Pro Wrestling Only

Pre-Set Rosters for The 1996 Project

2 hours ago, Perfectly Straightedge said:

So if you choose you can exempt 2 more people cause the managers are up to three free

I'm good with those exemptions. I mostly wanted to keep the core of my main event guys and a solid base for the Cruiserweight division. The rest, I think I can do with what I can grab during the draft.

Obviously, I am running a W*ING show and Kevin Sullivan was going to be a top, if not my first draft pick.

Yeah, sorry for ruining your plans :lol:

2 hours ago, Perfectly Straightedge said:

Dang the nWo is what shocked me the most. No Hall and Nash you just changed the entire trajectory of WCW 

Wanna try something different. I mostly want the 4 Horsemen to be the core villains of WCW. I'll see how the draft will shape up with what I can pick but I definitely wanna look at going in another direction than the NWO, if possible.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, everybody, I haven't heard anything from Mr.JMML. So I am going to consider his whole roster exempt. That means he will keep everyone that's on his roster.

We will go ahead and set up the draft now. I have already added all the names from the PWI Top 500 to the list; the talent missing was Japanese talent like Misawa and those superstars. So if you want to draft them, you can. You are more than welcome if a name isn't on the list and you want to draft them, then you can also do that. I don't want to put handcuffs on us as writers. With this list, we could easily get more writers and more people into the game. So if you know anyone, now is the time.

That said, I updated my roster and added some others into the draft pool, exempting 14 superstars. I will probably regret it, but it is what is, as they always say. lol

Manager - Beulah McGillicutty
Little Guido
New Jack

Mustafa
Pitbull #1
Pitbull #2
The Sandman

10 hours ago, SirEdger said:

I'm good with those exemptions. I mostly wanted to keep the core of my main event guys and a solid base for the Cruiserweight division. The rest, I think I can do with what I can grab during the draft.

Yeah, sorry for ruining your plans :lol:

Wanna try something different. I mostly want the 4 Horsemen to be the core villains of WCW. I'll see how the draft will shape up with what I can pick but I definitely wanna look at going in another direction than the NWO, if possible.

I like it, and I am here for it! I always thought once The nWo came into the fold that it basically put The Horsemen as obsolete. So I am very excited about it. 

• 2 weeks later...

With SMW Revival taking off, I came up with another preset roster that could be of interest to a new member, Stampede Revival.

The WWF has Bret, Owen and Neidhart and there's a lot of history with the promotion. Jericho and Storm also competed in Stampede. I would have fun writing for Stu Hart in this scenario.

Stampede Wrestling

Owner: Stu Hart

Alexander Arafat
Bad News Allen (retired May of '99)    
Beef Wellington    
Bertha Faye
Big Titan (Fake Razor Ramon)
Buddy Lee Parker
Bruce Hart
Carl LeDuc    
Cuban Assassin    
Dean Durrango    
Dr. Zhivago
Dynamite Kid (retired in October of 1996 but still could get a few months of shows until the end of the year)
Gama Singh    
Greg Polyck    
Harry Smith (ruled ineligible by @Perfectly Straightedge but Cagematch lists him)    
Jason Helton    
Jason Neidhart
Jerry Morrow    
Johnny Devine (1997 rookie class)
Johnny Smith
Jordan Clark    
Keith Hart    
Ken Johnson    
Kerwin Bostyk    
Matthew Annis    
Mike Anthony (Bastion Booger)   
Mike Sharpe (retired in 1997)