Pro Wrestling Only

RIP The Assassin, Jody Hamilton

paul sosnowski

The Assassin was 82 years old

Jody Hamilton Jr. aka Nick Patrick announced the passing of his father, the legendary Assassin, Jody Hamilton this afternoon via social medial, writing:

"It is with heavy heart that I make this post. At 2:16 today my father took his last breath on this earth. He passed comfortably, surrounded by the people that love him. Now our attention has to shift over to taking care of my mom. I want to thank everyone that sent out prayers and support for my family. I will put more information about pop out, but right now I'm kinda numb."

I remember seeing the Fire and the Flame (I think that was the team name) in like Memphis I believe, and was thinking "wow that one guy is pretty good for a bigger guy, wonder if he's someone I should know" and then when they did their promo it was like "oooooooooohhhhh, its the Assassin under a different gimmick". 

13 hours ago, Ricky Jackson said:

All I can say is that the promo/angle he did with Mr Wrestling II from 1980 Georgia is pro wrestling at its finest 

He was a major star in the 60s with the original Assassins tag team. Feuded with Dusty for years and years 

RIP

I was thinking the exact same thing. Very cerebral and condescending but in a money earning way for the promotion. Loved the angle posted above.