Pro Wrestling Only

[1986-08-16-NWA-Worldwide] Magnum TA vs Nikita Koloff

Superstar Sleeze

NWA US Heavyweight Champion Magnum TA vs Nikita Koloff - NWA Worldwide 8/16/86 Match #6

This match was light years better than #4, in large part because Magnum really picked up the slack and was a more active babyface. I liked the shine especially the part where Nikita was looking Sickle only for Mags to nail the dropkick. Magnum worked the arm really well, against a better opponent I really could see that going somewhere. We go to a break and we dont see how Nikita got control, which is a bummer. Nikita charges the buckles with his bad shoulder, but regains control. Nikita was working a lot with chinlocks and front facelocks, but I thought Magnum's selling and constant work from underneath made this a much more spirited contest. I liked the suplex hope spots. The finish was solid. Magnum has a really great punch. I would have liked to see what he could do in Mempho with Lawler or Dundee. Krusher messes with the match. Mags yells at him Nikita crashes into him with a knee but also bumps the ref. SICKLE~! Magnum is outside the ropes but new ref doesnt see that. Old ref waives it off, in all the commotion Belly 2 Belly Suplex to send this to a decisive Match 7! Dont let Match #4 sour you on the series, this is quite good.***3/4 

• paul sosnowski changed the title to [1986-08-16-NWA-Worldwide] Magnum TA vs Nikita Koloff