Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - 7/12 - 7/15

Timbo Slice

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/16/2023 at 7:28 AM, WingedEagle said:

Did I miss something late in the third fall that caused FTR to simultaneously drop their sharpshooters?  It seemed out of nowhere with White & Juice making no effort to break the holds and felt too early for a simple sell from them.  It was the only part of the match that felt wonky but stood out to me.  Outside of that?  Yeah, another legit classic and very possibly superior to last week.

Bald's leg gave out. Hair was clutching his neck afterward, so I think the idea was that the earlier work done on it combined with fatigue caused it to flare up.

I finally got around to watching the tag match. Like most non-Punk AEW matches, it placed too much emphasis on workrate and high-risk spots for my tastes. Not to mention spending the first ten minutes or so doing headlocks and armdrags after Ian Riccaboni tried to sell it as a match rooted in hatred. However, I did get a kick out of Bullet Club Gold doing old Revival spots like Juice pulling Hair off the apron to prevent the tag and Jay and Juice clasping hands to prevent each other from tapping out. I also popped for Jay tuning up the band in Calgary.

Commentary aside, I thought the more methodical opening made sense. It’s a 2/3 falls match; nobody wants to make the first mistake.

I actually thought the weakest part of the match was near the beginning of third fall, where the action spilled outside to the crowd. It just felt like a weird diversion for the match that ended up slowing things down a bit too much. Even with that, though, I’d still say it was the best tag match and TV match in AEW history.

3 hours ago, The Man in Blak said:

Commentary aside, I thought the more methodical opening made sense. It’s a 2/3 falls match; nobody wants to make the first mistake.

I actually thought the weakest part of the match was near the beginning of third fall, where the action spilled outside to the crowd. It just felt like a weird diversion for the match that ended up slowing things down a bit too much. Even with that, though, I’d still say it was the best tag match and TV match in AEW history.

Agreed. The spot were they had to get a doctor was weird as hell. Its my only "gripe" with the match too.