Pro Wrestling Only

Rebooking TNA From Day 1.

jeff5819

Having recently signed up to the newly renamed TNA+ partly due to always having a liking for TNA and partly due to finding the fantastic Cross the Line TNA podcast in which they are reviewing all TNA shows starting from the very beginning. I got me thinking and have decided to do my own rebooking of TNA from Day 1.

I have set myself some rules because although this is fantasy rebooking I also want to keep it realistic.

The following NWA titles will be used and the starting champions (who were the champions at the time of the first PPV.);

• NWA World Heavyweight Champion - 'The Beast' Dan Severn
  • NWA World Tag Team Champions - The Shane Twins (Mike and Todd Shane) (w/Mortimer Plumtree)
  • NWA National Champion - Hotstuff Hernandez
  • NWA X-Division Title - Champion to be crowned.

Only wrestlers not under contract else were can be used, but i can use the for as long as i want.

I will also be using Xplosion as my syndicated show to help promote the Weekly PPV's along with further some stories and showcasing some talent.

Here is the roster I will be using from the start;

• Ken Shamrock
  • Jeff Jarrett
  • Buff Bagwell
  • Scott Hall
  • Steve Corino
  • CW Anderson
  • Shane Douglas
  • Sabu
  • Apollo
  • Sonny Siaki
  • Ron Killings
  • Brian Christopher
  • Monty Brown
  • AJ Styles
  • Jerry Lynn
  • Homicide
  • Amazing Red
  • Kid Romeo
  • Shark Boy
  • Jimmy Yang
  • CM Punk
  • Chris Candido
  • Bryan Danielson
  • Psicosis
  • The Prophecy (Christopher Daniels, Low Ki, Elix Skipper)
  • America's Most Wanted (James Storm, Chris Harris)
  • Diamonds in the Rough (Simon Diamond, Johnny Swinger)
  • Los Maximo's (Joel & Jose Maximo)
  • The Naturals (Chase Stevens, Andy Douglas)
  • The Briscoe's (Mark & Jay Briscoe)
  • Bad Street Boys (Christian York, Joey Matthews)
  • Road Warriors (Hawk, Animal)
  • Rainbow Express (Bruce, Lodi, Lenny) (w/Joel Gertner)
  • The Dupps (Stan & Bo Dupp) (w/Fluff Dupp)
  • Rick Steiner & Stevie Ray

Hope everyone likes what I do with this project and look forward to seeing your comments.

NWA-TNA Weekly PPV #1
Wednesday June 19th 2002
Von Braun Center, Huntsville, Alabama

1. The Prophecy (Elix Skipper, Christopher Daniels & Low Ki) defeated Psicosis, Jerry Lynn, and Jimmy Yang (6:20)
  2. NWA World Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Tournament 1st Round - America’s Most Wanted (James Storm & Chris Harris) defeated Los Maximo’s (Joel & Jose Maximo) (6:52)
  3. NWA World Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Tournament 1st Round - The Road Warriors (Hawk & Animal) defeated The Dupps (Bo Dupp and Stan Dupp) (w/ Fluff Dupp) (3:41)
  4. NWA National Title #1 Contenders Match Fatal Four Way - Chris Candido defeated Stevie Ray, Apollo & CW Anderson (8.45)
  5. NWA World Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Tournament 1st Round - Diamonds in the Rough (Johnny Swinger & Simon Diamond) defeated The Naturals (Andy Douglas & Chase Stevens) (7:35)
  6. Gauntlet for the Gold 20 Man Gauntlet Stage 1 - Ken Shamrock & Steve Corino defeated Jeff Jarrett, Buff Bagwell, Shane Douglas, Sonny Siaki, Slash, AJ Styles, Sabu, CM Punk, Homicide, Monty Brown, Doug Williams, Malice, Amazing Red, Tempest, Ron Killings, Rick Steiner, Bryan Danielson, Scott Hall (30:56) 
  7. Gauntlet for the Gold 20 Man Gauntlet Stage 2 - Ken Shamrock defeated Steve Corino (7.35)

Match Notes

• Jarrett makes his way to the ring during Toby Keith’s performance of Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue, pushing past Keith on his way. Only for Keith to jump in the ring and attack Jarrett before helping Buff eliminate him. 
  • Scott Hall and Malice eliminate each other and brawl to the back.
  • After Norman Smiley eliminated Brian Christopher a sour Christopher reaches up and pull out Smiley and lays him out on the floor.

Show Notes

• Show begins with Mike Tenay and Don West making the announcement that over the next 2 weeks we will determine the number 1 contenders for all the 3 Major Titles in the NWA. Starting tonight with the first round of the Tag Team tournament. As well as the debut of a special 2 stage Gauntlet for the Gold match in which 20 men will fight it out in a Royal Rumble style match with the last two competitors in the ring immediately facing off in a traditional one on one match to determine the Number one contender for the NWA World champion.
  • The X-Division 6 Man Tag opening contest is followed by an NWA legends presentation and announcement that the new NWA president is Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat, which is interrupted by Jeff Jarrett who says that he should have been given the first shot against NWA World Champion Dan Severn instead of going through this crap Gauntlet. Due to his interruption Steamboat makes him the number 1 entrant.
  • Brian Christopher interrupts a backstage interview with Norman Smiley saying his big wiggle is nothing compared to his dance skills. The two argue before agreeing to a match on the debut edition of Xplosion.
  • We hear from Father James Mitchell and the Disciples of the New Church who promise to wreak havoc on TNA starting tonight in the Gauntlet for the Gold.
  • We see a video package highlighting some of the talent set to be featured in the X-Division.
  • Ricky Steamboat makes huge Tag Match Main Event for week as it will be NWA World Tag Team Champions The Shane Twins (w/Mortimer Plumtree) taking on NWA National Champion Hotstuff Hernandez and NWA World Champion Dan Severn.

NWA-TNA Xplosion #1
Saturday 22nd 2002
Von Braun Center, Huntsville, Alabama

1. NWA World Tag Team Title #1 Contenders Tournament 1st Round - The Briscoes defeated The Rainbow Express (Lenny Lane & Lodi) (9:57)
  2. Rick Steiner defeated David Young (4:16)
  3. AJ Styles defeated Frank Parker (2:46)
  4. Brian Christopher defeated Norman Smiley (6:45)

Show Notes

• We see highlights of the altercation between Brian Christopher and Norman Smiley which set up tonight’s main event.
  • We get the run down for this coming weeks PPV, which will include the contract signing between Ken Shamrock and the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Dan Severn.
  • We see exclusive footage of the backstage brawl between Scott Hall and Malice from Wednesday along with the announcement of Scott Hall taking on Malice this coming Wednesday,