Pro Wrestling Only

That's How You Do a Suprise Ending...

Strummer

Agreed. That result explains the booking in the Orton/Hardy match, they had to put Orton over strong to bring him back into the feud with Cena as a strong champion.

And to hell with Keith. I thought the JBL/Jericho match was really well done, save that botched bulldog.

Man, Cena is not human. How can you come back from a pec tear that fast? Granted he wasn't in there long, but coming back that soon is just crazy.

At any rate, I was saying to some friends that Cena's so far beyond almost everyone on the roster right now it's scary. He's awfully close to that Rock/Hogan level of greatest performers in WWF/E history if he isn't already there.

Jericho/JBL looks sickly beautiful from some handheld shots I saw of it. Too bad for a steam-loosening botch somewhere along that line, as written. Will have to watch it, see how bad is it.

I assume you did not see it. It occurred during Jericho's comeback, after he was bleeding heavily. He went for a bulldog, missed, and JBL sold it anyway. (Note that I'm not blaming JBL for anything, from his angle he likely did not see how bad it looked.) The crowd of course jumped on it, and since it was at a crucial juncture in the match it took the two a bit of effort to get the crowd back in. To their credit, they did.

I'm curious to see what kind of camera angle they use to cover it up on dvd, ala Austin/Trump.

Speaking of JBL/Jericho, How come no one is expressing outrage over the unprotected chairshot JBL took and the whole strangling angle?

I think because JBL hasn't wrestled in a year and a half; it is not like he takes these kind of risks all the time. There is likely some bravado at work, especially if you believe the locker room stories of JBL. Ideally you cut risks like that down to a bare minimum, but in professional wrestling we'll never see them eliminated entirely.

As for the strangling, I think some people have gotten upset, but it's not exactly a program that lends itself to sensitivity.

I watched Orton/Hardy again, liked it much better the second time around. It seemed like they were trying to recreate the vibe from Angle/Benoit five years ago, giving Orton the clean win but making Hardy's effort look strong. Especially when they showed Hardy post-match. The problem was that the crowd heat just wasn't there. Give them the same match and a hot crowd and that comes off completely different.

Well, whose fault is it that they didn't get the crowd involved? Isn't that what their job is? Plus the crowd seemed amped for other stuff all night, it just happened to be that Hardy/Orton didn't vibe for them for whatever reason. Myself, I thought while the RKO out of nowhere was great, that they didn't do enough to establish Hardy as a real threat to win the belt throughout the match, and I don't think anybody bought Hardy as a challenger in that spot, even with the big wins he had pulled off. I enjoyed the match, but it's as much Orton and Hardy's fault that the crowd wasn't hot for their match as anything else.

Well, whose fault is it that they didn't get the crowd involved? Isn't that what their job is? Plus the crowd seemed amped for other stuff all night, it just happened to be that Hardy/Orton didn't vibe for them for whatever reason. Myself, I thought while the RKO out of nowhere was great, that they didn't do enough to establish Hardy as a real threat to win the belt throughout the match, and I don't think anybody bought Hardy as a challenger in that spot, even with the big wins he had pulled off. I enjoyed the match, but it's as much Orton and Hardy's fault that the crowd wasn't hot for their match as anything else.

Normally yes. It was an odd crowd though, they booed Rey Mysterio right out of the curtain.

One thing I noticed, the production values seemed off this time around. They missed a couple of entrances (like Chuck Palumbo's), and the live shot missed Undertaker leg-dropping Snitsky through a table. It's odd as live production is one thing WWE always does right. Perhaps it was produced for HD and certain things come out wrong for us stone-age SD users?