Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Dynamite - December 23, 2020

MoS

4 minutes ago, rovert said:

Or he's a problem drinker and has aged greatly over the last year. On his recent appearance on a Shot of Brandi on Youtube, Chris said his wife recently banned him from drinking Vodka straight (his signature drink "Yeah Boy!" - Grey Goose on the rocks).

I mean, isn't being a problem drinker an on-point trait for an ageing rock star gimmick. He's truly living the gimmick lol

On 12/24/2020 at 1:13 AM, MoS said:

That said though, the main event was really good. When the Bucks are not booking their programs and are left to simply structure their matches, they are excellent. Therefore, like most top acts in wrestling history, they should not be allowed to have "creative control" over their storylines and should only be asked to wrestle. They are brilliant at wrestling and structuring, and terrible at booking and long-term storytelling. 

Wait, what? They were basically booking their own angles in ROH and New Japan the last two years and got themselves so hot they were able to start their own promotion.

On 12/24/2020 at 2:43 PM, rovert said:

They are really confident on the mic for being 19 and 21 & not going through WWE developmental, running their mouth in front of (pre-COVID) live crowds 2-3 times a week for several years like MJF or Starks or anything like that. 

Weirdly, I think they also did something a little old school - they worked under masks and got experience, which made them fresh later on. Like, I found Air Wolf pretty generic in MLW, but if they hadn't mentioned one of them used that gimmick, I'd have no idea.