Pro Wrestling Only

Bracket #2, Round #2, Match #1

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end tomorrow morning at the latest. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Guest The Man in Blak

Mr. Perfect

Let's set aside their second runs through the company, which were equally terrible. Warrior was managed to have great feuds with Savage and Rude, headlined a Wrestlemania, and was on the cover of a WWE video game. He easily has a more distinguished career than Hennig, who floated around the upper card as a foil to Hogan in the early 90's but, ultimately, never got past IC level.

The only problem with all of that is that Warrior really didn't have anything to do with much of his success. He was the ultimate guilty pleasure as an interview, but the entirety of his push (and his in-ring "work") came about from his look and his gimmick, respectively. Yes, he participated in great matches, but they were either complete carryjobs or were so ridiculously scripted that they only thing they were missing was somebody sitting in a director's chair outside of the ring, screaming "ACTION!" The WWF looked at him and saw somebody who had almost as many muscles as Hogan and determined that he would be the next to carry the company. And he failed.

Hennig contributed both in the ring and on the stick. He put together two phenomenal matches with Bret Hart, one of which was done with an injured back that would have prompted other workers to lose their smile. He had a memorable feud with Ric Flair towards the end of his first WWF run, which was started by one of the better face turns that I've ever seen. He did hit the uppercard and, even though he never held the World Title, he could have been considered the top heel in the company in the early 90s. He also contributed as a manager/assistant, contributing a "perfect" interference run during the Savage/Flair match at Wrestlemania VII.

Mr. Perfect

MiB summed it up nicely. Warrior was a superstar for a very short period of time, while Hennig was a star for a longer period of time. I'll take consistently over a really hard crash and burn any day of the week.

Mr. Perfect

I'm basing this decision mostly on workrate. I also have generally liked heels moreso than babyfaces. I think Mr. Perfect had one of the greatest entrances of all-time and his finisher was a lot more established than pretty much any move that WARRIOR did. Hennig destroys WARRIOR on the microphone too.

Guest Bruiser Chong

Perfect.

Warrior was insanely over at one point, but he couldn't rise to the occassion when he got his shot at the top.