Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite Saturday Night Live - August 22, 2020

MoS

I feel like having Eddie Kingston in a stable does him a disservice. I didn't like it in TNA or ROH. He should be a loner going after Moxley after the MJF feud. Also Fenix should be a babyface.

That final angle was the first time since joining AEW that Brodie Lee looked like a star. Props to Cody for taking that type of beating. Dark Order looked like credible threats instead of the tall guy, fat guy and goofs. Great stuff.

Every single wrestler that is in AEW that was previously in Lucha Underground, was better in Lucha Underground than they are in AEW. Fenix definitely falls into that category for me. So does Pentagon, Jr. to a ridiculous degree. Jack Evans, Angelico, arguably even Brian Cage whom AEW has probably done the best with... and even that hasn't been great.

I don't know what exactly is missing from AEW but it just feels... off to me. I can't buy into it. I don't know why. LU was WAY over the top, to the point of being ridiculous, but I loved it. I never missed it. I don't know if it's the pandemic, or the people in charge or what, but AEW to me doesn't feel like it matters if you watch the show or not. There's nothing drawing me in as a viewer that makes it must-see TV. 

3 hours ago, Coffey said:

Every single wrestler that is in AEW that was previously in Lucha Underground, was better in Lucha Underground than they are in AEW. Fenix definitely falls into that category for me. So does Pentagon, Jr. to a ridiculous degree. Jack Evans, Angelico, arguably even Brian Cage whom AEW has probably done the best with... and even that hasn't been great.

I don't know what exactly is missing from AEW but it just feels... off to me. I can't buy into it. I don't know why. LU was WAY over the top, to the point of being ridiculous, but I loved it. I never missed it. I don't know if it's the pandemic, or the people in charge or what, but AEW to me doesn't feel like it matters if you watch the show or not. There's nothing drawing me in as a viewer that makes it must-see TV. 

I am obviously in the completely opposite boat from you as far as enjoying AEW in general goes, but I agree about AEW not utilising LU alumni as well as LU used to book them. Pentagon for instance has been reduced to a clone of his brother, and both him and Fenix no work as Young Bucks clones, both of which is really stupid. 

10 hours ago, MoS said:

I am obviously in the completely opposite boat from you as far as enjoying AEW in general goes, but I agree about AEW not utilising LU alumni as well as LU used to book them. Pentagon for instance has been reduced to a clone of his brother, and both him and Fenix no work as Young Bucks clones, both of which is really stupid. 

I don't think that's AEW's fault, though - they were working that way for years before, really since they started tagging regularly in the US. Their work in MLW and Impact as a tag team is the same. They could probably get more out of them as singles. The Bucks feud was really good and had enough juice for two PPV matches (that they had to build without TV). But they've been directionless for so long that it's almost hard to remember that Penta vs Omega was a dream match at All In.