mario Milano will stop him from reminding Bischoff why he is the greatest world champion of all time.

Hercules defeated SD Jones by submission to the torture rack backbreaker.  During the match Race talked up Hercules size and strength, and spoke about him being a tremendous asset.  Bischoff asked if Race was implying that Hercules may be potentially on the payroll of the Million Dollar Man.  Race responded “How would I know?”, and Bischoff said he thought Race and DiBiase were business associates.  Race said that his business dealings are none of Bischoff’s business.

Craig DeGeorge is in the back with Nikita Koloff.  Koloff says that a couple of weeks ago he discovered just how big and strong Kokina is.  However Koloff is a determined man, and he intends to prove that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.  He says he wants another shot at Kokina, and says that if he or that little loudmouth who hangs around him are really men, then they will answer his challenge.

Kevin Von Erich w/Kerry Von Erich beat Steve Lombardi following a Superkick.  Bischoff says that Kevin has come to Australia to help his brother fight corruption.  Race says that Kevin is just as stupid as his brother.

We cross to Mike Gibson in the Event Centre.  Gibson begins to promote the upcoming “outback Mayhem” tour of Australia, and encourages fans to buy their tickets quickly.  Gibson says that one of the big matches at Outback Mayhem will see Rick Martel face The Great Muta.  We see footage of Muta’s attack on Martel at last week’s Queen’s Court.  We then hear from Rick Martel.  He says that there have been times when he did not see an attack coming, but last week was the first time he struggled to see.  He states that Muta may be an exciting wrestler, but his inexperience will be his undoing.  We then cross to Sherri Martel with Muta.  Sherri says that once in a generation a superstar emerges that evolves the sport.  She says that Great Muta is that evolution, and at Outback Mayhem he will take the next step when he beats a former World Champion in Rick Martel.  We go back to Gibson who says that the match between Martel and Muta is going to be an in-ring classic.

Powers of Pain destroyed SD Jones & Outback Jack when Warlord pinned Jones after a powerslam.  Following the match Ellering looked into the camera and told the British Bulldogs that they had better enjoy their last 3 weeks as Champions, because the pain is coming.

It is now time for the Queens Court, and Sherri says she is honoured to introduce our great World Champion: Ted DiBiase.  As Bischoff predicted earlier, DiBaise comes to the set with Bob Orton and Terry Funk.  At ringside Harley Race can be seen standing and applauding.   Sherri says that it is an honor to have DiBiase here, and she thanks him for his patronage of her, and she starts to stroke a diamond necklace she is wearing.  DiBiase says that Sherri is the Queen of Wrestling, and she deserves to be treated as such.  Sherri asks Ted about Jake Roberts and the Von Erich’s.  Ted says that Jake is nothing but a worm, and the Von Erich’s are just rodents.  He says that he has surrounded himself with the best money can buy:  the best bodyguard in the world and a true movie star.  He says he also has the sound advice of the greatest mind in the business at his disposal.  DiBiase says that Jake the Snake needs to learn he is never going to capture the world title, and the Von Erich’s should just tuck their tails and go back to Texas.  Terry Funk then says that he is the greatest wrestler from Texas.  He says his ranch is bigger than the Von Erich’s, and his Dad was a greater wrestler, and above all he has more talent than both Von Erich’s combined.  Orton just smiles at the camera and says, give me the chance to beat some people up, and I’ll be happy.  DiBiase says that at Outback Mayhem the world will see just how outmatched the Von Erich’s and Jake are when they face us in a 6 man tag match.  He says that once again he will prove that everyone has a price, and money will always overcome.

Bam Bam Bigelow w/Paul E. Dangerously pinned Steve Blackman after a flying headbutt.  Bischoff points out that Bigelow is very agile for a big man.  Race notes that every one of Paul E’s Dangerous Alliance are big and agile, and Race is the brains of the operation.  Bischoff says that may be why they have not met with much success yet.  Race asks Eric if he would say that to Paul E’s face.  Bischoff says yes.  Race then asks if he would say it to Kokina’s face, and Bischoff immediately crosses to Craig DeGeorge.

Craig De Geroge is with Bad Company, and asks about their early success here in AWA.  Brian Pillman starts to answer when Bruce Hart talks over him, and says that he has travelled the world to prove how great he is.  He says that he has found a partner with all the tools to succeed, and that with his experience and knowledge Bad Company will become World Tag Team Champions.  Craig asks Pillman about their scheduled match against the Sheepherders at Outback Mayhem.  Pillman starts to answer when Hart interrupts and says that the Sheepherders will find out that they are not the only team who are willing to put their bodies on the line to win a match.  Pillman is not happy with Hart’s interruption, but nods in agreement.  When they cross back to ringside, Race questions how united this team truly is?

British Bulldogs defeated Jose Luis Rivera & Jose Estrada after Davey Boy Smith press-slammed Dynamite Kid onto Estrada.  As the Bulldogs celebrate in the ring, the Powers of Pain rush to the ring and attack the Bulldogs.  A 4-way brawl breaks out, as referees rush to the ring to try and break it up.  The Bulldogs then break away from the refs and attack the Warlord and Barbarian.  Race says that the powers of Pain are trying to get in the heads of the Bulldogs.  Bischoff notes that the two teams are very evenly matched, and when they meet at Outback Mayhem it will be a truly great Title match.

Down in Australia we've got some big time wrestling highlighted by Bam Bam Bigelow in my opinion. This guy has money written all over him in 1988 so to see him and Paul E it means success but with Kokina around that could be interesting. Pillman not too happy... I've always loved him as a tweener/ do what you can kind of guy.  The other big movement is on the six-man... it is going to be huge and a battle that is sure to reset the AWA for the future.

All-Star Wrestling Episode 11

Eric Bischoff and Harley Race welcome us to this weeks All-Star Wrestling, and Bischoff says tonight is a stacked show.  Race says that tonight we will be graced by the World Champion and his growing corporation.  Bischoff asks if Race is a part of the corporation and Race says that his financial dealings are none of Bischoff’s business.  Bischoff asks Race if the corporation will be able to fend off the attacks of Jake The Snake, and Race says he is sure that DiBiase has a plan to protect himself from that worm.

Bad Company beat DJ Peterson & Steve Lombardi when Bruce Hart pinned Peterson.  Late in the match Pillman hit a suplex on Peterson and prepared to climb the ropes when Hart tagged himself into the match, and hit a back suplex for the win.  Pillman was not happy about Hart’s actions, while Hart celebrated.  Race says that there is clearly trouble in paradise and that Bruce Hart is a glory hog.  Bischoff hopes that the team work out their differences soon, or a future champion tag team may find that they won’t be a team much longer.

Craig DeGeorge is with Kerry and Kevin Von Erich.  Kerry says that it is so good to have his brother with him here in Australia.  Kevin says that the Von Erich’s are the strongest family in the world, and no force can stop them, no matter how much money they wield.  Kerry then says whether it is Ted DiBiase’s world title or the Tag Team Titles, it won’t be long before the Von Erich name is on a championship belt.

Kokina w/Paul E Dangerously pinned Brian Adams after a Banzai Drop.  After the match Kokina landed a second Banzai Drop.  He was preparing to deliver a third when NIKITA KOLOFF ran to the ring and attacked Kokina, He clubbed Kokina into the ropes, and then hit a running Russian Sickle that forced Kokina out of the ring.  Paul E then jumped in front of Kokina and encouraged him to leave the ring while Koloff attended to the hurt Brian Adams.

We go to the Event Centre with Mike Gibson.  He hypes the upcoming “Outback Mayhem” event in a couple of weeks time.  He runs down the card, but puts the clear focus on the tag team title match between the British Bulldogs and the Powers of Pain, saying that these are possibly the two best teams in the world right now.  We then get an interview with Paul Ellering and the Powers.  Ellering says that the Powers of Pain are the most powerful team in the world, they are the evolution of tag team wrestling, and at Outback Mayhem they will win him the World Tag Team Titles.  We then hear from the Bulldogs, who say it does not matter how big and strong a team is, because no one is taking the Tag Team Titles away from them.  We come back to Bischoff and race.  Bischoff says he can’t wait for what will be one of the most exciting tag team matches in the world.  Race says that the Bulldogs have been worthy tag team champions, but the Powers of Pain are a whole other level of greatness he can’t see how the Bulldogs even stand a chance.

Rick Martel beat Barry Horowitz by submission to the Boston Crab.  Bischoff says that Martel is putting himself into contention for a world title shot soon.  Race suggests that the winner of the Martel vs Muta match at Outback Mayhem may be the next challenger for the World Title.

We go to Queen’s Court, and Sherri’s guest this week is The Mighty Hercules.  Sherri talks about Hercules being one of the most powerful men in the AWA.  Hercules says that his power is legendary.  He said he went to the foot of Mount Olympus and spoke to Zues himself, and Zues challenged him to prove to the world he is the most powerful man in the world.  Hercules says that Sherri is the most beautiful, The Great Muta (standing behind Sherri) may be the most exciting, but he is the most powerful.  At this point Ted DiBiase and Bob Orton come to the set.  DiBiase says Hercules may be the most powerful, but he is the most wealthy.  He then says that as the wealthiest, he has a business proposal for the most powerful, and asks Hercules to join him for a private meeting.  Sherri says it is enticing to be in the presence of Money or Power, and she gets to be in the presence of both.

Jake “the Snake” Roberts pinned Tiger Chung Lee following the DDT.  After the match he allowed Damien to slither all over Lee, while he looked to the camera and said “Ted DiBiase, the war isn’t over yet”.  Race starts to mock Roberts, who then picks Damien up and rolls out of the ring and walks up to Race.  Race is clearly terrified and tries to back away.  Roberts says “What’s the matter race, you scared of a little snake?  I thought that money was supposed to overcome your fears?  Make sure you pass on this message to Ted”.  Roberts then leans Damien closer to Harley causing him to fall to the ground, and then laughs and walks away.

Craig DeGeorge is with Paul E & Dangerously and the Dangeous Alliance.  Paul E says that he has assembled the greatest stable of wrestlers in the world.  He says that he intends to guide each man to championship gold.  He then says that Kokina is an unstoppable monster, but it seems some people like to poke the monster.  He says that Nikita Koloff is a man who has disgraced his country, trying to appease the masses then holding true to his national beliefs.  Dangerously says that if Koloff wants another lesson in pain, then Kokina is more than willing to become the teacher.

Ted DiBiase, Bob Orton & Terry Funk vs Paul Roma, Jim Powers & SD Jones

Before the match starts, DiBiase grabs the mic and reminds us that  “Everyone has a price for the Million Dollar Man”.  He says that tonight he does not feel like dirtying his hands, and does not feel that Roma, Powers and Jones should be offered any money to forfeit.  Instead he has hired someone to take his place in the match.  He then invites Hercules to come to the ring.  Race calls DiBiase a genius, while Bischoff asks if Hercules is now a full member of DiBiase’s corporation.

Bob Orton, Terry Funk & Hercules w/Ted DiBiase beat Paul Roma, Jim Powers & SD Jones when Hercules forced Jones to submit to the torture rack backbreaker.  After the match DiBiase enters the ring and shakes each man’s hand and hands them each a cash reward.  Race then enters the ring and asks DiBiase about his growing corporate power.  DiBiase says that these men in the ring with him are proof that money can buy anything- the greatest advice, greatest bodyguard and the greatest talkers and athletes in the world are all at his disposal.  He says that if anyone wants to try their luck against him, all they have to do is sign on the dotted line.  He says that Jake Roberts, The Von Erich’s and everyone else need to recognise right now that he is not only the wealthiest man in the world, but he is the smartest, and no one will ever take this World Title away from him.  The Corporation then hug in the ring as Bischoff asks if DiBiase may actually be right and this Corporation could be the most powerful force in the AWA, or the rest of the wrestling world

Australia has a lot going on, and am new to reading the shows so I don't have a background, but this was a great show with a lot of action.  You move your storylines forward expertly with the commentary and interviews.

I love the interplay between Bischoff and Race.  I like your emphasis on mid-card hoss matchups ... Koloff vs. Kokina should be a slobberknocker and a half, and the Powers of Pain did not cross paths enough with the Bulldogs in real life and I love the matchup.

Martel and Muta could be the show-stealer, I bet those two could put on a clinic.  Sherri is a great spokesperson for Muta.  

I also love DiBiase as your champion.  You have him doing and saying the things I can imagine him doing as a champion, and I think it's great we can have him here since we got shafted of that in real life!

This was a fun show, now that I am on summer break, I plan to do a better job keeping up!

(You posted your newest show literally a minute before I posted this ... I'll get you some instant feedback on that one soon!)

I liked this show a lot, too!  

Bad Company is about to explode.  Pillman is only going to take so much of this.  I think Bruce Hart is in some shit, here.

Even though they are both heel factions, I am wondering how long the Dangerous Alliance and DiBiase's Corporation are going to be able to co-exist in Australia before they inevitably cross paths.

I did notice the nod to the Martel/Muta winner as being possibly next in line for a title match.  Something to keep an eye on.

Another great job of pushing your storylines and keeping everything interesting!

I'm very curious to see which direction you'll go with Brian Pillman here. Sure, logic tells that Bruce is acting like a jerk with the way he hogged the spotlight but I'd be damned if you couldn't make a great heel with Pillman at the moment in a feud that could tear down the house at the midcard level for the better part of 1988. Using Bruce as a fodder to make Pillman your next superstar would be good booking!

All-Star Wrestling Episode 12

Eric Bischoff and Harley Race welcome us to All-Star Wrestling, and Bischoff notes we are less than 7 days away from “Outback Mayhem”, and encourages fans across the country to get tickets before they sell-out.  Race says that Outback Mayhem will be a special event as Ted DiBiase and the Corporation will finally drive The Snake and The Von Erich’s out of Australia and the AWA.  Bischoff says we have a lot of action tonight, as well as a special announcement from AWA President Mario Milano.  Race says that when Milano opens his mouth, the entire world goes to sleep, and he doubts Milano has anything of any relevance to say.

Jeff Jarrett pinned Barry Horowitz following a flying body press.  Bischoff says that Jarrett will be facing Bam Bam Bigelwo next week at Outback Mayhem, and Race suggests he needs more than a flying bodypress in his arsenal to beat Bigelow.

Craig DeGeorge is with Rick Martel.  Martel says that ext week he is facing a very tough competitor in The Great Muta.  Martel says that he has been studying videotape on Muta, and believes he has found several weaknesses that he can exploit, and it should result in victory and then possibly a shot at the World Title.  DeGeorge asks about Sherri being at ringside.  Martel says they may share the same surname, but that is all, and if Sherri gets involved she may find that he believes in equal opportunity.

The Sheepherders beat Paul Roma & Jim Powers when Luke Williams pinned Roma after a battering ram.  Race suggests that the unity the Sheepherders have will be too much for Badd Company next weekend, as they have been disunited for a while now.

Mike Gibson is in the Event Centre, and gives us a rundown of the card for Outback Mayhem.  It includes:

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Jeff Jarrett

Rick Martel vs Great Muta

Samoan SWAT Team vs Killer Bees

Bad Company vs Sheepherders

Kokina vs Nikita Koloff

British Bulldogs vs The Powers of Pain for AWA World Tag Team Titles.

Jake Robert & The Von Erichs vs Ted DiBiase, Bob Orton and Terry Funk

We then hear from Ted DiBiase with the corporation:  Orton, Funk and Hercules.  DiBiase says that his financial power is endless, and he has assembled the greatest force in the AWA.  He said that he has proven that every one has a price, and he may just have to remind everyone at Outback Mayhem of that fact.  He suggests that he does not want to get his hands dirty, and that Hercules may take his place in the main event.  We go back to Bischoff who says that is not allowed, and Race points out that he who has the money makes the rules.

Ron Garvin beat Steve Lombardi after the Hands of Stone Punch.  Bischoff asks why Garvin does not have a match at Outback Mayhem.  Race suggests that maybe he is the next member of the Corporation and will be taking the place of someone.  Bischoff says that Garvin would never sell out.

We get a pre-taped vignette.  The camera is in the desert of outback Australia.  We see northing but desert and a small building.  At the front of the building is a man sitting on the ground, just rocking back and forth.  He looks at the camera and says “People think that this is the most hazourdous climate in the world”.  He then leans into the camera “Those people are wrong…. I am the most hazardous”.  Then emblazoned on the screen is says: CACTUS JACK is coming.

We go to Queen’s Court, and Sherri’s guest this week is a man who is probably an illegal immigrant, and is certainly the most stupid man in the world:  Nikita Koloff.  Koloff comes out holding a big chain, causing Sherri to back away.  Sherri says that this is not the place to start a fight.  Koloff says he is not here to start a fight, but to answer a challenge.  He says that last week Paul E. Dangerously said that Kokina would face him in a match next weekend.  Sherri says that Kokina has already humiliated Nikita once, why would he want another match.  He says when he grew up in Russia he had to fight for everything he had, and if he did not achieve it the first time, he keeps trying until he does succeed.  He says that the chain he holds reminds him of the bondage he broke away from, but at Outback Mayhem this chain represents the end of Kokina’s freedom.  He says that he has chosen a Russian Chain Match for their battle, and “I have never lost one of these matches”.

The Powers of Pain w/Paul Ellering beat Tom Zenk & Outback Jack when Barbarian pinned Outback after a flying headbutt.  The Powers then clean out the ring and pose, as Ellering says that these are the next World Tag Team Champions.  Race says he has to agree with Ellering, and Bischoff concedes that if any team can beat the Britsih Bulldogs, the Powers of Pain have the strength and skill to do so.

In the ring, Craig DeGeorge introduces AWA President Mario Milano.  Milano says that recently some of the superstars of the AWA have acted in unprofessional ways.  He says there have been backroom deals and working around contracts, and it is time to put this to a stop.  He says that at Outback Mayhem the signed contract for the Main Event says that Jake Roberts and The Von Erich’s are due to face Bob Orton, Terry Funk and AWA World Champion Ted DiBiase.  He notes that Mr DiBiase seems to think he can use his money to get out of his contracted appearances.  Well this is no longer an option.  He says that if Mr DiBiase, or any other member of his team, should attempt to pay someone to wrestle on their behalf, then they will be fined substantially and suspended.  The crowd roars and Race is furious.  He says that Milano has no right to do this.  Bischoff notes he has every right… he is the President.  Race slips by saying he and DiBiase will not stand for this, and then corrects himself saying DiBiase will not accept this and will surely get his lawyers onto this.  Bischoff pushes the point of Race’s involvement and Race tells Bischoff to shut up or he may try to find out if Milano’s threats to suspend him for physical violence are genuine.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts, Kerry & Kevin Von Erich beat Jose Luis Rivera, Jose Estrada & Tiger Chung Lee when Roberts pinned Estrada after the DDT.  Following the match Jake let Damian have a slither on Estrada as Kerry and Kevin grabbed the mic and invited DiBiase, the Corporation and Race to come into the ring to join them.. Jake then grabbed the mic and says that next weekend, at Outback Mayhem, we will see just how much mayhem he and Damian can cause, and no amount of money can save Ted DiBiase from that.  Race says he is sure DiBiase has a plan to shut Roberts up for good, and Bischoff encourages everyone to hurry up and get tickets to Outback Mayhem as it is nearly sold out across the country.

Outback Mayhem is going to be awesome, I agree with Edger that Martel and Muta will steal the show!

I'm really interested in seeing how DiBiase tries to find a workaround to the ruling at the end of the show because I am sure he will try something!  I feel like there may be another member of the corporation introduced at the big show as well, just a hunch.

And oh shit, Cactus Jack is coming!  I have chills, and I feel like AWA may never be the same.  You want to talk mayhem, he's your guy.  Can't wait to see how you fit him into your promotion.

The whole card looks great top to bottom for Outback Mayhem.  I can't wait to see what unfolds!  Nikita/Kokina and POP/Bulldogs are the other matches I really have my eye on.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC- Sorry for the delay in posting.  I have had a very busy couple of weeks at work.

“Outback Mayhem”

Live from Brisbane, QLD.

Eric Bischoff and Harley Race welcome us to Outback Mayhem.  Bischoff promises a night of non-stop action, the type only the AWA can bring you.  Harley Race says that tonight the world will again see the power of money when the Million Dollar Man and his corporation prove once again that money can but everything.  Bischoff says he is looking forward to the battle for the tag team titles between the British Bulldogs and the Powers of Pain.  Race says that the Bulldogs have bitten off more than they can chew, and Paul Ellering will soon be the manager of the World Tag Team Champions.

Bam Bam Bigelow w/Paul E Dangerously vs Jeff Jarrett

Bam Bam swats Jarrett away and mocks him in disgust.  Jarrett tries several attacks, but they are ineffective.  Bigelow uses his power to dominate the match, utilising slams and a massive bearhug.  Bigelow sends Jarrett to the corner and charges, but Jarrett moves and Bigelow crashes into the corner.  Jarrett launches a high flying attack, coming off the top rope with a dropkick, and several other fast paced moves, knocking Bigelow to the mat.  Jarrett then hits a flying elbow and makes the cover, but Dangerously has the ref distracted.  Jarrett gets up and threatens Paul E, who drops to the floor.  Jarrett turns around and walks into a stun gun from Bigelow.  Bigelow then goes up top and drops a flying headbutt for the win.  Race says that Paul E’s Dangerous Alliance have gotten off to a strong start tonight.

Winner:  Bam Bam Bigelow

In the back Craig DeGeorge is with Bad Company.  Brian Pillman says he is excited to prove to the world how… Bruce Hart interrupts and says “How great we are as a team”.  Hart says that he has the tools to make it to the top, and Pillman is learning fast, and tonight they will send the Sheepherders scurrying back to New Zealand.  Race says he suspects that Bad Company are still not on the same page, and calls Hart an egomaniac. 

Bad Company vs Sheepherders

Hart and Pillman start strong and have the Sheepherders on the back foot.  They land several double team moves, and Bischoff notes that they seem to be on the same page now.  Luke and Butch are backing off, but Pillman presses the attack.  He brings Luke to the corner, and looks to the crowd and Bruce Hart tags himself in annoying Pillman.  Hart beats on Luke, but Butch comes in from behind and turns the table.  Luke and Butch really wail on Hart.  Several times Hart looks like he is battling back, and in a position to make a tag, which Pillman is beckoning for, but Hart chooses to fight on himself.  Luke and Butch pummel Hart’s back.  Eventually Hart and Butch land a clothesline on each other.  Hart finally makes the tag to Pillman, who comes in on fire.  He takes down both Luke and Butch with a series of dropkicks and slams.  Pillman lands a slingshot suplex on Butch and gets a near fall, broken up by Luke.  Pillman manages to backdrop Luke to the floor, and Hart tags himself back in.  Pillman slingshots to Luke on the floor, while Hart sets Butch up for a suplex.  Butch blocks it, and hits a series of punches, and then rolls Hart up, grabbing the ropes in the process to get the pin.  Pillman just misses breaking it up.  Race laughs and says that Hart’s ego has cost them the win.  Hart gets up and then yells at Pillman and shoves him, saying that Pillman should have been there.  Pillman shoves back, and Hart slaps him in the face.  Hart can be heard yelling that he brought Pillman in, and he is guiding him, and he knows what is best.  Pillman clearly wants to argue further, but decides against it, and returns to the back with Hart.  Race calls Pillman spineless and says that Hart has the experience needed for the team to prosper.  Bischoff says that Hart just seems to want to prosper his own career.  Race comments that every wrestler should always have that attitude.

Winners:  The Sheepherders.

In the back there is commotion.  Craig DeGeorge says that he is with Ted DiBiase and his Corporation.  Cowboy Bob Orton can be seen clutching his arm.  DeGeoge asks what is happening.  DiBiase says that Orton had a serious accident on the way to the arena, and has broken his arm.  He says they are seeking an urgent meeting with President Milano as they will need to replace Orton in the main event tonight.  Mario Milano arrives on the scene, and asks what is happening.  DiBiase inform Milano about Orton’s accident, and Orton then shows his arm in a cast.  Milano says he does not believe the story.  DiBiase then holds up an envelope and says this is an official letter and X-Ray’s from Dr I.N. Pain.  He says this will prove their story and demands that Milano allows Orton to be replaced in the main event.  Milano says he will review the letter and X-Rays and consider the request.  He advises he will notify them of his decision soon.

Bischoff questions whether the letter is legitimate.  Race says that DiBiase is a man of honour, and he knows that Orton was involved in a serious accident, and he spoke to them earlier and knows that Orton is in a lot of pain, and says that Milano had better make the right decision if he knows what is good for him.

Samoan SWAT Team w/Paul e. Dangerously vs Killer Bees

A pretty even affair, with both teams trading the advantage throughout the match.  Paul E consistently distracts the Bees every time they get some ascendancy in the match.  Fatu and Samu send both Bees to the floor, and the go under the ring and come out wearing a pair of masks.  This confuses Fatu and Samu, and the ref.  Paul E is furious, and yells at the ref.  The Bees use this to double team the Samoans, sending Samu to the floor.  They then hit a double dropkick on Fatu, but Dangerously passes his phone to Fatu.  Fatu comes off the top rope with the phone while the ref is ordering a Bee out of the ring.  He rolls Samu on top of the fallen Bee, and the ref turns and counts the pin.  Bischoff complains that the Samoans used a foreign object, but Race calls it ingenuity.

Winners:  The Samoan SWAT Team.

In the back Craig DeGeorge is with Paul Ellering and the Powers of Pain.  Ellering says that tonight he will prove to the world that he is managing the greatest tag team in history.  He says tonight that Warlord and Barbarian are too big and too strong for the little Puppy Dogs.  He says that the Powers of Pain are the future of Tag Team Wrestling, and the next AWA World Tag Team Champions….. and he hopes that his former chares around the world are paying attention to see what they are missing.

Paul E Dangerously and Kokina.  He says that tonight his Dangerous Alliance have already proven how they have earned the name “Dangerous”.  He then says that very shortly Nikita Koloff is going to learn why Kokina is the most dangerous man in the Dangerous Alliance.  He states that Koloff is a fool for wanting a Russian Chain Match, and questions how he will drag the big man around the ring.  He says that the outcome is inevitable.

Rick Martel vs The Great Muta w/Sensational Sherri

Both men are tentative early, trading armbars and takedowns.  Martel manages to reverse a hammerlock, and slams Muta onto his arm, and then continues to work on the arm and shoulder.  Muta backs Martel into the corner, and lands a series of chops.  Muta and Martel pick up the pace trading slams, dropkicks and more takedowns, before Martel clamps on a hammerlock on the mat.  Muta is getting frustrated, and he goes to the eyes of Martel, and then rams him into the turnbuckle.  Muta with an irish whip and then a backflip/handstand elbow.  Muta tosses Martel from the ring, and the ref admonishes him.  This allows Sherri to take a couple of shots at Muta.  Muta then slingshots over the top rope for a body press on Martel.  Muta goes to ram Martel into the ringpost, but Martel reverses, and Muta’s shoulder hits the steel.  Martel then slams Muta on the outside and rolls back into the ring.  Sherri tends to Muta, but Martel climbs to the top rope and jumps, landing a double axehandle on Muta.  Martel rolls Muta back into the ring, and works the back, but Muta drives Martel into the corner, and lands several shoulders into the ribs.  Muta hits a tornado DDT for a near fall.  Muta lands a kick to the back of the head for another near fall.  Muta is working the neck of Martel and gets several more near falls.  Martel battles back and lands a back suplex.  Both men start to trade blows, and Muta charges, but Martel moves and Muta crashes into the corner.  Martel lands a dropkick off the top rope for a near fall.  Martel goes for the Boston Crab, but Muta manages to turn it into a cradle for a near fall.    Martel tries a cradle suplex but Muta kicks out at 2.  Martel suplexes Muta in the middle of the ring, and then comes off the middle rope with a legdrop.  Martel locks in the Boston Crab in the middle of the ring, and Muta is screaming in pain.  Sherri jumps up on the apron, and the ref is telling her to get down.  Martel lets go of the hold and goes over to Sherri.  She slaps him, and he then grabs her wrist.  The ref tells him “No” and Sherri tries to drop to the floor.  Martel lets go, and turns around into a facefull of green mist.  The ref immediately calls for the bell, while Muta hits the Shining Wizard on Muta.  He then lands the Moonsault, but the ref is telling the announcer he has disqualified Muta.  Sherri begins to argue with the ref, as Muta goes for another Moonsault, but Martel gets his knees up.  Martel jumps to his feet and batters Muta with punches.  Sherri jumps on his back, but Martel flips her right over in front of him.  Martel is seething, and Muta grabs Sherri’s hand and rolls her under the ropes, as they retreat from the ring.  Martel has green mist all over his face as the ref raises his arm.  Bischoff says this is a big win for Martel, but Race says that this was not a decisive win, and Martel and Muta may be destined to face each other again.

Winner:  Rick Martel by DQ

In the back Craig DeGoerge is outside the office of Mario Milano.  Milano comes out the door, and announces that he has reviewed the doctor’s letter and the X-Ray’s.  He notes that he was uncertain as to the validity of the letter, and so he called the doctor, who confirmed the story over the phone.  He says he has no choice but to allow a replacement for Cowboy Bob Orton tonight.  Harley Race starts to chuckle, and Bischoff asks why.  Race says that it is nothing, but everyone will find out later tonight.

Kokina w/Paul E. Dangerously vs Nikita Koloff in a Russian chain match

Koloff tries to use power early to draw Kokina coser, but Kokina does not budge.  Koloff charges several times, but Kokina drops Koloff with shoulderblocks.  Kokinia is slamming and striking Koloff, who is struggling to stay in the match.  Kokina then starts using the chain to drag Koloff towards him to allow him to kick and hit Koloff.  Kokina whips Koloff to the corner and charges, but Koloff moves.  Koloff then wraps the chain around his hand and punches Kokina several times, rocking the big man.  He then uses the chain to choke Kokina, and as he gets up, Koloff uses the chain as a clothesline.  Koloff tries to touch the corners, but Kokina uses his size to stop Koloff, dragging him back into a thrust kick.  Kokina wraps the chain on his elbow and drops it in Koloff.   Kokina goes to the corners and tags 3, but Koloff charges him at the third corner, and lays a series of punches.  He climbs the turnbuckle and its 10 punches with the chain on his fist, and Kokina is busted open.  Koloff tags 2 corners, but Kokina stops him, and lands a belly to belly suplex, and a leg drop.  Kokina drags Koloff to the corner and hist the Banzai splash.  Race says the match is over, and Dangerously is celebrating on the floor.  Kokina tags the first corner, and makes his way to the second, but Koloff also tags the corner just before it is out of reach.  Kokina gets the second, and turns for the third.  As Koloff is dragged past the corner, he also tags it.  Kokina tags the third and makes his way to the last one.  Koloff manages to slow the progress as he gets the tag on the third corner.  Koloff is using all his power to stop Kokina moving any further.  Both men start to tug on the chain, and Kokina manages to pull the chain hard enough the forces Koloff towards him.  Kokina tries a clothesline, but Koloff ducks and is near the corner.  Kokina turns and charges Koloff and splashes him into the corner, and the ref calls for the bell.  Dangerously is jumping for joy, but the ref raises Koloff’s hand.  It is announced that in the process of charging the corner, Kokina forced Koloff to touch the corner first.  Dangerously and Kokina argue with the ref as Koloff struggles to his feet.  Kokina grabs the ref, but Koloff wraps the chain on his arm, and then lands a Russian Sickle on Kokina, who goes down.  Race says that Koloff was lucky there. Bischoff says that both Kokina and Dangerously had not been paying attention to Koloff as he was tagging corners, and their arrogance cost them.

Winner:  Nikita Koloff

Craig De George is with Ted DiBiase, Orton, Funk and Hercules.  DiBiase says that common sense has prevailed, and President Milano has agreed to allow Cowboy Bob to be replaced, as he should.  DiBiase says that the mighty Hercules will now be competing in the main event.  DiBiase states “I have said it before, and I’ll say it again… Every Man has his price”.  He laughs and then Craig asks who had a price.  DiBiase just smiles and they all leave.

The British Bulldogs vs The Powers of Pain w/Paul Ellering for the AWA World Tag Team Titles

Davey Boy starts against Warlord and tries to match power, but Warlord is too strong.   Davey Boy then hits several drop kicks which stagger Warlord. He tags in Barbarian who charges and Davey Boy hits a press slam.  Dynamite comes in and uses hit and run tactics.  Dynamite jumps off the top turnbuckle at Warlord, who catches him, and drives him into his own corner.  Warlord and Barbarian work over Dynamite for several minutes.  They get several near falls, but Dynamite keeps kicking out.  Barbarian and Dynamite start trading chops.  Barbarian sends Dynamite to the ropes and goes for a clothesline, but Dynamite ducks and then hits a running clothesline of his own.  Davey Boy gets the hot tag, and he takes on both Powers on his own.  A four way brawl breaks out, and Davey and Dynamite clothesline Warlord out of the ring.  Davey hits the powerslam on Barbarian, and goes for the pin, but Warlord drags him out of the ring.  They begin brawling on the outside, and Barbarian and Dynamite join in.  The brawl won’t stop, and ref keeps counting.  Both teams start to use chairs and the ring railing, and the ref calls for the bell.  Referees and agents rush out to separate the teams.  Ellering instructs Warlord and Barbarian to the back as officials try to restore order.

Result:  Double Countout

Craig De George is with The Von Erich’s and Jake “The Snake” Roberts.  Kerry and Kevin say that it makes no difference if it is Bob Orton, Hercules or the Abominable Snowman, because money can’t but them, and they will prove that blood is thicker than water, or money. Jake says he always suspected DiBiase had a plan, but it makes no difference.  Jake says that the time has come when the rubber hits the road, when real men stand up, and cowards run for cover.  Jake says that when they are in the ring tonight, he hopes that DiBiase looks deep in his eye and sees the cold venom running through his veins.  Tonight money means nothing… this match is about the heart of a man”.

Jake “The Snake” Roberts & The Von Erichs vs Ted DiBiase, Terry Funk & Hercules w/Cowboy Bob Orton.

The Corporation attack before the bell sounds, but the Von Erich’s and Jake fight back and clear the ring.  Funk starts against Jake, and they evenly fight.  Jake grabs the arm, and tags in Kevin who continues the attack.  Funk manages to tag in Hercules, and he overpowers Kevin and slams him into his own corner.  Kerry tags in and goes toe-to-toe with Hercules, and lands a discuss punch.  Herc backs into the corner and tags in DiBiase.  DiBiase points to Jake, and Kerry tags out, and Ted attacks as Jake gets in the ring.  Jake and Ted battle it out for several minutes, and Jake tries for the DDT, but DiBiase quickly bails from the ring.  Funk comes back in, and Jake locks him in a facelock and tags in Kerry.  Kerry goes to the ropes, but is tripped by Orton.  The Corporation work over Kerry in the corner, and Orton gets several shots in as well.  Bischoff questions if Orton is really hurt, and Race says “of course he is, you saw there was a doctor’s note”.  Funk drops Kerry with a piledriver for a near fall, which was broken up by Kevin.  DiBiase comes in and clamps on the Million Dollar Dream.  Kevin tries to come in the ring, and this brings Funk and Hercules in.  The ref tries to get everyone out, and this allows Jake to breaks up the hold with a clothesline to the back of the head.  Kerry gets the tag to Jake and he comes in on fire.  Jake slams and backdrops the entire corporation.  Kerry and Kevin are in as well.  Jake goes to whip DiBiase, who reverses the move and the ref gets nailed and goes down.  DiBiase charges and Jake moves, causing DiBiase to hit the corner.  Jake then lands the DDT in the middle of the ring.  Kerry and Kevin are brawling with Hercules and Funk, and Jake makes the cover, but sees the ref is out.  Orton comes off the top rope, but Jake catches him with a punch to the stomach and then backdrops him out of the ring.  As Jake checks on the ref, CACTUS JACK comes out from under the ring, and attacks Jake.  He beats on Jake, and sends him to the floor.  He slams Jake on the outside, and then goes to the apron, and hits a running elbow off the apron onto the floor.  He stands up and says “Bang Bang” as he then leaves through the crowd.  Funk rams Kevin into the ring steps and Hercules gets a chair and drops Kerry.  Orton then gets up, and takes his cast off his arm and gives it to DiBiase, who drops Kevin with it, and then throws the cast outside the ring.  DiBiase then makes an easy cover on Kevin as the ref wakes and makes a slow 3 count.  DiBiase, Orton, Hercules and Funk celebrate.  Bischoff says that Orton was never really hurt, and Race says “There was a doctor’s note”.  Bischoff then asks why Cactus Jack attacked Jake, and questions if Cactus is a member of the corporation.  Race says that neither Ted DiBiase, nor any member of the corporation has ever met Cactus Jack before.  Bischoff says after what happened with Orton tonight, he does not know if he can believe it.  Bischoff says he is certain that these questions will be answered on the next All-Star Wrestling.

Winners:  Ted DIBiase, Terry Funk & Hercules.

The big show is here!

Great way to open the show with a fast paced and energetic match, with Bam Bam rightly going over.

Well I have to say I am surprised Bad Company still seems to be hanging on together by a thread, I figured this would be the big breakup.  Especially after they lost.  Pillman needs to do something soon or I am going to have to agree with Harley Race that he is spineless.  He is sure taking a lot of crap from Bruce Hart.

Dr. I.N. Pain.  Only in the 80's, but I love it.  And Cowboy Bob with a cast ... I sense a thing happening here!

Typical announcer bias, Bischoff complaining about the SST using a foreign object to win but ignoring the Bees and their antics with the masks.  I loved having the Killer Bees in a former promotion I wrote, the mask gimmick was always fun to write.  Again, I think the right team went over here, but I always feel the Killer Bees get short shrift a lot for such a good team.

Great Muta and Rick Martel suprised me a bit in the sense that while Muta made a few stands and got his time on top, Martel was relatively dominant in the match.  The ending bears this out as Muta uses his green mist right in front of the referee to get out of the match, and then goes on the attack, of course.  But Martel looks good in the end as Sherri and Muta are sent into retreat.  This was an excellent showing for Rick Martel, clearly there will be another match at some point, but if he is being groomed for a title shot, this is the way to do it against a reputable opponent.

And the drama continues to unfold.  I wonder who will be Orton's replacement.

The ol' Savio Vega buckle tapping trick from his chain match with Steve Austin, I love it!  Good use of it here.  Nikita Koloff really had to show his moxie in this one as he seemed overwhelmed at first.  He seems to tap in to his extra strength when he needs it the most, though.  Has to be a frustrating moment for Kokina and Dangerously to lose this one.  I really liked the spot with Kokina wrapping the chain around his elbow and dropping it on Koloff, too.

I am a little disappointed we didn't get a clean finish with the POP/Bulldogs, but it was an intense match and there is obviously more to come with this feud.

What a main event, very busy with so much going on!  But the highlight is the intruder from Truth or Consequences, NM!  Cactus appears out of nowhere, causes havoc as only he can, and vanishes into the night.  But the question remains, is he with the corporation or acting on his own?  I honestly don't have any idea, considering his character.  Great way to find a way to get the Corporation the win while keeping Roberts strong.  The Von Erichs are the perfect foil in this situation, as well.

Great and fun show, a few predictable ends and a few surprises along the way, as all good shows will have.  I might have structured the match order a little different, as I felt Koloff/Kokina following Martel/Muta was a lot of intensity with two matches in a row and could tire a crowd out a little.  But I am admittedly nitpicking.  Great show!  Looking forward to the fallout at All-Star!

All-Star Wrestling #13

Eric Bischoff and Harley Race welcome us to another week of All-Star Wrestling.  Race says that spirits are high in the Corporation after their sensational victory at Outback Mayhem.  Bischoff says that there are still question marks over that match, including Bob Orton being allowed to be replaced.  Race says he was injured, and Bischoff notes that he guesses we will see how serious the injury is later tonight because Orton is scheduled for action. 

Samoan SWAT Team w/Paul E. Dangerously beat Young Stallions when Fatu pinned Powers after a top rope splash.  Race stated that the SWAT Team have been on a roll recently and should be in line for a title shot sometime soon.  Bischoff suggests that the Samoans may have a better chance of getting a title shot if they dumped Paul E as their manager, as Paul E has no championship success here in the AWA.  Race challenged Bischoff stating that the company only moved to Australia 3 months ago, and it is a bit early to be writing off Paul E yet.

Craig DeGeorge is backstage with Rick Martel.  DeGeorge notes that Martel won his match at Outback Mayhem by DQ, and must be considering seeking a title shot against Ted DiBiase.  Martel said that at Outback Mayhem he was taken to his limit, and he had the Great Muta beaten in the middle of the ring when that ugly witch, Sherri, got involved in the action, and then Muta used his green mist to incapacitate me.  “It may have been my hand being raised, but that is not how I like to win matches”.  Martel says that he is at a crossroads, as while he wants a shot at the World Title, he also has unfinished business with the Great Muta. He says he is not sure which path he will take, but rest assured that whichever one it is, he will emerge victorious.

Cactus Jack beat SD Jones by count-out after Cactus slammed Jones outside the ring, and then dropped an elbow from the ring apron on the prone Jones.  Bischoff said that Cactus is crazy, and seems to have no fear.  Race said that Cactus has already put the entire AWA on notice after his appearance at Outback Mayhem and what he did to Jake The Snake Roberts, and any man that targets Jake Roberts has to “have no fear”.

Mike Gibson is in the Event Centre.  He runs down the results of Outback Mayhem, but notes that one match had no clear cut winner.  He said that the British Bulldogs and The Powers of Pain were both counted out of the ring, and so there was no winner.  He noted that immediately after the event both teams have already signed for a rematch, to be held at the AWA’s next big event, International Incident, and tis time it will be inside a steel cage.  The Bulldogs are interviewed and they say that at Outback Mayhem they let their emotions get the better of them, but at International Incident they intend to prove why they are the Tag Team Champs, and the Powers of Pain have nowhere to run.  We then hear from Paul Ellering who says that at Outback Mayhen the Bulldogs were running scared, but in a cage match there is nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide from the strength of the powers of Pain.  Gibson then recounts the main event, noting that The Corporation seemed to find a way to substitute Hercules for Bob Orton, but more shocking was the attack on Jake “The Snake” Roberts by Cactus Jack.  Gibson notes that Roberts suffered bruised ribs and has been ordered to rest for a week, but is certain that he will be looking for revenge on Cactus Jack very soon.

Ron Garvin beat Steve Lombardi by pinfall after the Hands of Stone Punch.  Bischoff said that Garvin is still one of the toughest men in the world.  Race said that toughness does not win matches, and Garvin needs some high profile wins if he ever wants to see a title shot.

We go up to the Queen’s Court, and Sensational Sherri introduces her guests as two men who seem to have a lot of personal problems at the moment, likely because the young rookie is not listening to the veteran of the team.  She welcomes BAD COMPANY to the set.  Bruce Hart enters first, and stand directly next to Sherri.  Brian Pillman is forced to stand to the side.    Sherri asks Bruce Hart about the difficulties the team is facing, and whether this is because the young Pillman is not a good listener.  Hart says that he and his family have had a lot to do with Pillman’s career, as they trained him in the dungeon.  He says that everything Pillman has achieved so far is because of him and his family.   He says that if Pillman continues to listen to his advice, there is nothing he won’t be able to achieve.  Pillman leans in to talk, but Sherri cuts him off asking Bruce whether Bad Company can move forward as a team.  Hart says that he is certain that they can win the Tag Team Titles, and he is negotiating their next contract to hopefully put them in line for a title shot, if someone (and he points to Pillman) doesn’t blow it for us.  Pillman again goes to talk but Hart puts his arm in the way and Sherri asks if Hart where Pillman ranks as a teammate.  Hart says that he has had a lot of great partners, with his brothers at the top of the list.  He says that Pillman has a lot to learn, but one day he may be good enough to be considered a good partner.  Sherri thanks them for their time, and wishes them the best.  Hart begins to leave, but Pillman grabs the mic and says that he should not be overlooked, because he is ready for anything the AWA has to offer.  He says that he is going to prove to the world how good he is…. But Hart then drags him away from the mic, and starts to yell ay him not to do that again, and that they agreed for Bruce to be the team’s spokesman.  Bishcoff says that Hart is overbearing, and that he may drive Pillman away from the team.  Race says that every team needs a veteran leader, and that Bruce Hart is that for Bad Company.

Cowboy Bob Orton beat Barry Horowitz after a superplex.  Bischoff noted that Orton did not have the cast that we saw at Outback Mayhem.  Race claimed that Orton had been to see a specialist who had put him through a vigorous rehabilitation that resulted in a full healing of the broken arm.  Bischoff said that sounds very hard to believe, and questions if the arm was ever truly injured.  Race said “are you questioning the integrity of the Million Dollar Man and Bob Orton?”, to which Bischoff responded “Yes”.

After the match, Ted DiBiase, Hercules and Terry Funk enter the ring to join Orton, along with Harley Race.  Craig DeGeorge asks about Bob Orton’s broken arm at Outback Mayhem, and queries how it can have healed so quickly.  DiBiase says that with his money he sought out the world’s leading expert in broken bones, Dr Ena Cast, and she has done miracles in just a few days.  DeGeorge says that it appears that DiBiase spread more money than that around last night when he received the assistance of Cactus Jack to eliminate Jake The Snake.  DiBiase says that Cactus Jack is not a member of the corporation, and he has never paid him a cent.  DiBiase notes that when you are as hated as Jake The Snake, men just want to get their hands on you without receiving any financial incentive.  At this point Mario Milano comes to the ring.  Milano says that at Outback Mayhem DiBiase may have pulled the wool over his eyes, but the games stop now.  Milano says that he is putting in stricter controls regarding match contracts, and says there will be no further substitutions in any of The Corporation’s matches.  He says that he is going to ensure fairness reigns, and that is why next week, here on All-Star Wrestling, as Bob Orton’s arm is clearly healed, Bob Orton and Terry Funk will be wrestling Kerry and Kevin Von Erich, and Ted DiBiase and Hercules are banned from ringside.  DiBiase is furious at that statement.  Hercules gets in Milano’s face and threatens him.  Milano says that he will not be spoken to that way, and if Hercules wants some action, he can have some action as well:  he then announces that the week after Hercules will meet another man with unlimited strength:  Nikita Koloff.  DiBiase is livid now, and demands that Milano pay them more respect.  Milano then says that he is drafting a contract right now which says that Ted DiBiase will be defending the World Title at AWA International Incident, but he is reserving the right to mae the challenger at  later date. 

The Corporation are clearly unhappy, but so is Harley Race, who storms into the ring.  He grabs a mic and says that Mario Milano is letting this power go to his head.  He says that for months now he has been revelling in his position of power, which is something he was never able to do when he was an active in-ring competitor.  Mario looks at Race and says that the only reason Harley Race was world Champion for as long as he was is due to 2 reasons-  1:  You rarely came to Australia to defend that title against me, and 2:  I love this country so much I didn’t want to travel to America to chase you down for a championship match.  Race says that on his worst day he was still a greater wrestler than Milano ever was, but Milano should be thankful he is an analyst now.  Milao says that if Race wants to lace the boots up one more time, he would be more than happy to shove those words down his throat.  Race laughs at Milano, and then the entire Corporation attack Milano in the ring.  They lay a beating on him until referees and officials rush to the ring to end the attacks.  DiBiase leads Orton, Funk and Hercules to the back as Race resumes his seat at ringside.  Bischoff says that what just happened was a disgrace, and Race says that Milano’s big mouth got him into trouble, and then tells Bischoff not to let his big mouth get him into trouble.

Kerry & Kevin Von Erich beat Jose Estrada & Jose Luis Rivera when Kerry forced Estrada to submit to the Iron Claw.  Bischoff stated that Kerry and Kevin have set their sights on tag team glory while they are both here in Australia.  Race suggested they both return to America as they don’t have what it takes to compete with the best in the world, and that next week Orton and Funk may just convince them of that.

Lots of big time things happening here in Australia and namely the big show. I like the winners and losers here. I think it makes sense for things moving forward. I personally like the Nikita/Kokina finish. The main event definitely didn't disappoint and I like the movement of the Von Erichs. I am a firm believer in battles vs wars... too many feuds are one time wars but this is a battle of what will be many leading to a huge showdown that will tell the tale of the Von Erichs and Jake Roberts in the land down under.

All-Star Wrestling Episode 14

Eric Bischoff and Harley Race welcome us to All-Star Wrestling, but immediately Bischoff condemns the attack by the Corporation and Race on President Mario Milano last week.  Race says that Milano has a vendetta against the Corporation, and it will not be tolerated.  Race says that Milano has let the power go to his head, and he disrespected the World Champ, and more importantly Milano disrespected him, and “I will not be disrespected”.  Race says that Milano can do whatever he wants, but Race will not be bullied.  Bischoff says it looks like the bullying went the other way, and Race says that Bischoff had better watch himself of he may find himself getting bullied before the end of the night.

Jeff Jarrett beat Tiger Chung Lee with a cross body off the top rope.  Bischoff notes that Jarrett is continuing to impress, but Race says he has yet to truly distinguish himself against top competition, and he wants to see what happens when Jarrett meets someone in title contention.

Craig De George is backstage with Nikita Koloff, and congratulates him on his win at Outback Mayhem.  Koloff says that he is still undefeated in Russian Chain Matches, and proved that even the biggest and baddest can be defeated.  Koloff then issues a challenge to World Champion Ted DiBaise, saying he has earned a shot at the title.  Koloff says that he is petitioning President Mario Milano to grant him a title match so that he can prove that just because someone has a lot of money does not make them worthy of the moniker of Champion.

The Killer Bees beat Steve Lombardi & DJ Peterson when Jim Brunzell pinned Lombardi after a dropkick.  Bischoff notes that the Bees are one of the most athletic teams in the company, but Race notes that their athleticism comes because they run from their opponents. 

Mike Gibson is in the Event Centre, and he recaps the events of last week between the Corporation and President Mario Milano.  He says that next week on All-Star Wrestling we will be hearing from President Milano in regards to these events.  He then talks about Bad Company and the trouble they have been having in the ring.  He says that Bruce Hart and Brian Pillman are hoping to sort things out quickly, and this is apparently why Hart has signed for Bad Company to face the Killer Bees at International Incident.  We then hear from Bruce Hart and Brian Pillman (well Hart at least).  Hart says that he and Pillman have resolved their troubles, and know the direction they need to go.  He says that they respect the Killer Bees, but need to get a victory over them to catapult them into contention for the tag team titles.  We then hear from the Bees who say that Pillman needs to be careful of Bruce Hart, but they will be wary of both of them.  The Bees says that they will put the sting into Bad Company, and then look for a shot at the titles.

Kokina w/Paul E. Dangerously pinned Brian Adams after a Banzai Drop in just over a minute.  Paul E looked into the camera after the match, claiming Kokina was still undefeated.  Bischoff notes that this isn’t true because Kokina lost to Nikita Koloff in the Russian Chain Match at Outback Mayhem.  Race says that does not count because firstly, it was a chain match, and second it was clear to himself, and everyone watching, that Kokina touched the turnbuckle first.  Bischoff says that Race may need glasses because the replay was very clear who won.  Race tells Bischoff to shut up as it is time to hear from the World Champion.

We go up to the Queen’s Court and she introduces her guest:  a man who is smart, intelligent, good looking, graceful and affluent.  She then calls out AWA World Champion, Ted DiBiase.   Sherri congratulates DiBiase for his ongoing success, and Ted says that his money has afforded him many luxuries in life, including the best training and support to remain the World Champion.  Sherri asks his feelings on President Milano and his refusal to announce the #1 contender.  DiBiase says that Milano is a coward, and a power-hungry man who is trying to live vicariously through others, as he was never able to win a world championship.  He says that his lawyers are already looking into Milano’s decisions from last week, and he is also starting a petition to have Milano removed as President.  Sherri says she will gladly sign the petition.  DiBiase says that Sherri is sweet, and a lady of substance, which is more than he can say for Milano or most other people in the AWA who are trying to tear him and his corporation down.  He promises that tonight Bob Orton and Terry Funk will beat the Von Erichs.  Sherri asks about the restriction placed on him and Hercules, barring them from ringside.  DiBiase laughs and says that there is always a plan at work.

Great Muta w/Senasational Sherri beat Jim Powers following the moonsault.  After the match Muta started to kick Powers when Rick Martel rushed to the ring and attacked Muta.  Race says this is a disgrace, and calls for Martel to be suspended.  Bischoff says that Muta was beating on Powers and Martel was saving him.  Muta tries to blow the mist in Martel’s eyes, but Martel ducks, and then lands a dropkick that sends Muta to the outside.  Muta goes to get back in the ring, but Sherri grabs his arm and convinces him to return to the back.  Bischoff suggests that this war is far from over, and Race says that Martel had better watch him back because Muta will be on the warpath now.

Craig DeGeorge is with Jake “the Snake” Roberts.  Craig asks how Jake’s ribs are, and Jake says that he has several bruised ribs, but none are broken.  He says that goes for his spirit as well, because that can never be broken.  Jake then says that when you run into a snake, you don’t back them into a corner or threaten them, because after the initial recoil, they always strike.  He says that Cactus Jack has woken the serpant within, and that the time will come soon when he will strike.  “And rest assured when I strike the impact will be swift”.  Jake says that Cactus Jack wants to make a mark in the AWA, but you failed to cut the head off the snake, and this snake will strike you down swiftly..

Kerry & Kevin Von Erich vs Bob Orton & Terry Funk.

Bischoff reminds everyone that Hercules and Ted DiBiase are banned from ringside.  Race says this is all part of the conspiracy.  A very even match, with the Von Erich’s getting an early advantage, however Kevin goes to the ropes and Orton knees him in the back to take control.  Funk and Orton work well as a team on Kevin, and get several near falls.  Funk goes for the piledriver, but Kevin turns it into a backdrop and gets the hot-tag to Kerry.  Kerry levels both Orton and Funk, and a 4-way brawl breaks out.  Kerry drops Orton with the tornado punch, and then its one on Funk, who collides with the ref following the impact.  Kerry then clamps the claw on Orton.  At this point, Harley Race gets up from ringside and reaches into his pocket and passes brass knuckles to Terry Funk, who levels both Kerry and Kevin with them.  Orton makes the cover as the ref gets up, sees the pin and counts to three.  Bischoff cannot believe what has happened, and says that the AWA needs an instant replay.  Funk and Orton celebrate with Race on the outside as Bischoff says he is certain President Milano will be looking at this result very closely.

Winners:  Bob Orton & Terry Funk.

Bischoff reminds everyone that next week the main event will be Nikita Koloff vs Hercules, and that after the events of tonight he expects that there may be some more restrictions imposed on the Corporation, and encourages everyone to tune in next week to find out what happens.

I'm going to do the same as I did for WCW and do my usual stream of consciousness commentary for both shows here, starting with #13 ...

Sounds like SST is being positioned to be on the move up the card.  I wonder who they will be feuding with.

Does Martel chase championship gold or try to finish up his business with Muta first?  That is a catch-22 for sure.  I am kind of hoping he goes for the gold but we'll see.

So far, I like the booking of Cactus Jack.  Definitely unpredictable and dangerous.  He and Jake should shape up to be a fascinating feud.

I know I said I wished we had a clean finish with Bulldogs and POP,  but with a little more thought to it, I like seeing this feud continue.  I think more feuds should get multiple PPV matches to work themselves out.

Interesting comments from the announce team on Ronnie Garvin.  I tend to agree with Harley on this one, seems Garvin is kind of spinning his wheels at the moment.  Wins over Steve Lombardi types are solid, but to move up the card he is going to need a higher profile opponent.

Man alive I have no idea how Pillman is handling this.  I would have told Bruce Hart to hit the bricks eons ago.  Pillman is going to lose his shit one of these days, and I can't wait for it.

I'm with Bischoff this time, Orton and that cast seem a trifle suspicious.  I will say this, I am not familiar at all with Mario Milano, being from the states, but I love how you portray him here.  He has had enough of DiBiase's shit and is taking it to the corporation with these matches.  I love Herc vs. Nikita, what a fun big hoss match that is going to be.  But inevitably, the numbers and evilness of the corporation take their toll and Milano gets taken out.  I am curious if the talk with Harley Race is going anywhere or if it was just talk.

I like that you have the Conquistadors wrestling as their real names.  It would be fun to see them don the golden suits at some point.

On to episode #14 ...

I will say Harley Race is a delusional heel announcer (as most are) to call Milano the bully when the corporation and Race all went in on him last time out.

Jeff Jarrett is an interesting addition to this roster, be curious to see how he makes his way up the ranks.

Nikita Koloff is setting his sights high ... to the very top.  I like it.  On paper, he can handle DiBiase, but actually executing a win could be a lot tougher than people think against a crafty veteran like Ted DiBiase.  Plus, don't overlook Herc!

I have always been a fan of the Killer Bees.  I hope they get a solid push in the future in Australia.  I really like this Bees vs. Bad Company match coming up.  I feel like Bruce Hart is going to ruin it lol.

Part of me is sad that Brian Adams is relegated to being a jobber here in Australia.  I always thought he was a solid talent.  That being said, Kokina is upset and obviously on the warparth.  I shudder to think of those who get in his way.

Well, it looks like Martel has decided to find closure with Muta before he pursues championship gold.  While I was hoping he would go for gold, I can't get enough Muta/Martel.  If this thing goes 2-3 more PPV quality shows, I won't be complaining.

Man, the promos alone between Jake and Cactus are going to be worth their weight in gold.  This is my instant favorite feud you have brewing right now.  Match-wise, Martel/Muta still has my heart, but Cactus and Jake might steal my soul as an overall feud.

I have to say I like that Harley Race does not even hide his biases in Australia.  He is straight up for the heels and doesn't hide it at all.  Although sometimes I wonder if he is a little too active as an announcer in regards to getting in the ring and getting involved.  I almost feel like he would be better as a manager or some sort of spokesperson for them rather than an announcer who frequently leaves the announce position to get involved.  Looking forward to the next show!