Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Rampage - October 22, 2021

sek69

Andrade/Pac was a banger and a half, those guys can't have a bad match together. 

That whole ending segment was FIRE. Black gets a huge pop every time they do the lights out deal, Arn came out to bust some shots, and then FIRED UP Cody to wrap it up.

This entire thing is making the Lucha Bros look like dumbass babyfaces, one of my least favourite wrestling tropes. First they didn't realize it was clearly FTR under those masks in their match, now they didn't realize these crowd masked geeks were not FTR even though they looked nothing like FTR? Fuck out of here with this shit. 

These women's matches need better agents. Too often there seem to be disparate parts in every match, none tied structurally together, weak transitions like the particular one that led to the finisher. I don't know if Britt botched that little Bret-Piper/Austin tribute spot or whether she was always meant to fail, but they did recover from it well. 

Love how Florida is the only place Cody still gets cheers now. That match lost me for a while in the middle but an excellent finishing stretch. I wish PAC the winner hadn't looked like just a setup for Cody though. Arn has clearly decided to embrace the Armed Anderson memes so good for him lol 

Andrade/Pac was great stuff. But, I just don't understand what is going on with the booking. Why are they dicking around with first FTR and now adding Black for no good reason, when Dragon Lee and Dralistico are right there, and set up an obvious trios feud? I get that Pac lives in the UK, and his family is over there, so he's got to travel and that's why he's not around very often. But, what's the reason for Andrade? He could be putting on bangers like this every week, and he's barely used.

I loved the match, but I hated the aftermath. Let Pac get his win and bring out the Lucha Bros to celebrate with him, and end the show with Death Triangle standing tall. Cody and Black was totally shoehorned in, and they could have easily done that during a promo or something instead of stealing the spotlight.