Pro Wrestling Only

Georgia Championship Wrestling 1981

LowBlowPodcast

Saturday June 12
Georgia Championship Wrestling from the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia

-Gordon Solie welcomes us to the show putting over a good night of action including the National Tag Team Champions the Fabulous Freebirds. Plus we will see NWA Georgia Champion Steve O taking on a special surprise opponent. We’ll also hear from NWA National Heavyweight Champion Tommy Rich along with a new team with a manager by the name of Jimmy Hart. 

Matt Borne & Kevin Sullivan defeated Ryan Franks & Tom Williams

We then see Ole Anderson come out to a great ovation from the crowd… he addresses Gordon and then grabs the microphone…

Ole Anderson: I am here tonight to make a declaration. You see for a while now, I have been spending time in Georgia and up in the Carolinas for Mid Atlantic Wrestling. Well they had their television taping this morning and I found out that that good for nothing Jim Crockett Jr fired my tag team partner Gene Anderson because he was injured. Well I had had enough of his garbage and the garbage of that company so I told them I am going to a place where honor is upheld… where the wrestlers are tough as nails…. GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING! I am here to rally the troops of Georgia… I brought some reinforcements… but I want to rally every single man in this company to come with me and take the fight to them! I want to show them why we’re number one in this sport and by gawd we’ll crack some heads while we do it! Jim Barnett… I am asking you… give me the chance… let me build the Georgia Army and let’s go to WAR! 

*COMMERCIAL*

GCW is back with the debut of Jimmy Hart and his new team…Big John Studd & Big Daddy Bundy! Jimmy Hart goes on about how these two men come in at almost 800 pounds. Together they are the skyscrapers of wrestling… the twin towers of power… they are the Monsters of Mayhem! Together… they are going to challenge all the top teams in GCW and they will have the gold when all is said and done. He also says that if Ole Anderson wants an army… he doesn’t have to look too much further than these two… if the money is right!

Studd & Bundy w/ Jimmy Hart defeated Ken Wright & Bobby Burns

Paul Orndorff then comes out with the GCW television title. He puts over the talent here in Georgia and says that every time he steps in that ring he defends this title. There isn’t a man alive who can beat him in 20-minutes and he’ll prove it night in and night out!

*COMMERCIAL*

GCW is back with Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen on the set. They put over the National Tag Team Championship and the Freebirds. They want a shot against them next week. They want to challenge for the titles and show everyone why their the top team in wrestling and they want to get their shot at the Von Erichs and the NWA World Tag Titles!

The Freebirds (Hayes & Gordy) defeated Jimmy Johns & Wally Randolph

The Freebirds are then joined by Buddy Roberts. They talk about being the top team in Georgia and how they’ll take on any and all comers. The accept the challenge of Dibiase & Hansen… but they won’t tell anyone which pair of them will defend the titles!

*COMMERCIAL*

We’re back with our final segment of GCW and Gordon is joined by NWA National Champion Tommy Rich. He talks about the Georgia title and Steve O being one heck of a competitor. He talks about Ole Anderson’s war and he knows that to be a champion he has to defend his title and the honor of GCW… he’ll battle anyone… anytime… anywhere!

NWA GEORGIA CHAMPIONSHIP
Steve O vs The Masked Superstar
-Superstar makes his return to GCW in a big way. He handles Steve O with ease tonight but Steve O tries everything he can to make a comeback. O tries to get some big shots in but Masked Superstar counters and ends up locking him in a Cobra Clutch and then a SLAM for the 3-count. Masked Superstar is the new Georgia Champion and the crowd pops for the title change. 

Masked Superstar goes to Solie and then he’s joined by Ole Anderson. They shake hands and say this is just the beginning and in the end they will bring the MACW titles back to Georgia. They will be the ones who change the sport and they’re excited to see just who wants to join them and dominate the sport!

The thought of "Maniac" Matt & Sullivan teaming up makes me uneasy ad it should the entire GCW roster.

Like Ole's chest pounding speech. Georgia and MACW are going to war!

There's something inherently funny about Jimmy Hart running his mouth a mile a minute with that squeaky voice of his while Bundy & Studd stand there menacingly.

The Freebirds vs DiBiase & Hanson? For titles? I'm there!

Masked Superstar justifies his jumping ship by becoming the new NWA Georgia champion! 

I think you're onto something here.

GCW Wrestling
Taping from the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia

-GCW opens with Gordon Solie standing by putting over the big night of action including the big tag team title match between the Freebirds taking on Hansen and Dibiase. We still don’t know which of the Freebirds will be in action. Plus tonight we will see National Heavyweight Champion Tommy Rich in action. Plus the new Georgia champion Masked Superstar will be here. Right now we have got the television champion, Paul Orndorff in action… let’s go to the ring.

GCW Television Championship
Paul Orndorff © vs Brian Blair
-A good showcase for Orndorff and Blair who put together a fun contest. These two go about 12-minutes to open up the night of action. Blair is able to get some nice offense going but it cut off with a nasty slingshot off the top rope by Orndorff. Orndorff sets up Blair and PILEDRIVER for the 3-count! The television champion looks strong here. Orndorff works the fans and holds up the title!

We head back over to Gordon Solie who is standing by and he’s joined by Steve O. Steve O talks about Masked Superstar becoming the new Georgia Champion. He knows he a tough competitor but he wants Masked Superstar to know that he’s going to keep coming for the title.  

*COMMERCIAL*

GCW is back and Gordon Solie is joined by Ole Anderson and Masked Superstar… Ole goes off on a tirade…

Ole Andrson: Oh Mr. Crockett… where are you?!?! Jim Crockett… what do you think now pal? Huh? I want everyone out there on the Superstation to know that the first blow was from us to them! Jake Roberts… you said you were looking for me… well you found me didn’t you. You found the two of us didn’t you!? Huh? Well Roberts… you were the first of many. Myself and Masked Superstar are going to be right here in Atlanta every Saturday and if you got the stones to come down here… bring yourself some back up and just see what you’ve got! 

Masked Superstar: You know… everyone wants to talk about being the best… well who’s got the gold?! I do. Now… Steve O was the first of many. Next in line… Tommy Rich… you hold the National Title and I am going to take it from you. I am no second rate champion. I am not second rate star. I am the best this business has to offer. I am afraid of no man in that ring and will take on any and all comers. All you punks from Mid Atlantic… the Pipers, the Flairs, the Steamboats, the Pateras, the Koloffs…. I don’t care who it is… you show up here and you will get dealt with like everyone else in our path!

Hacksaw Butch Reed & Hacksaw Duggan defeated Mike Rogers & Bill Worthington

We head back over to Solie who is joined by Jimmy Hart and his Monsters of Mayhem… Big Daddy Bundy and Big John Studd. Jimmy Hart is putting over his men as the next world tag team champions. He hopes that the NWA won’t hold him accountable for what they do to the champions. He hopes that Mrs. Von Erich doesn’t hold him account for what they do to Kerry and Kevin. He says it is only a matter of time before blood is spilt and the Monsters rule the world!

*COMMERCIAL*

GCW is back with Matt Borne and Kevin Sullivan who look like a pair bad ass dudes… they put over the tag division and let everyone know that they want the shot. They are putting out a challenge to Duggan and Reed for a match next week. They want to show everyone why they can’t be touched in the middle of that ring!

NWA National Championship
Tommy Rich defeated Swede Hanson via the Thesz Press!

Tommy Rich joins Solie in putting over GCW and this issue with MACW. He also says he is open to the challenge of Masked Superstar. He wants to prove it to everyone on Sunday the 4th of July in the Omni. They’re going to meet inside a steel cage… title for title… only one will survive and it is going to be the Wildfire!

*COMMERCIAL*

GCW is back with Gordon Solie putting over the big main event… the National Tag Team Championship is on the line… but who will be defending?

NWA NATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Stan Hansen & Ted Dibiase vs The Freebirds (Gordy & Roberts) w/ Michael Hayes
-Big time main event… limited tv time remaining… they go 13 of the final 15-minutes of television time left. A lot of hot action but the highlight is definitely Gordy and Hansen. They just get it in that ring and the crowd explodes when they go blow for blow in there. Roberts does some great work but Dibiase may just be the star that shines the brightest. The finish is messy with Dibiase and Hansen looking like they’re going to finish. The LARIAT on Buddy Roberts takes his head off and he goes out of the ring to the floor. Dibiase looks to come over and pull him in but this is where Michael Hayes comes out of nowhere with the tag title belt and DESTROYS Dibiase’s skull! Dibiase falls back and he is bleeding like a stuck pig! The referee calls for the bell and the fans are letting the Freebirds have it here. Hayes, Gordy, and Roberts walk out with the title belts… they may have the gold but can they really call themselves champions?!

Paul Orndorf is great fit for TV champion.

Ole & MS throw down the gauntlet for Jake Roberts and everyone else.

Gonna be watching the Hacksaws.

The Monsters of Mayhem! Love it! Especially paired with Jimmy Hart.

Sullivan and Borne is the kinda pairing that'll have folks looking over their shoulders.

MS vs Wildfire? Title vs Title? In a cage? At the Omni?! Yeeeeessssss!!!!!!

Interesting move having the Freebirds be faces in Mid-Atlantic but heels in their native Georgia.

I agree with Ed, this angle has marquee potential.

GCW Television
Saturday June 26th
Taped from the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia

Gordon Solie welcomes in the fans to the WTBS studios as he runs through a big night of action. He also make the announcement that there will be a special six-man extravaganza at the Omni on July the 4th in which we will see three men from Mid Atlantic Wrestling taking on three men from Georgia Championship Wrestling. We’ll hear who those men are later on in the broadcast. We’ll also see Steve O challenging Paul Orndorff for the GCW Television Championship, the Freebirds defending the National Tag Team Championship against Ted Dibiase & Stan Hanse in a two out of three falls match and the big main event… Tommy Rich defending the National Heavyweight Championship against Masked Superstar and the Georgia Championship inside a steel cage! 

Steve O defeated Rick McGraw via the running Dropkick!

Paul Orndorff walks out with the TV title and puts over how Steve O is going to be just another notch on his belt just like Tommy Rich will be tonight!

*COMMERCIAL*

GCW is back with a special taped promo from the Freebirds. They talk about holding the National Tag Titles longer than anyone and they won’t be afraid of Dibiase and Hansen. It’s going to be a wild night on Badstreet!

Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen defeated The Assassins via the LARIAT!

Dibiase and Hansen then walk over and join Gordon. They talk about the National Titles being the stepping stone to the NWA world tag titles. They hope to get their hands on the gold so they can show everyone in the NWA that they’re the top tag team in wrestling. Hansen says he especially wants to show Gordy who is the baddest dude in Georgia and will do whatever it takes to beat him!

*COMMERCIAL*

Jimmy Hart comes out with the Monsters of Mayhem… Bundy and Studd look like real monsters. He talks about these two men are the biggest, strongest, and meanest men in wrestling. Tonight they show everyone but it is just the beginning!

Monsters of Mayhem defeated Biran Blair & Mike Rotundo via the Big Splash!

Ole Anderson comes out and announces that the Monsters of Mayhem will be his partners on July the 4th! He says he can’t wait to find out who is going to step up from the Mid Atlantic. He is going to show everyone why Georgia is the best but why Ole Anderson is the most powerful man in wrestling! 

*COMMERCIAL*

The Hacksaws are here as Duggan and Reed put over the big tag team match against Sullivan and Borne on July the 4th. They talk about not being worried about the fight but more worried about what they are going to do to these guys. When tough meets tough…  only one walks away…  

Sullivan & Borne defeated Bob Ryder & Erik Strong via the Double Gut Stomp!

Sullivan and Borne then come over and they are laughing up a storm while talking about the Hacksaws. They ask for it to be a fight instead of a match. Texas Tornado rules… who is going to survive?!?! These two are a little nuts and they’re proving it right now. 

*COMMERCIAL*

Masked Superstar is out here with Gordon Solie. He puts over the Georgia Championship and then says that the National Championship is on his mind. Tommy Rich is a tough competitor but when it is the cage… well… there can only be one man who survives and that one man will hold the gold!

Tommy Rich vs Paul Orndorff
-A good main event with both men getting some shine and good action in. Paul Orndorff looks to be in a prime spot in his career while Tommy Rich has got the passion of 1,000 fires under his backside. These two go about 12-minutes and it is a breakneck pace. Masked Superstar then leaves the booth and is at the ring while Orndorff is reeling. Tommy Rich goes for the ropes but Superstar grabs his foot. This gives Orndorff a chance to run from behind and knee him in the back and Rich goes out of the ring to the floor. Masked Superstar then grabs Rich and rams him into the ringpost and the referee calls for the bell! 

Orndorff runs out and joins by throwing Rich in again! They toss him in the ring and then hit a spike piledriver and Rich is laid out! Superstar and Orndorff shake hands as they look to gain some serious momentum going into the big showdown on the 4th of July!

Steve O picks up momentum ahead of his shot at the TV Title.

Whether it's Mid-Atlantic or Georgia the Assassins cannot catch a break. Looking forward to the National Title match though.

Damn Ole bringing in the Monsters of Mayham! Georgia ain't messing around.

The Hacksaws vs Sullivan & Borne,  Texas Tornado on the 4th? Things are going to get nuts!

Masked Superstar & Paul Orndorf are a formidable duo to have at the top of the card. And if you don't believe me ask Tommy Rich.

I don't know if you have plans for Georgia after this feud with Ole but I'm gonna enjoy while it lasts.

GCW Television
Taped at the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia. 

The Iron Sheik defeated Kyle O’Riley

The Hacksaws put over their big Texas Tornado tag tomorrow night. They talk about bringing the boards and they’ll be ready for war!

*COMMERCIAL*

Steve O talks about his tv title match with Paul Orndorff tomorrow. He says that this may be his final shot and if he can’t get it done he will have a long way to go to get back in line for a shot!

Terry Taylor & Mike Rotundo defeated George Young & Frank Dukes

Paul Orndorff discusses why he’s the top dog in GCW and how he hopes to get his hands on some of those MACW fellas. He says that tomorrow night that Steve O is going to feel the pain tomorrow night and may never be able to wrestle again!

*COMMERCIAL*

The Freebirds put over their tag team match tomorrow night. They still won’t let it be known who is going to be the two of the three involved. They promise that it will be a long trip back up Badstreet when all is said and done!

Stan Hansen & Ted Dibiase defeated Kenny Williams & Mike Simpson

Hansen & Dibiase really work the crowd and put over the tag title match tomorrow. They don’t care if it is one, two, or three of the birds… they will all go down!

*COMMERCIAL*

Ole Anderson comes out and he is running MACW into the ground. He brings out Bundy and Studd and he talks about how he will lead GCW to victory and the defeat of Mid Atlantic will not only be bad but complete destruction!

Big Daddy Bundy & Big John Studd defeated Bryan Fouts & Erick Ash

Gordon Solie puts over how MACW has announced that Jake Roberts, Barry Windham, & Blackjack Mulligan will be their participants tomorrow night!

*COMMERCIAL*

Tommy Rich vs Kevin Sullivan
-Good main event. We see Matt Borne try to get involved only for the Hacksaws to run him off. Rich hits the Thesz press for the 3-count and works the crowd but Masked Superstar shows up and nails him out of nowhere!

GCW Live from the Omni in Atlanta, Georgia - July 4, 1981

Mike Rotundo & Terry Taylor vs The Assassins
-A good opener with Terry Taylor and Mike Rotundo being a pretty good little team. The Assassins are good heels who get good heat but in the end it is a top rope dropkick from Terry Taylor that spells the end and he and Rotundo look good in their first outing here tonight. 

TEXAS TORNADO TAG TEAM MATCH
The Hacksaws Reed & Duggan vs Matt Borne & Kevin Sullivan
-The opposite of the first match… this is raw and uncut from the beginning. Lots of brawling all over the ringside area. The referee is trying to keep control but it isn’t working. Duggan and Sullivan throw some huge bombs and the crowd is ooing and ahhhing. Borne and Reed don’t hold back either. Reed was busted wide open over the eye and he is gushing. The Hacksaws do end up getting the advantage but out of nowhere… Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer comes out from under the ring and he nails Jim Duggan with a 2x4 over the head that breaks the board in half and Duggan goes down. Sullivan then with a double stomp on his sternum and covers him for the 3-count! 

GCW TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Steve O vs Paul Orndorff ©
-An okay contest here… Steve O can’t seem to get anything going against Orndorff who looks like he’s on a different level. He works the fans all the while beating down Steve O. O is able to get some decent offense in but it doesn’t go too far. Orndorff then finishes him off with the piledriver and he is still the champ. 

NWA NATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
2 out of 3 Falls
Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen vs The Freebirds
-Triple main event… the first of three and it is Hayes and Gordy out there for the Birds. Once again, these two teams fit together like PB and J. Dibiase is the workhorse. Hayes is the showman. Gordy and Hansen bring the boom. The first fall goes down when Dibiase nails Hayes with a huge right hand and then Hansen comes out of nowhere with the Lariat for the 3-count! Hayes is really hurting but now Gordy gets involved and he’s able to calm the storm for a bit. We go about 5-minutes and then… low and behold… here comes Buddy Roberts. He gets involved and is able to distract Dibiase who turns around and Gordy with a nasty ASIATIC SPIKE to the throat! Dibiase is down and Gordy with the quick 3-count. We head into the final fall, Dibiase is hurt, Hayes is hurt, and then we see Hansen and Gordy turn it up to another level. They go about 6-minutes before we see Hayes get his wind back and gets involved. He and Gordy do some nice work before chaos ensues. We’ve got all four men involved but then Hansen with another lariat on Hayes who falls out of the ring. Buddy Roberts then tries to get involved but when he does… Stan Hansen out of nowhere with a Lariat and the 1...2...3!!! WE’VE GOT NEW CHAMPIONS! Hansen and Dibiase celebrate with the titles and the fans pop. Hayes and Gordy are trying to get the referee to turn the decision due to Roberts taking the fall… uh oh.

MACW vs GCW
SIX-MAN TAG
Jake Roberts, Blackjack Mulligan, & Barry Windham vs Ole Anderson & The Monsters of Mayhem w/ Jimmy Hart
-Lots of hype around this one. All six men bring it tonight. Bundy and Studd have got some big time power and Mulligan does his best to hold it off but he can only do so much. Barry Windham and Ole have got some history due to the situation with Gene. Roberts and Ole have got a lot of heat. The fans seem to be kind of split due to the men involved for GCW but still cheer them on halfway. This one goes about 18-minutes. The final moments see Mulligan and Roberts tied up with Bundy and Studd before Ole gets his revenge on Barry thanks to a nasty shoulder breaker. He is able to get the 3-count as Barry looks to be in a very bad way. Mulligan vows that this isn’t over. The monsters looked pretty good tonight and they’ve got a lot going for them as this one is far from over!

TITLE FOR TITLE
CAGE MATCH
Tommy Rich © vs Masked Superstar ©
-Big time main event. Cage match. The stage is set. We get about 20-minutes. Tommy Rich is busted open early and he is gushing.  Masked Superstar even gets some color when Rich grinds his face on the cage and rips his mask! Superstar looks to have control late in the contest but Tommy Rich… the wildfire fights back and the crowd is going wild. Masked Superstar is able to duck and jive through some of the shots only to get control and then go for the Heart Punch but Tommy Rich counters and tosses him to the ropes and THESZ PRESS for the 1...2…..3!!! Tommy Rich has won it and the crowd pops! The referee gives him both belts and he stands tall and the proudest man in Georgia right now! 

Taylor & Rotunda are a solid opening match face team.

Mad Dog Sawyer with the 2X4 help Sullivan & Borne get the win in the Tornado tag match. Could be a scary faction forming.

Orndorf dispatches O in a gimme title defense.

Ok i love Hanson as much as anyone but how the hell do forget who is & isn't in the match?

Ole avenges Gene by damn near breaking Barry's shoulder. The war between Georgia & Mid-Atlantic is getting serious.

Wildfire becomes double champion in the cage! He'll yeah baby!

Georgia does the 4th right.

GCW Television taping results from the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia

Bundy & Studd defeated Tom Vance & Ryan Wheeler
The Freebirds defeated Mike Jackson, Steve Trevors, & Nick Mikeals
Paul Orndorff defeated Mike Rotundo in defense of the GCW Television Championship
The Iron Sheik defeated Miles Simpson
Tommy Rich defeated Matt Borne via DQ when Sullivan & Sawyer interfered but the Hacksaws made the save!

Other notes:
Ole Anderson has welcomed the challenge of MACW next week and says he will be there with Bundy and Studd and it will be a night they’ll never forget because it will be like Deja Vu! 

The Freebirds went on a tirade about Hansen and Dibiase not really being the champions due to Buddy Jack Roberts being pinned. Hansen and Dibiase come out and they welcome the challenge anytime… looks like we’ll get it next week!

Paul Orndorff continued to put over being the top wrestler in GCW… he says that the TV Title is a true testament to his ability but he wants to get the shot at Tommy Rich and he will do whatever he needs to in order to get Tommy Rich in the ring!

GCW Television taping in Atlanta, Georgia at the WTBS Studios
NATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen defeated Buddy Roberts & Terry Gordy to become the UNDISPUTED NATIONAL TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
The Hacksaws defeated George White & Carl Black
Masked Superstar defeated Steve O

Other notes:

Matt Borne, Buzz Sawyer, & Kevin Sullivan call out the Hacksaws for a six-man next week if they can get a partner! 

Tommy Rich put over the National and Georgia Championships. He plans to defend both titles if he has to and welcomes all challengers.

Paul Orndorff continues to call out Tommy Rich and says he wants a shot to become a 3 way champion!

GCW World Championship Wrestling
WTBS Studios - Atlanta, Georgia

SIX-MAN TAG
Hacksaw Duggan & Reed & Ron Garvin defeated Matt Borne, Buzz Sawyer, & Kevin Sullivan via DQ
Paul Orndorff defeated Buddy Roberts to RETAIN the GCW Television Championship
Masked Superstar defeated Jim Young
Tommy Rich defeated Ken Gibbs

In other news…
We heard from the Freebirds who say they are going to go all the way to the NWA board in order to get another shot at Hansen and Dibiase! They say they aren’t happy with the way this is all going down!

Masked Superstar lets it be known that he still has his eyes on Tommy Rich and will no doubt make him pay for the issues they’ve had.

Hansen and Dibiase tell the Freebirds they will accept their challenge any day of the week and will be right here whenever they want to challenge for the gold!

The Freebirds aren't giving up on the National Tag Team Titles & DiBiase & Hansen aren't afraid to give'em another shot!

The Freebirds quest for gold hits another speed bump as Buddy Jack fails to capture the TV Title.

Rich & Masked Superstar are heading for a major collision.

To the surprise of excactly noone Sullivan, Borne & Sawyer cause chaos in the main event.

Georgia is heating up fast.

• 2 weeks later...

GCW Wrestling
From the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia

GCW Tag Team Championship
Hansen & Dibiase defeated Borne & Sullivan via DQ

Paul Orndorff defeated Jim Duggan

Ron Garvin defeated Frank Smith

Terry Taylor & Mike Rotundo defeated Ken Stills & Manny Lopez

In other news…

Ole Anderson, Bob Orton Jr., JJ Dillon, & Paul Orndorff celebrate the Mid Atlantic tag title win and then big showdown next week in Greensboro. They talk about the Freebirds joining Mid Atlantic but it not being a factor when it comes to what happens inside that ring! 

Masked Superstar continues to put over his issue with Tommy Rich and he is letting him know that he will put up his mask and his career to take the title from Tommy Rich!

Tommy Rich puts over his issues with Paul Orndorff and with Masked Superstar. He says that in two weeks… in the Omni… it is the final chance for the Masked Superstar… one on one for the National & Georgia Championships… there must be a winner…  as Tommy Rich is walking out… someone comes from the shadows and knocks him out. He picks him up and hits a reverse piledriver… wait a second… THAT IS DON MURACO! MURACO IS IN GEORGIA!

GCW Wrestling
From the WTBS Studios in Atlanta, Georgia
Paul Ornorff vs Ron Garvin went to a double DQ

SIX-MAN
Tommy Rich, Stan Hansen, & Ted Dibiase defeated Sullivan, Borne, & Sawyer

Masked Superstar defeated Jim Brunzell

Bob Orton & Don Muraco w/ JJ Dillon defeated Ken Mills & Rick Stevens

Also…

Ole Anderson stood with Orton, Sullivan, Borne, & Sawyer to put over their trip to Greensboro tomorrow night. He even says that he is opening up a challenge for them to come to the Omni next week if they have any guts! 

Don Muraco makes his presence known by letting everyone know he’s come to Georgia to get after the National Championship and find a way to get a shot at the NWA World Title. He will make an example of anyone who steps in the ring with him and plans to exert his dominance quickly and swiftly here in Georgia. 

Tommy Rich, Ted Dibiase, & Stan Hansen put over their issues with Don Muraco & Masked Superstar but also talk about the issue with Mid Atlantic. They talk about carrying the flag for Georgia if they have to… they aren’t afraid of a fight and won’t back down!

GCW Wrestling
WTBS Studios - Atlanta, Georgia

Hansen and Dibiase defeated Rick Williams & Wally Rogers

Don Muraco defeated Terry Taylor

Sawyer & Borne defeated Rotundo and Brunzell

Also…

The Freebirds celebrate with champagne and talk about this being the beginning of their victory party. Last week they set the stage when they showed their true colors against Mid Atlantic but tomorrow night in the Omni… they are going to change their colors to GOLD when they win the Six-Man Tag Titles!

Ole Anderson and Paul Orndorff put over their tag title match tomorrow night and say that once they win… they are going to beat Dibiase and Hansen to put the titles all together!

Masked Superstar puts over his big match with Tommy Rich tomorrow night. He says that this is do or die for him and he doesn’t know what will happen if he doesn’t walk out with the title!

Tommy Rich runs down his list of challengers… Masked Superstar, Orndorff, Muraco… he states that they all have a claim to the challenge but they don’t have what it takes to beat him!

GCW - Event @ The Omni in Atlanta, Georgia, USA

NWA National Heavyweight Championship
Tommy Rich defeated the Masked Superstar!

MACW TAG TEAM TITLES
Jake Roberts & Dick Slater defeated Ole Anderson & Paul Orndorff

Kevin Sullivan defeated Terry Taylor

NWA National Tag Team Championship
Ted Dibiase & Stan Hansen defeated Matt Borne & Buzz Sawyer

SIX-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP
The Freebirds defeated Ricky Steamboat, Wahoo McDaniel, & Jay Youngblood to WIN THE NWA SIX-MAN CHAMPIONSHIP!

A solid tv show that hard sells the crap outta the Omni show. Speaking of...

New Six Man Champions! Something about The Freebirds lifting Six Man gold just feels right.

DiBiase & Hansen survive a tough test.

Roberts & Slater are taking the MACW Tag Team Titles home.

Rich fights off The Masked Superstar but like he said there's more where he came from.