Pro Wrestling Only

How much stock do you place in your memories as a fan?

BigBadMick

I'll use myself as an example. I've been a fan since 1991. I found pwo in 2013, finally signed in the following year. Followed GWE 2016 closely but ultimately didn't vote. I'd say I 'trust' my opinions on wrestling back to about 2012 (as in, anything I watched before that I'd be uncomfortable assuming I'd feel the same way about now without a rewatch).

Even at that I've watched (and rewatched) a good load since 2012. The idea of trying to squeeze my 2012-2026 viewing into a top 100 without recency bias playing a part is daunting....

I don't trust my memory, but I do trust my own little spreadsheet and the comments I put in there. Sometimes things move, but every once in a while I will watch something again on a whim or of a podcast or something and I will rate it without looking at what I said before and my rating is almost always exactly the same (or VERY close) and my comments are often very similar. In turn, I feel pretty good about it as a refresher when it comes to the massive amount of wrestling as data I'm trying to sort through for something like this or GME.