Pro Wrestling Only

Stories With Brisco & Bradshaw

Still, by far, my favorite wrestling podcast going today. I could have sworn we had a thread for this one, but I guess it was just comments here and there in other threads...

Anyway, I started going back and filling in the gaps with episodes I'd missed along the way. There's too many tremendous stories to mention or recommend, and a lot of them can't be done justice without hearing them told in the right context. But I highly recommend seeking some of these out if you ever want a change of pace from your regular rotation.

Don't let Bradshaw's reputation fool you. The guy is simply a BLAST as a host here. This show is light and loose, easy listening.

I've heard Ken Shamrock on a number of shows, but his appearance here was his absolute best. It's PACKED wall to wall with engaging, interesting stories. His whole life and background gets covered. And, while informative for anyone unaware, it's also super fun. Shamrock never skims on details, stops to tell neat anecdotes, and pretty much covers all ground.

There's a comment about Ken's life being ready made for a movie or BOATS mini-series, and now I need a jacked up Jon Bernthal playing Shamrock on some streaming service. Tell me I'm wrong.

On a Charlie Haas episode I also listened to, Bradshaw talks about how he and Ron Simmons went back and reported how some of the developmental guys were being mistreated by promoters in Memphis around the time the Haas Brothers were there. He claims this ultimately led to WWE switching priorities and shutting down their developmental deal with Mempho. Is this common knowledge or known to be a contributing factor from back then? I was just curious.

So yeah. There's just sooo much good stuff in each episode here. Your enjoyment and engagement may vary, based on the guests and everything obviously. But there's always plenty of laughs and good times to hear about, which just makes this one among the very best of the bunch for me.

• SomethingSavage changed the title to Stories With Brisco & Bradshaw
  • 4 months later...

Its took me a while but i think this is probably the best podcast out of the lot at this point. Much more relaxed atmosphere than most, as said above, hosts are surprisingly great 

Some unexpected really good guests as well. Had a few big drives recently and just so easy to go through two or three of these. Great show

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope people are listening to this somewhere, it's so good

The last five- Zybysko, John Nord, Ottman, Embry, Al Perez- have been some of the best wrestling podcasts I've heard probably since the old Austin ones, the Embry one especially shedding a lot of light on things that i never thought would be clarified

It has made me feel pretty old in a lot of ways but that's not really a bad thing. Easily the best podcast about these days