Pro Wrestling Only

Pat Patterson v Gerald Brisco - Evening Gown HC

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

These words perfectly sum up what was without a doubt one of the most embarrassing matches in wrestling history, and a match that was a complete disgrace, not only because it portrayed wrestling in the most embarrassing light possible, but because the two men involved were wrestling greats, one an undoubted Hall Of Fame candidate, and deserved so much better than this utter farce.

Patterson is well beyond the candidate phase. He IS in the WWE Hall, and the Wrestling Observer Hall.

One question. The comedy match likely has its place in wrestling. In what situation is it apropriate? What were the better comedy matches in wrestling history?

My personal favorite is probably Bobby Eaton against Jim Cornette and Jimmy Hart in Memphis. They defeat Eaton and win some huge purse, which Lawler intercepts, throwing all the money out into the crowd. I also like the '95 J-Cup when Damian and ... someone ... where they're doing a parody of All Japan main events.

Guest Hunter's Torn Quad

I also like the '95 J-Cup when Damian and ... someone ... where they're doing a parody of All Japan main events.

Gran Naniwa.

The Candido matches from IWA that were talked about in his thread over at that other board were hysterical. Michinoku Pro usually has the market cornered in comedy matches, with Osaka Pro having Ebessan for comedy greatness.

The comedy match certainly has its place in wrestling. The key is that the comedy has to actually be funny.