Pro Wrestling Only

Rebooted WWF 1981

Jewoodside

Bruno Sammartino: Authority Figure
Vince McMahon & Pat Patterson: Commentary
Jim Cornette: Backstage Interviewer

*Show opens with Bruno Sammartino standing at the ramp to make an announcement about the now vacated IC Title due to Don Muraco leaving due to a contract dispute*

Bruno: It is with this announcement that we are starting a tournament where the finalists will compete for the recently Vacated IC Title. Don Muraco is currently in contract negotiations but until he has made a decision the IC Title has been vacated as the IC Title has be regularly defended. So tonight will be the start of these round 1 matches for the tournament

* Tournament brackets*

Bracket 1

George Steele vs One Man Gang

Koko B Ware vs Kamala

Dean Malenko vs Curt Henning

Randy Savage vs Pedro Morales

*Cuts to Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson on commentary*

Vince M: Well it looks like it is gearing up to be a good show if these matches are any sign of things to come

Pat P: It's certainly a nice mixture of familiar faces and fresh faces in this tournament isn't it Vince....

*before Pat can finish speaking to Vince they're cut off by Classy Freddie Blassie with an open mic on top of the entrance ramp*

CFB: Excuse me, but it is with my great pleasure to announce my newest client and member of the WWF..... with this I would like to announce my newest client and newest member to WWF "THE IRON SHIEK"

*The Iron Shiek walks out to the top of the ramp holding the Iranian flag to a course of BOOS*

Iron Shiek:  Bob Backlund, I am here to come for you and the World Title to return it to its rightful GLORY!!!

*Freddie Blassie and Iron Shiek return to the back after making their statement*

*Opening Match*

George Steele with Captain Lou Albano  vs One Man Gang

All out brawl to open the tournament between George Steele and One Man Gang with Steele getting the pin

Winner: George Steele

Vince: What a match an all-out brawl we just witnessed between Steele and One Man Gang

Pat P: Well let's see who wins the next match and see who he will be taking on in the next round......

Koko B Ware vs Kamala 

Match starts off with some back and forth between Koko and Kamala until Kamala begins to overpower Koko B. Ware. Finish comes with Kamala landing a splash from the top rope on Koko for the Win.

Winner: Kamala

Vince: Looks like Steele will have his work cut out for him in the next round vs Kamala

Pat: I can't wait to see those two compete against each other. 

Dean Malenko vs Curt Henning

Great technical match between these two, with the finish being a roll up schoolboy finish of Curt Henning rolling up Malenko for the victory

Winner: Curt Henning

*Cuts to backstage where Jim Cornette has caught up with Bob Backlund for comments on what Iron Shiek had to open the show*

JC: Mr. Backlund, I'm looking for a comment from you on what Iron Shiek had to say earlier and saying he's coming for you and your title?

BB: Bruno Sammartino, book this match so we can find out who best represents this title! Now for you Blassie, up to your old tricks of finding a new client to beat me so you can get your hands on MY title......

JC: So you're saying if Bruno books the match you're ready to fight Iron Shiek, anytime and anywhere?

BB: Yes, if Bruno books the match then I will be there to defend this title!

*Goes back to ringside for the main event as Pedro Morales makes his way to the ring for the MAIN EVENT*

MAIN EVENT: RANDY SAVAGE VS PEDRO MORALES

*Pedro Morales is high fiving fans around the outside of the ring during Randy Savage's entrance*

Pat: Ok, Vince who are you picking in this match? We've got Randy Savage going against a former IC Champion in Pedro Morales?

Vince: There's something telling me that it's Randy's match to lose. He's an up and comer with his whole career ahead of him, let's see if he seizes the opportunity

Great back and forth match between Morales and Savage, with Savage winning after the flying elbow off the top rope to pin Morales for the win

Winner: Randy Savage

Vince: Alright ladies and gentleman, what a way to have finished the evening with a great match.

Pat: Remember next week will the the other bracket for the IC Tournament and we will see what the fall out is between Backlund and Iron Shiek for the World Title

13 minutes ago, Autistic Dragon said:

Shiek & Blassie chasing Backlund's title is textbook WWF.

The IC title tournament is shaping up nicely with Steele vs Kamala & Henning vs Savage. I'm calling the winner of Savage/Henning to take the title.

Good start.

The IC Title Tournament is only showing the first brackets but still coming up with the other side of the IC Tournament Bracket:

Kamala vs Steele

Henning vs Savage

*Planned matches for next WWE Show*

(Card Subject to Change)

Second Bracket for IC Tournament:

Lanny Poffo vs Bad News Allan

Jim Neidhart vs Konga the Barbarian

Rick Martel vs Jack Briscoe

Steven Regal vs David Finley

Tag Team match (MAIN EVENT)

Iron Shiek and Hercules Hernandez with Classie Freddie Blassie VS. Bob Backlund with partner of his choosing (TBA at the event)

Edited by Jewoodside
Saving Tag Title #1 Contenders match

19 minutes ago, LowBlowPodcast said:

I told you already but I am very excited for what you've got going. It is going to be fun to see how this group builds. You've got some good skills and I like the way things are put together. I was hoping to see Sheik Hernandez though :)

Leaving room for Shiek vs Hernandez down the road

• 2 weeks later...

*Show opens with Bruno Sammartino standing at the ramp to make an announcement about the Second Bracket for IC Tournament*

Bruno: Tonight we will have the following matches for the second bracket of the IC Tournament: 

Lanny Poffo vs Bad News Allan

Steven Regal vs David Finley

Jim Neidhart vs Konga the Barbarian

Rick Martel vs Jack Briscoe

Vince: Sounds like we're in for a treat with these matches tonight, what do you think Pat?

Pat: I'm looking forward to Regal vs Finley it should be quite the slugfest

Opening Match: Lanny Poffo vs Bad News Allan

Great back and forth match between Poffo and Allan. 

Match ends with Poffo winning with moonsault from the top rope into a pinning situation

WINNER: Lanny Poffo

Pat: What an impressive opening match with Poffo getting the win

Vince: The fans certainly enjoyed that match if the cheers were any indication. Let's see how the rest of the night progresses....

*Classie Freddie Blassie with Iron Shiek and Hercules Hernandez come out to the ring with Blassie having a mic in his hand*

CFB: Bob Backlund, we are issuing a tag team challenge for the main event tonight, in one corner Iron Sheik and Hercules Hernandez vs You and a partner of your choosing you Pencil Neck Geek!

*Bob Backlund comes out to the top of the entrance ramp with a microphone to respond*

BB: As a fighting champion, you're on..... See you in the Main Event!

*Backlund walks to the back in search of a tag partner, as Blassie, Hernandez and Shiek leave the ring*

Vince: Well this is shaping up to be quite the main event tonight, I wonder who will be in Backlund's corner?

Pat: I guess we'll have to wait until the main event to find out. I can't wait....

Second Match: Steven Regal vs David Finley

A slugfest between Regal and Finley with Regal getting the victory by submission

Winner by Submission: William Regal

Vince: Well looks like it will be Regal vs Poffo in the next round, that should be a good match

Pat: That should be an interesting match up a high flyer vs a brawler

Third Match: Jim Neidhart vs Konga the Barbarian

Neidhart and Barbarian brawl in a great match between two brawlers with Neidhart winning with a schoolboy

Winner by pinfall: Jim Neidhart

Pat: Great slugfest with Neidhart getting the victory

Vince: Yeah, but I don't think things are finished between those two by a longshot

Fourth match: Rick Martel vs Jack Briscoe

Martel and Briscoe wrestle a great technical match with Martel getting the win by submission with the Boston Crab

Winner by Submission: Rick Martel

Vince: Well it looks like it will be Poffo vs Regal and Neidhart vs Martel in the finals of this bracket, do you have an predictions on who will be in this bracket's final?

Pat: Rick Martel is my favorite in this bracket, he looks like he's on fire lately..... but in these kind of tournaments it's anyone's game

*Jim Cornette catches up to Bob Backlund before the Main Event to find out who he chose as a tag partner*

JC: Bob Backlund, is there any update on who you've chosen as your tag partner for tonight as it's coming up to the main event?

BB: Sorry, you'll find out when everyone else does when HE comes out to join me in the ring against Shiek and Hercules Hernandez....

Main Event: Iron Shiek and Hercules Hernandez with Classie Freddie Blassie vs Bob Backlund and ???

*Iron Shiek and Hercules Hernandez with Classie Freddie Blassie make their way to the ring to a chorus of BOOS they are standing in the ring waiting for Bob Backlund and his mystery partner to make their entrance*

*Bob Backlund slowly makes his way to the ring and stops at the bottom of the entrance ramp awaiting the reveal of his tag partner....*

Vince: I wonder who his partner will be? 

Pat: Could be just about anyone in the back at this point..... I'm sure Iron Shiek and Hercules haven't made many friends backstage so far....

*The music hits and out comes Pedro Morales to a chorus of cheers from the crowd*

Pat: IT'S PEDRO....... MORALES! Things are heating up now, this looks to be a great way to end the show

Vince: Yes, current World Champion with a former IC Champ vs the #1 Contender and his tag partner. 

Match begins with Backlund in the ring and Shiek taunting from ringside as Hercules starts in the ring with Backlund. 

Back and forth tag match with Iron Shiek and Hernandez having advantage most of the match due to distractions by Blassie.

Match ends with Iron Shiek making Pedro Morales tap to the Camel Clutch

Winner by Submission: Iron Shiek and Hercules Hernandez

Vince: That was highway robbery with the interference by Blassie

Pat: Well folks, that wraps up the event! Thank you to everyone in attendance and look forward to seeing you at the next event