Pro Wrestling Only

RIP Brazo de Plata (Super Porky)

sek69

cubsfan just tweeted that his death was confirmed tonight, he was in poor health for a while. 

Not only was he part of one of the most famous trios of all time with his brothers, he's also the father of several wrestlers. Not the least of which is the ace of AAA, Psycho Clown.

Psycho Clown mentioned in his comments today that his father died of a heart attack, which he had several of the last few years to the point they were doing Fritz Von Erich style fake heart attack angles with him. 

Porky always reminded me of an alternate universe Terry Funk where instead of having two different careers as a technical wrestler and then a hardcore legend, he went from legendary trios wrestler (to the point it made trios a lucha staple) to being the greatest comedy wrestler there ever was. It was hard for people who only saw the comedy guy to believe the other version existed, but for someone to be that good at two completely different styles it speaks volumes. 

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Porky always reminded me of an alternate universe Terry Funk where instead of having two different careers as a technical wrestler and then a hardcore legend, he went from legendary trios wrestler (to the point it made trios a lucha staple) to being the greatest comedy wrestler there ever was. It was hard for people who only saw the comedy guy to believe the other version existed, but for someone to be that good at two completely different styles it speaks volumes. 

There's also his worked MMA hair match against Rey Escorpion in late 2013 which is basically Pride meets Lucha. The stylistic clash doesn't quite work but Porky looked much more than competent in his role. A very unique match that I think should be experimented with more (provided we don't get more of the Solar/Minoru Suzuki low-blow extravaganza stuff).

I dropped my thoughts in the GWE discord that he's probably not a 100er but, the more I consider his body of work and versatility, I wouldn't be against anyone being really high on him. I actually think I should give him a deeper dive because I am starting to think I can't name anywhere close to 100 guys better than him. He's the best super heavyweight in Mexico by quite a margin, regardless.