Pro Wrestling Only

WWF 1981

Autistic Dragon

WWF live event

May 16 1981

Civic Center, Springfield Massachusetts 

Handicap match Kamala w/"Captain" Lou Albano defeated two local talents by lay them both side-by-side and splashing them both.

"Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones defeats Johnny Rodz with the Brisco Rollup (corner sunset flip)

"Belfast Bruiser" David Finley defeats " The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with the Celtic Knot (Indian deathlock"

"Mr USA" Tony Atlas defeats Baron Mike Sicicluna with a Military Press Slam.

Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeats WWF Tag Team Champion Moondog Rex & "Captain" Lou Albano by dq when Rex hit Martel with his bone as Martel had Albano in the Boston crab.

Intercontinental Championship match 

Pedro Morales(c) defeats "The Nororious" Ox Baker w/The Grand Wizard by c.o when Ox couldn't answer referee Billy Caputo's ten count after missing a tackle and crashing into the guardrail.

WWF Heavyweight Championship match 

Bob Backlund(c) defeats Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie by referee stopage when Khan refused to submit to Backlund's Crossface Chickenwing ultimately passing out.

WWF Spot Shows

May 17 1981 @ Cape Cod Coluseam in South Yarmouth, Massachusetts 

The Bushwackers (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) defeat two local talents with a double gutbuster.

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard defeats "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with a "superkick" 

"Leaping" Lanny Poffo defeats Jake "The Snake" Roberts with a crucifix.

Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeated WWF Tag Team Champion Moondog Rex & "Captain" Lou Albano by c.o when Albano grew frustrated and led Rex away from the ring.

Bob Backlund(c) defeats Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie by dq when Khan refused to stop attacking Backlund while he was in the ropes

May 22 1981 @ Washington Avenue Amory in Albany NY 

"Terrific" Terry Taylor defeats Johnny Rodz with a fivearm (flying forearm smash)

"Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorf defeats Baron Mike Sicicluna with a piledriver 

"The Nororious" Ox Baker w/The Grand Wizard defeats S.D Jones with a heart punch 

WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund, Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeated Kamala & WWF Tag Team Champions The Moondogs (Rex & King) w/"Captain" Lou Albano when Martel pinned Rex with a slingshot splash. After the match a brawl broke out which ended with Backlund putting the crossface chickenwing on Albano!

WWF live event 

May 23 1986

The Spectrum, Philadelphia PA

"Philadelohia's favorite son" S.D Jones defeats "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with the Brisco Rollup 

Baron Mike Sicicluna defeats Curt Henning after using a roll of coins behind referee Dick Kroll's back.

"Mr USA" Tony Atlas defeats "The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz with a Military Press Slam.

"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd defeats "Leaping" Lanny Poffo by jabbing his taped thumb into Poffo's throat then hitting a big boot..

"The Magnificent" Don Muraco w/The Grand Wizard defeats "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorf by countering Orndorf's piledriver with a back body drop then applying the Asiatic Spike.

Sgt Slaughter w/The Grand Wizard and Pat Patterson wrestled to a double c.o

Two out of three falls

WWF Intercontinental champion Pedro Morales,Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeated WWF Tag Team Champions The Moondogs & Kamala w/"Captain" Lou Albano 2:1

Fall 1: Garea pins King with a sunsetflip 

Fall 2: Albano trips Martel coming off the ropes leading to a throat thrust by Kamala followed by a big splash.

Fall 3: Rex is disqualified after hitting Morales with a bone in front of referee Dick Worhrle.

No Hold Barred WWF Heavyweight Championship match. Special Guest Referee Gorilla Monsoon.

Bob Backlund defeats Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie with a chain assisted crossface chickenwing.

WWF All Star Wrestling 

Originally airing 5 24 1981

A montage of WWF action set to "Scheherazade" by Maynard Ferguson opens the show ending on a shot of WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund celebrating amongst jubilant fans. It cuts off at 20 seconds and we go to Vince McMahon & Gorilla Monsoon who run down the card before sending us down to our first match.

Commercial break 

Match 1

Hangman Harris defeats Corwin Norton with the Texas Trash Compacter (second rope leg drop)

Match 2

Lord Jonathan Boyd defeats Archie Baldwin with a neckbreaker.

Commercial break 

We return to Vince McMahon & "Classy" Freddie Blassie standing at ringside.

McMahon: Welcome back fans as you can see I'm being joined by none other than "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Mr Blassie i understand that you have been hard at work attempting to sign a new addition to your army.

Blassie: Army? McMahon the army is for illiterate peons like these pencil necked geeks in the audience. boos No McMahon what i have assembled is a elite group of athletes unmatched in the sport of professional wrestling. Each one in possession of not just the physical prowess to demolish whatever poor stooge gets into the ring with them but the mental acumen and the personal and professional dignity to associate with a man such as myself. As such my organization shall be referred to from here on ad Pure Class. But to get back to the original topic I have indeed been in negotiations with a world class athlete to aid my organization in our ultimate goal of resting the WWF Heavyweight Championship away from that freckle faced boyscout Bob Backlund. And by this time next week I'll have secured his services and will be ready to tell the whole world so until then remember peons, don't hate me because I'm better than you, hate me because there's nothing you can do about it. Hahaha. Blassie leaves the interview area.

Match 3

"Belfast Bruiser" David Finley defeats Leandre Gaspard with the Celtic Knot.

Commercial break 

Match 4

The British Bulldogs (Dynamite Kid & Davey Boy Smith) defeat The KGBeasts (Khariton Chaykovsky & Vitya Tchaikovsky) when Smith powerslamed Chaykovsky & Kid followed with a diving headbutt.

Match 5

"The Nororious" Ox Baker w/The Grand Wizard defeats David Summers with the Heart Punch then pinning him with one foot.

Final commercial break 

Main Event  

"The Incredible" Hulk Hogan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie defeats "Leaping" Lanny Poffo when Blassie trips Poffo coming off the ropes and he stumbles into a lariat by Hogan.

WWF live events 

May 25 1981, Rochester NY

George "The Animal" Steele w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie defeats a local talent with a flying hammerlock.

Curt Henning and Baron Mike Sicicluna wrestled to a 10 minute time limit.

"The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz defeats "Terrific" Terry Taylor by c.o after Rodz rammed Taylor's head into the ringpost.

Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie defeats "Chief" Jay Strongbow after a distraction from Blassie leads to Khan clamping on the Asain Spike.

"Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones,Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeat "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala & WWF Tag Team Champions The Moondogs (Rex & King) w/"Captain" Lou Albano by dq when Kamala wouldn't stop attacking Jones while he was in the ropes.

Pedro Morales(c) defeats "The Nororious" Ox Baker w/The Grand Wizard when Wizard accidentally hit Ox with the title belt as referee Dick Kroll was down.

May 27 1981Highland Park NJ

Hangman Harris defeats Mr X (Lanny Poffo in a mask) with the Texas Trash Compacter. 

"The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz and "Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones wrestled to a 10 minute time limit.

"Terrific" Terry Taylor & "Leaping" Lanny Poffo defeats "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty & Baron Mike Sicicluna when Taylor pinned Sicicluna with the Fivearm.

Pedro Morales defeats "Captain" Lou Albano with the Caribbean Cannonball (senton)

May 30 1981,Boston Garden,Boston Ms

"Terrific" Terry Taylor and "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty wrestled to a 15 minute time limit.

"Chief" Jay Strongbow defeats "The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz with a Tomahawk Chop.

"Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones defeats Baron Mike Sicicluna with the Brisco Rollup.

Special attraction 

Bruno Sammartino defeats Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie with a backbreaker.

Antonio Inoki defeats Jerry Brisco after raking the eyes then hitting a Enzuigiri.

WWF Tag Team Championship match 

Rick Martel &Tony Garea defeat The Moondogs (Rex & King)(c) w/"Captain" LouAlbano by dq when King hit Garea with one of the Moondogs bones.

WWF Intercontinental Championship match 

Pedro Morales(c) defeats Sgt Slaughter w/The Grand Wizard when Morales kicked off the ropes as Slaughter had him in the Cobra Clutch and referee Danny Davis counted Slaughter's shoulders down for 3. Slaughter & Wizard initially thought Morales tapped out and were furious when Howard Finkle announced the result. Slaughter tried to attack Morales but was knocked to the floor and Wizard called a retreat.

WWF All Star Wrestling 

Originally airing 5 31 1981

A montage of WWF action set to "Scheherazade" by Maynard Ferguson opens the show ending on a shot of WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund celebrating amongst jubilant fans. We cut to Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon welcome us to a special Memorial day addition of WWF All Star Wrestling. They run down the card and remind everyone that Freddie Blassie promised to reveal the identity of his latest client who he says will be the one to finally take the WWF Heavyweight Championship away from Bob Backlund.

McMahon: All that and more when we return from this commercial break.

Commercial break-Vince McMahon runs down the WWF live events for this coming week.

Match 1

"The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/"Captain" Lou Albano defeats Cedar Spalding & Skylar Riley by piling one on top of the other and splashing them both.

Match 2

The Bushwackers (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) w/"Lord" Jonathan Boyd defeat "Sugar" Shane Cook & "Easy" Ed Tarrel after a double gutbuster to Tarrel.

Commercial break-Market specific ad for the upcoming event in Madison Square Garden on June the 8th. All 3 titles are on the line as the Moondogs with "Captain" Lou Albano in their corner defend the Tag Titles against former champions Rick Martel & Tony Garea in a 2-out-of-3 falls match. Pedro Morales defends the Intercontinental Championship against Sgt Slaughter w/ The Grand Wizard and in the main event Bob Backlund defends the WWF Heavyweight Championship against the newest client of "Classy" Freddie Blassie. Also in action that night will be the Living Legend Bruno Sammartino! All that and more get your tickets now!

We return to see Vince McMahon,Freddie Blassie & WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund standing at ringside. Blassie is grinning like the Cheshire cat while Backlund the WWF Heavyweight belt hung over his shoulder has a look of grim determination.

McMahon: Ladies and gentlemen on Tuesday June 8th the World Wrestling Federation returns to Madison Square Garden in New York city and on that day Bob Backlund will defend the WWF Heavyweight Championship against a man managed by "Classy" Freddie Blassie, Mr Blassie last week promised the entire wrestling world you'd reveal the identity of this man who you claim can end the 17 month reign of Bob Backlund. Are you able at this time to keep that promise?

Blassie: McMahon a man of my stature always delivers and this is no exception.Stares directly at Backlund. How ya feeling champ? Feeling good cause you look great, I mean sure your clothes like you bought out of the trunk of some local junkies car*boos* and your hair looks like you got a guy missing half his fingers to cut it for ya in the dark but aside from all that ya look like a million pennies.

Backlund: Mr Blassie with all due disrespect, did you bring us all here to reveal your latest client or bore us all to death with your 3rd grade insults.

Blassie: looking like he's about to bust out laughing What's the matter champ,didn't they teach you about patience in Sunday school? Ya see you've been mighty lucky so far escaping my oriental assassain Killer Khan by the skin of your little yellow teeth. Even had to start bringing you buddy Gorilla Monsoon in to start refereeing the matches for ya. But I've got news for ya my friend, your luck just ran out and not even daddy Monsoon can save you from what I'm bringing to Madison Square Garden. Oh yes I'm beyond proud to report that I have secured the services of a man that has left destruction from New York to Tokyo,from Shanghai to Chicago his name strikes fear into the hearts of the bravest of warriors. And that's why i asked for you to be out here, I just had to see the look on your face when tell you that on June 8th in Madison Square Garden you will be stepping in the ring against the one...the only.. Blassie's going threatens to split his face in two BRUISER BRODY!!!! A shocked gasp from the live crowd,the briefest flash of worry passes over Backlund's face and McMahon looks appalled.

McMahon: Bruiser Brody!? You mean to bring that madman here?

Blassie: Not only am bringing him here McMahon, I'm making him the next WWF Heavyweight Champion! See ya on the 8th champ, i suggest you make the rest of your reign count because it's gonna be over before you know it. And until then you and all these bottom feeders remember one thing, Don't hate me because I'm better than you,hate me because there's nothing you can do about it.Blassie walks away giving a deep belly laugh. A contemplative Backlund follows soon after.

Match 3

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard defeats Edwym "The Executioner" Hermanson with a superkick. 

Commercial break-Market specific ad for the upcoming event in Philadelphia less than 3 weeks away! The card will be revealed in the coming weeks but the WWF championship committee has determined that both the Heavyweight & Intercontinental Championships will be determined. Tickets on sale now.

Match 4

The Brisco Brothers (Jack & Jerry) defeat The Black Panthers (two black jobbers in masks) when Jack makes one of the panthers submit to the figure four leglock.

Commercial break 

Match 5

"The Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino defeats Sunan Winthrop with a bear hug.

Commercial break 

Main event 

Antonio Inoki defeats "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorf by countering Orndorf's piledriver with a back body drop then hitting the Enzuigiri.

*Authors note* I submitted my request to book Brody about a week ago but it hasn't appeared on the page. I decided it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission again and decided to announce it anyway. I must stress that I mean NO DISRESPECT by not waiting for it to be posted. I merely thought it might help whoever is in charge of that remember.

Hey, I don't think there's any problem. Could've been a board glitch because I don't think I saw it either.

Anyway, found it interesting that you're using Luke & Butch as the Bushwhackers right away instead of the Sheepherders. Definitely intriguing to me as I think that you could have them go right away at Martel & Garea. Will definitely keep an eye on this one

13 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Hey, I don't think there's any problem. Could've been a board glitch because I don't think I saw it either.

Anyway, found it interesting that you're using Luke & Butch as the Bushwhackers right away instead of the Sheepherders. Definitely intriguing to me as I think that you could have them go right away at Martel & Garea. Will definitely keep an eye on this one

Honestly while I understand people's complaints about WWF turning them into a comedy act, I've always thought Bushwackers was a better name if you know what a Bushwacker actually is. In case you don't know a bushwacker was an old term for what we today would call an insurgent. So while it does sound silly it's actually a pretty cool name imo anyway. 

6 hours ago, Autistic Dragon said:

Honestly while I understand people's complaints about WWF turning them into a comedy act, I've always thought Bushwackers was a better name if you know what a Bushwacker actually is. In case you don't know a bushwacker was an old term for what we today would call an insurgent. So while it does sound silly it's actually a pretty cool name imo anyway. 

As long as someone isn't booked, and you write up the request, you're good to go. I can't always keep track of all of them. Sorry. Outside of that - pretty good stuff here and what a main event with Inoki and Orndorff... that would be amazing to see in this era of WWF.

WWF live events 

6-2-1981,Portland MA

'The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz defeats local talent with a back suplex.

Hangman Harris defeats "Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones with the Texas Trash Compacter 

Rick Martel, Tony Garea & "Terrific" Terry Taylor defeat "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala & WWF Tag Team Champions The Moondogs w/"Captain" Lou Albano by dq when Kamala chopped referee Dick Kroll as Kroll was trying to stop Kamala from attacking Taylor who was in the ropes.

Pedro Morales (c) defeats "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd after ducking Ladd's Big boot and performing a crucifix.

6-4-1981,Roteauer PA

"Leaping" Lanny Poffo defeats a local talent with a crowd wowing moonsault.

"Mr USA" Tony Atlas defeats "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with a Military Press Slam.

"Belfast Bruiser" David Finley defeats Baron Mike Sicicluna with the Celtic Knot.

Bruno Sammartino defeats "Lord" Jonathan Boyd with a backbreaker.

The Brisco Brothers (Jack & Jerry) defeat The Bushwackers (Butch Miller & Luke Williams) by dq when Miller hit Jack with a steel chair. The Bushwackers try to continue the assault after the bell but Jerry grabs his own chair and together the brothers send the mad New Zealanders packing sending the crowd home happy.

6-5-1981,Pittsburgh PA

"Chief" Jay Strongbow defeats a local talent with the Tomahawk chop.

Hangman Harris defeats Curt Henning with the Texas Trash Compacter.

"Terrific" Terry Taylor and Baron Mike Sicicluna wrestled to a 10 minute time limit draw.

"Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorf defeats "The Magnificent" Don Muraco w/The Grand Wizard with a piledriver.

Pat Patterson and Sgt Slaughter w/The Grand Wizard brawled to a double c.o.

WWF Tag Team Champions The Moondogs & "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/"Captain" Lou Albano defeats Rick Martel,Tony Garea & "Belfast Bruiser" David Finley after the Moondogs hit a backbreaker/elbow drop combination on Garea. Midway through the match Kamala & Finley brawled to the back.

Special attraction clash of the giants.

Giant Baba defeats "Big Cat" Ernie Ladd by c.o. Baba nailed Ladd with a big boot sending Ladd to the floor. Though Ladd was able to get to his feet and seemed able to continue once Ladd appeared to decide he'd had enough and simply walked away.

Bob Backlund (c) and Antonio Inoki wrestled to a 60 minute time limit draw.

6-6-1981,Baltimore MD

Davey Boy Smith defeats a local talent with a running powerslam.

Dynamite Kid defeats "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with a diving headbutt.

"The Unpredictable" defeats "Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard with his feet on the ropes.

WWF Tag Team Champions The Moondogs & "The Ugandan Giant" Kamala w/"Captain" Lou Albano defeat Rick Martel,Tony Garea & "Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones when Kamala sat on Jones during a Brisco Rollup attempt followed by a big splash.

Grudge match 

"The Nororious" Ox Baker w/The Grand Wizard defeats Pat Patterson after capitalizing on a distraction from Wizard to hit the heart punch.

Pedro Morales (c) defeats Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie with the Caribbean Cannonball.

Bob Backlund (c) defeats George "The Animal" Steele w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie after countering Steele's flying hammerlock into the crossface chickenwing causing Steele to pass out. Interestingly Antonio Inoki was spotted observing the match from the aisle.

Some pretty solid matches.... Patterson and Slaughter is big time but so is Orndorff and Muraco. I am waiting for a team to jump up and take the tag titles... I feel that the Moondogs time is limited. Backlund is still the champ but for how long and who could take it? Is there a heel to take over or do you transition it to another babyface... There's a lot of opportunity here.

WWF All Star Wrestling 

Filmed in the Hamburg Field House in Hamburg PA.

Originally airing 6-7-1981 and airing on syndication throughout the country.

A montage of WWF action set to "Scheherazade" by Maynard Ferguson opens the show ending on a shot of WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund celebrating amongst jubilant fans.

We cut to Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon.

McMahon: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting episode of WWF All Star Wrestling! We have an action packed show for you today but before we get to it my partner wrestling great Gorilla Monsoon has some news to share.

Monsoon: That's right Vince. Ladies and gentlemen it's my solemn duty to report that "Mr Wonderful" Paul Orndorf was injured while competing at a live event this past week. While Mr Orndorf is expected to make a full recovery he has decided to withdraw from the World Wrestling Federation so that he can devote his full time and attention to recovering his full strength. Mr Orndorf made clear that he id open to returning one day but felt this injury was a sign to make a change in his career. This creates something of a problem as he was scheduled to compete in this week's main event but I understand his scheduled opponent Jonathan Boyd had given the WWF match commetie full permission to select anyone in the world as the replacement.

McMahon: Well Mr Boyd is a bold one that's for certain. But a real shame in regards to Mr Orndorf.  I know i speak for many of us here at the World Wrestling Federation when I say it was a pleasure to work with Mr Orndorf and we wish him both a speedy recovery as well as all the best in his future endeavors. As much as we hate to end our opening segment and such a dour note but we promise to make it up to you with a exciting opening contest on the other side of this break.

Commercial break-Vince McMahon runs down the WWF live events for this coming week.

Match 1

"Mr USA" TonyAtlas defeats Vladimir Krukov with a Military Press Slam.

Match 2

Sgt Slaughter w/The Grand Wizard defeats Everett Edison with the Cobra Clutch.

Commercial break- Market specific ad for the upcoming event in Madison Square Garden on June 8th. A addendum to a previous week's ad as the aforementioned 2-out-of-3 falls match for the WWF Tag Team Titles will be Martel & Garea's LAST CHANCE! McMahon runs down the full card.

"Leaping" Lanny Poffo vs "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty 

"Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones vs "The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz 

"The Magnificent" Don Muraco w/The Grand Wizard vs "Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard 

The Brisco Brothers vs Pure Class (Killer Khan & George "The Animal" Steele) w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie 

Special attraction 

"Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino vs Antonio Inoki 

Last Chance 2-out-of-3 falls WWF Tag Team Championship match 

The Moondogs(c) w/"Captain" Lou Albano vs Rick Martel & Tony Garea 

Pedro Morales(c) vs Sgt Slaughter w/The Grand Wizard 

Bob Backlund(c) vs Bruiser Brody w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie 

Tickets sold out!

Match 3

Rick Martel & Tony Garea defeat The good ol' boys (Wayland Hawk & Memphis Chancellor) when Martel submitted Hawk with the Boston crab. Post match they cut a promo say one more chance is all they need to beat those mangey mutts and take back THEIR Tag Team Titles!

Match 4

"The Nororious" Ox Baker w/The Grand Wizard defeats Lachlan Lawrence with the Heart Punch followed by a pin with one foot on his chest.

Commercial break-Market specific ad for the upcoming event in Philadelphia on June 20th! All 3 titles will be defended against opponents yet to be determined. Tickets on sale now!

Match 5 

Pure Class (Killer Khan & George "The Animal" Steele) w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie defeat Hyrum Kelsey & Amyus Hunt when Khan crushed Hunt with a top rope kneedrop.

Final commercial break- Advertisement for the upcoming special on the USA network on June 27th!

Main event 

Joe McHugh: Ladies and gentlemen this is your television main event with tv time remaining. Introducing first hailing from Sydney Australia weighing 107 kilos here is "Lord" Jonathan Boyd! Boyd is stomping around the ring insisting noone has the guts to face him..And his opponent making his debut in the World Wrestling Federation hailing from the Fiji Islands weighing 235 lbs here is Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka! Huge pop.

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka defeats "Lord" Jonathan Boyd with the Superfly splash!

World Wrestling Federation 

June 8th 1981

Madison Square Garden 

New York,New York 

(Televised on the MSG Network. Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon on commentary)

"Leaping" Lanny Poffo defeats "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty with the Moonsault.

"The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz and "Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones wrestled to a 10 minute time limit draw.

"The Magnificent" Don Muraco w/The Grand Wizard defeats "Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard with the Asiatic Spike.

The Brisco Brothers (Jack & Jerry) defeat Pure Class (Killer Khan & George "The Animal" Steele) w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie when Jack pins Steele with a backslide.

*Intermission*

Special attraction 

Antonio Inoki defeats "Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino by bell clapping his way out of a bear hug then hitting the Enzuigiri.

Last Chance 2-out-of-3 falls WWF Tag Team Championship match 

The Moondogs (Rex & King) (c) w/"Captain" Lou Albano vs Rick Martel & Tony Garea 

Fall 1

The Moondogs win after Albano hits Garea with one of the title belts behind the referee's back in about 8 mins.

Fall 2

The Moondogs win after Garea accidentally clotheslines Martel allowing King to throw Garea to the floor then hit a backbreaker/elbow drop combination for the win in about 17 mins.

Winners and still WWF Tag Team Champions, The Moondogs!

After the match Garea is helping Martel to his feet and apoligizing for his mistake. Martel seemingly accepts but as Garea goes in for a hug Martel knees him in the nuts! Martel stomps away on Garea for a bit before going outside to retrieve a steel chair and cracking Garea in the head with it! Security swarms Martel,snatching the chair and getting Garea out of the ring before more damage can be done.

Pedro Morales (c) defeats Slaughter w/The Grand Wizard after running Slaughter into Wizard who was on the apron then performing a O'Connor roll.

Winner and still WWF Intercontinental champion, Pedro Morales!

Bob Backlund (c) defeats Bruiser Brody w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie when Brody missed a knee drop then Backlund applied the crossface chickenwing which caused Brody to pass out.

Winner and still WWF Heavyweight Champion, Bob Backlund!

As the show closes we see Blassie shaking his head in frustration turning to head up the aisle running into a grinning Antonio Inoki.

I read the tv and was so excited for the MSG show... then I read the show... hoping for a title swap... but it didn't happen. I don't know why I am so against the Moondogs and Pedro but I definitely see the writing is on the wall for them. Backlund... well that's a different story...

" Antonio Inoki defeats "Living Legend" Bruno Sammartino by bell clapping his way out of a bear hug then hitting the Enzuigiri. "

I legit popped for this... I think Inoki has a huge upside now and could really be on the move vertically after these attraction bouts.

I also lke the Backlund main event... you've got some really great stuff here... looking forward to the progress throughout the summer

WWF live events 

6/11/81 South Weston high school gym, Hanover PA

The debuting David Sammartino w/Bruno Sammartino defeats a local talent with a backbreaker.

"Terrific" Terry Taylor defeats Baron Mike Sicicluna with the Fivearm.

Curt Henning defeats "The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz with a sunsetflip.

"Lord" Jonathan Boyd and "Mr USA" Tony Atlas brawled to a double c.o.

The Brisco Brothers defeat The Bushwackers w/"Lord" Jonathan Boyd by dq when Boyd hit Jerry with the New Zealand flag.

Bob Backlund(c) defeats Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie after avoiding a knee drop and performing a Oklahoma roll.

6/12/81 Winston CT

"Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard and "The Duke of Dorchester" Pete Doherty wrestled to a 10 minute time limit draw.

The debuting "Canadian Freight Train" Jos Leduc defeats "Leaping" Lanny Poffo with a bearhug.

The Brisco Brothers defeat The Moondogs(c) w/"Captain" Lou Albano by c.o when Albano grew frustrated and led the Moondogs away from the ring.

Bob Backlund (c) defeats "The Magnificent" Don Muraco w/The Grand Wizard by dq when Wizard hits Backlund with an axehandle as he had Muraco in the crossface chickenwing. Backlund was unfazed and,to the joy of the crowd,locked Wizard in the crossface chickenwing! Muraco grabbed Wizard's foot and managed to pull him under the bottom rope and retreat up the aisle leaving the champ standing tall.

6/13/81 Civic Center, Springfield Mass

Curt Henning and "The Unpredictable" Johnny Rodz wrestled to a 10 minute time limit draw.

"Leaping" Lanny Poffo defeats Baron Mike Sicicluna with a moonsault.

The Debuting King Kong Mosca w/"Captain" Lou Albano defeats "Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones with a Full Nelson.

The Brisco Brothers defeat The Moondogs(c) w/"Captain" Lou Albano by dq when Rex hit Jack with a bone.

"The Magnificent" Don Muraco w/The Grand Wizard defeats Pedro Morales (c) by capitalizing on a distraction by Wizard to lock on the Asiatic Spike until Morales passed out. NEW CHAMPION!!!!

Bob Backlund(c) defeats "The Nororious" Ox Baker by dq when Baker wouldn't stop choking Backlund. Baker hit Backlund with the Heart Punch after the bell then walked up the aisle passed a grinning Antonio Inoki.

WWF All Star Wrestling 

Filmed at the Hamburg Field House in Hamburg PA 

Originally airing 6-14-1981 

A montage of WWF action set to"Scheherazade" by Maynard Ferguson opens the show ending on a shot of WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund celebrating amongst jubilant fans.

We cut to Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon.

McMahon: Hello everyone and welcome to another exciting episode of WWF All Star Wrestling. We have a big show for you today I'll be interviewing the NEW Intercontinental Champion "The Magnificent" Don Muraco & of course his manager The Grand Wizard.

Monsoon: And it all leads to our massive main event as the Brisco Brothers take on the Bushwackers with the winners going on to challenge the Moondogs for the WWF Tag Team Titles on the 20th.

McMahon: All that and a number of new arrivalarrivals here in the World Wrestling Federation. Now I understand we had scheduled Hulk Hogan for our opening match but there seems to be something going on in Pure Class. We'll get some answers as it's time for our first match.

We cut to the ring where Izzy Toft is warming up amidst some confusion as Freddie Blassie gets into the ring alone and gestures for Joe McHugh to hand him the microphone.

Blassie: Mr Hogan has parted ways with Pure Class to chase a financial opportunity elsewhere. But fret not peons because i have acquired the services of a man who is going to take my organization to heights unseen! With that Blassie hands McHugh a card.

McHugh: Ladies and gentlemen replacing Hulk Hogan...being accompanied by the Hollywood fashion plate "Classy" Freddie Blassie and representing Pure Class....Making his return to the World Wrestling Federation....Hailing from Tehran Iran....Weighing in at 117 kilograms....Here is the Iron Shiek! Thunderous boos!

Match 1

The Iron Shiek w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie defeats Izz Toft with the Camel Clutch. Everything the Shiek did seemed to grate the audience from his posing throughout the match to his adjusting his (admittedly impressive) mustache before synching in the match winning clutch. After McHugh finished announcing him as the winner Shiek snatched the mic.

Shiek: Mr Freddie Blazzie he call me and say Shiek you come join Pure Class and I see to it you make more money than Allah and become champion. All you need do is break the backs of some idiot Americans. And this only the beginning. All intelligent American wrestling fan they see Shieky put this nameless fool in the Camel Clutch i break his back and I make him humble. As I make all your heroes humble...The Superman Snuka...David Finally...Bruno Samaritan...Pedro Molasses and especially Bob Backslide. Iran Numbah Vhon...Pure Class Numbah Vhon...America? Patooey! Camera man! Camera man! Zoom in on the Shiek! Shiek does a few muscle man poses as Blassie cackles in the background.

Match 2

David Sammartino w/Bruno Sammartino defeats Lennie Winthrop with a figure four as Bruno beams with pride.

We return to Vince McMahon standing ringside.

McMahon: Ladies and gentlemen there was a sizable shakeup in the World Wrestling Federation as last night in Springfield Mass we crowned a new Intercontinental Champion! Here he is alongside his manager The Grand Wizard "The Magnificent" Don Muraco! Muraco & Wizard walk out dressed to the nines to a torrent of boos.

McMahon: Well Wizard you set a goal for your men and The Magnificent one deliverd. The Intercontinental Championship is yours.

Wizard:  Vince McMahon last night will go down as one of the most significant nights in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. The day that The Magnificent one rescued the Intercontinental Championship from that desiccated relic Pedro Morales and returning it to glory. This man will take the Intercontinental Championship to a level of prestige that will eclipse the WWF Heavyweight Championship and indeed even the NWA World championship. And it all begins on the 20th in Philadelphia. Tell'em champ!

Muraco: Thank you Wizard. On the 20th of June in Philadelphia airing live on the Spectrum network i end the Morales's hopes of ever again putting his grubby paws on MY TITLE! Morales you need to understand that you and all the other previous holders of this Championship were nothing but placeholders,keeping this title safe and shined up for when I was ready to claim it. And now that time has arrived,the era of Magnificence is upon us and that it shall last FOREVER! HAHAHA Muraco & Wizard leave to boos even louder than when they arrived.

Match 3

The British Bulldogs defeat Rich Madison & Elijah Cokes when Smith military pressed Kid and launched him into a diving headbutt on Cokes.

Match 4

"The Canadian Freight Train" Jos Leduc defeats Hervey Rowe with a one handed backbreaker.

Commercial break-Market specific ad.  Vince runs down the card for the Philadelphia show on the 20th 

WWF Heavyweight Championship steel cage match.

Bob Backlund (c) vs Killer Khan w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie 

WWF Intercontinental Championship rematch 

"The Magnificent" Don Muraco(c) w/The Grand Wizard vs Pedro Morales

The Moondogs(c) w/"Captain" Lou Albano vs the winners of the Brisco Brothers vs the Bushwackers

Special attraction 

Antonio Inoki vs Andre the Giant 

Rick Martel vs Tony Garea 

"Belfast Bruiser" David Finley vs George "The Animal" Steele w/"Classy" Freddie Blassie 

King Kong Mosca w/"Captain" Lou Albano vs "Terrific" Terry Taylor 

"Philadelphia's favorite son" S.D Jones vs Baron Mike Sicicluna 

Before we go to our next match footage from the Madison Square Garden event plays showing the shocking betrayal of Tony Garea by Rick Martel.

Match 5

Rick Martel defeats Leonzio Sgro with the Boston crab. He holds it a few seconds after the bell then takes the mic from McHugh 

Martel: Garea the days of you holding me back are done. In Philadelphia i cut lose your dead weight once and for all!

Final commercial break-Advertisement for the upcoming event on the USA network on June 27th

Main event 

The Brisco Brothers defeat The Bushwackers w/"Lord" Jonathan Boyd Jerry caught Butch with a inside cradle.