SMOKY MOUNTAIN WRESTLING TV
July 17th 1986
East High School, Morristown, Tennessee
– Show begins with a highlight package looking at last weeks debut with Charlie Platt and Rick Shaw narrating what we are seeing before we go to the traditional Smoky opening.
– Charlie Platt and Rick Stewart are calling the action, they welcome us to the show as we are once again at the East High School in Morristown, Tennessee. Charlie and Rick run down todays show featuring, The Sheepherders and Roy Lee Welch in action. Also we will see Adrian Street with Ms. Linda taking on SD Jones and in the Main Event Feature contest it will be Hustler Rip Rogers taking on Marc Rocco. We go to the ring as we see The Sheepherders make there way to the ring,
– The Sheepherders vs Ken Reese/Jim Scott (Jobbers) -
The bell rings, Reese starts with Luke who comes into trouble quickly. Off to Boyd who snap mares Reese down a few times to keep him in trouble. Tag back to Luke who holds Reese for some more punishment from Boyd. This is total dominance so far. Reese finally reverses an Irish whip and tags Scott but Luke beats him down almost immediately. They hit the Battering Ram that puts Raper down and they quickly follow up double knee drop for the pin.
– We then go to pre-recorded comments from Chief Jay Strongbow who has a message for Downtown Bruno and the Moondogs. Strongbow informs us that he has spoke with Commissioner Fritz Von Erich and in two weeks, when he is fully recovered from the attack, on Smoky Mountain TV we will See the Moondogs taking on Chief Jay Strongbow and a tag partner of his choosing.
We then see a second video package hyping the debut of the Von Erich Cousins, Mike and Lance Next Week.
Charlie and Rick hype the tag match for next week and wonder who Strongbow could have as a partner. They also express their excitement that the Von Erichs are coming to Smoky Mountain next week. They also hype tonight’s main event between Hustler Rip Rogers taking on Marc Rocco. Before we go to the ring for our next contest Charlie Platt interviews Roy Lee Welch and asks him about what happened last week. Welch tells Charlie that theres a history between himself and Ron Wright and that Wright is using the Mongolian Stomper to do his dirty work cause hes not got the guts to. Welch challenges the Mongolian Stomper to match. We then Go to the ring for our next contest.
Roy Lee Welch vs Jeff Stones (Jobber)
Roy Lee Welch is over big time with the crowd as he makes his way to the ring. Nothing special simple squash to show off Welch’s skills. Post match see’s The Mongolian Stomper runs to the ring and attacks Welch as Ron Wright stands in the corner telling Stomper what to do. 3 jobs come to try and make the save but Stomper lays them all out with help from Wright. However just as they start to attack Welch again The Harts, Sd Jones and Marc Rocco make the save chasing off Wright and Stomper.
– Charlie and Rick recap what we just saw before welcoming the Commissioner Fritz Von Erich to the announce desk. Fritz tells us that on Friday July 30th at the at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum at Smoky Mountain Summer Blast we will see a huge 8 man 1night tournament to crown the first Smoky Mountain Heavyweight champion and the following what we have seen over the last couple of weeks between the Mongolian Stomper and Roy Lee Welch they will clash in the opening round of the Tournament. Other first Round Matches will see, Al Madril taking on Hustler Rip Rogers, Adrian Street will go 1 on 1 against the debuting Pretty Young Thing Koko B.Ware and the final first round match will see Marc Rollerball Rocco taking on the also debuting Cuban Assassin Fidel Sierra. Also on that night as promised we will crown the Smoky Mountain Tag Team Champions by way of a 1 night 4 team tournament. Those first round matches will be next week.
– Rick is joined by Downtown Bruno and asks him about what happened last week. Bruno tells him that he is sick of Strongbow and what he stands for and that when he put his hands on him he crossed the line and in doing so it enraged his second Moondog. He then welcomes both Moondogs to the desk and officially calls him Moondog Morretti. Rick then asks him about the match that had been made for 2 weeks time as his Moondogs will take on the team of Chief Jay Strongbow and a partner of his choosing, Bruno says it doesn’t matter who he finds the result will be the same and it will be the Moondogs coming out victorious. Rick then asks Bruno about the fact that only 1 of his teams are in the Tag title Tournament. Bruno refuses to answer the question and walks off followed by the Moondogs.
Adrian Street(w/Ms. Linda) vs S.D. Jones
Street spends the first couple of minutes of the match completely avoiding Jones until he’s able to catche Jones off guard with an arm drag. Street works the arm and Jones reverses to his own armbar, but Street takes him down with a headscissors and Jones gets a headlock. Street comes back and they trade shots until Street pulls a dropkick out of nowhere. Jones puts him down with a headbutt. Jones with an atomic drop and he goes back to a headlock, Street reverses into a hammerlock this time and Jones pounds away with forearms forcing Street to break the hold. Jones send Street to the ropes, Jones leans forward but instead of hitting the intended move Street rolls him up for a 3 count and the match.
Street and Ms. Linda celebrates the victory much to the hatred of the crowd who show their dislike for the pair.
– Fritz is standing by with Charlie and Rick. Fritz announces that tickets are selling fast for the Summer Blast event. Fritz also announces that the only way to see all the action from the Summer Blast event is to be there in person. Fritz then gives us the run down for next weeks card that will see the debut of his son Mike and nephew Lance Von Erich, also in action will be, The Nightmares along with in singles action, Al Madril and the debuting young talent Savio Vega. Then of course the huge main event of the Moondogs taking on Chief Jay Strongbow and a mystery partner. Fritz also makes it clear that should Ron Wright and the Mongolian Stomper pull anything like they did earlier in the show again they will both be heavily fined and maybe even suspended.
Up next is the featured main event match pitting Hustler Rip Rogers against Marc Rolloerball Rocco.
Marc Rolloerball Rocco vs. “Hustler” Rip Rogers
Rocco gets a decent reception from the live crowd as Rogers gets boo’ed out of the building. The bell rings and we get a lockup into the ropes and Rogers complains about a hair pull. They trade waist-locks and grappling on the canvas. Back-and-forth with hammer-locks until Rocco takes Rogers down into an arm-bar. Rogers with a knee to the midsection and a side headlock, but Rocco quickly counters back to the arm-bar. Whip to the ropes and Rocco with a right hook. Rogers uses a hair pull to counter a headlock with a head scissors. Rocco rolls over to regain control of the hold. Whip to the corner and Rogers dumps Rocco to the floor. Rogers follows, coming off the top with a double axe-handle. Back inside, Rogers with a slam. He goes to the top again and hits another axe-handle for two. He tries to suplex Rocco onto the concrete, but Rocco counters, bringing him in from the apron. Rocco with rights, sending Rogers to the floor, and follows him out with a tope suicida. Rogers rakes the eyes and goes for a piledriver on the floor, but Rocco counters with a back drop. Back inside, they reverse whips, do a crisscross, and meet in the middle, both going for a leap frog. Rocco with a shoulder to the midsection and sunset flip. Rogers hangs onto the ropes for as long as he can, but Rocco eventually muscles him over, and that gets three at 7:15. The crowd goes wild as Rocco celebrates and Rogers protests with the referee that he licked out, the ref is having none of it and raises Rocco’s hand.
We go to Charlie and Rick who recap the show and preview next weeks huge show and promote the Summer Blast event, as they are joined by Marc Rocco, promises that his win here today is just the start for him in Smoky Mountain and that on July 30th at Summer Blast he will become the first Smoky Mountain Heavyweight champion.