Pro Wrestling Only

Andy Kaufman

Grimmas

Elliot said:

"If I were just making a list of most talented people to ever try pro-wrestling, Kaufman is at or near the top. We've been doing the Greatest Match Ever project for the last couple of years and my last top 100 had 4 Andy Kaufman matches on it.  He had a complete understanding of psychology before he ever worked a match. People have talked about considering interviews, angles and things other than just the bell to bell in ring action, then Kaufman merits not just a nomination but serious consideration. Some of the greatest promo's ever. The Letterman Angle has to be on the short list of greatest angles ever. Literally every second he was on screen during a wrestling show was complete magic. Only had a few matches but they are genius examples of what makes pro wrestling great. The match against Jimmy Hart is basically the Volk Han vs Kiyoshi Tamura version of two chickenshit non-athlete cowards with big mouths who don't want to fight but accidentally talked themselves into a situation where they have to fight. It is better than every Brock Lesnar match ever. Took like 3 bumps ever and they're some of the greatest and most memorable bumps ever. Kaufman was a literal genius wrestler. The only thing holding him from absolutely garnering a spot on my list is the brevity of his run. But it is so great I might just put him at 100. "

• 2 weeks later...