Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair quits WWE

Bix

http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/publish/article_21611.shtml

Ric Flair quit WWE this week over frustration with his push and a lack of any encouraging communication from the front office.

There are now discussions to try to talk him into cooling off and agreeing to not quit.

His situation doesn't appear to be at all related to the suspensions, although he's now more valuable with some names being gone for a month.

If things don't work out, it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Flair could be offered a sweet and tempting deal to be part of TNA's two hour launch. TNA is interested and aware of the situation.

What a week.

Considering what he looks like on GH and whatever else he's on, I don't think anyone wants to see Wellness-era Naitch. He's probably holding out for a non-wrestling role and permission to use Hunter's stash of designer shit for his "final run" leading up to Wrestlemania.

Well if Umaga is on GH... (seriously, what the fuck?)

Meltzer has been pretty open about Flair "doing what he needs to do to go on TV at his age." I assume Flair has been as juiced up as the next guy over the last few years, and GH would help him look less like he's 60 going on 120.

Meltz:

Notes on Flair giving notice

As reported by Pro Wrestling Torch, Ric Flair has given notice to WWE. This happened around 8/21 and has nothing to do with drug investigations or suspensions.

WWE has offered him a major program to return. The sides haven't and nobody except perhaps Flair knows where things stand at this moment.

Isn't Flair up to his eyeballs in debt to his ex-wife? I didn't think he had "fuck you" money.

While I know no one is saying that this has anything to do with the WWE's other troubles right now, I can't help but find it telling that Flair would sooner go toe-to-toe with the IRS and the Repo Depot than hang around as McMahon's indentured servant any longer. They say the rats are always the first to leave the sinking ship.