Pro Wrestling Only

Four (Singles) Matches In - Punk vs Danielson

Timbo Slice

On 10/26/2021 at 11:26 PM, Matt D said:

I honestly, truly believe that I'd like a potential Punk vs Dustin match more than the Danielson vs Dustin match (which, of course, I did like).

What are your thoughts on this, now that it has happened

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MoS said:

What are your thoughts on this, now that it has happened

I liked the Punk vs Dustin match more than the Danielson vs Dustin match. Way more emotionally resonant. Less about Dustin trying to prove he could keep up with Danielson and more about the two of them milking and maximizing every moment.

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

I liked the Punk vs Dustin match more than the Danielson vs Dustin match. Way more emotionally resonant. Less about Dustin trying to prove he could keep up with Danielson and more about the two of them milking and maximizing every moment.

Thank you for indulging me. I might disagree, but you know I take this seriously. Will your review at Segunda Caida have a more detailed description/comparison?

It makes sense right now for Punk to be positioned in a place to have better matches since he's being built to face the champ (and possibly win), as opposed to Bryan who's main goal right now is getting over the BCC. Bryan's still going to have good matches since it's probably not physically possible for him not to,  but he's not going to be in a top showcase position right now.