Pro Wrestling Only

Bracket #2, Round #2, Match #6

Loss

Vote for the wrestler that you think had the better career in WWE (whether you base that on impact or match quality is your decision), from 1985 to 2005. Voting will end tomorrow evening at the latest. Please give the wrestler's name first and any explanation thereafter. Thanks.

Guest The Man in Blak

Christian

Almost all of Mysterio's noteworthy work lies outside of the WWF. Christian, on the other hand, has had a much longer career in the company, has contributed in both singles and tags, and is a plus interview.

Rey Misterio Jr

Christian has had a longer run, but the idea that Rey isn't as good now as he used to be isn't one I really agree with all that much, as his match with Chavo at the '04 Bash was better than 95% of his work in WCW, he had a great match with Eddy on Smackdown last year, and he's been positioned as a draw for about 12 months now, and he and Eddy, along with Cena, have been the only thing keeping their brand afloat. If the belt was put on him, it would draw money, because he brings in fans -- sports fans typically love him because he's so athletic, casual fans love him because he's so unique and he sells merchandise out the wazoo right now and his quarter hour ratings are very high.

I tend to think that if they're patient with Christian's upcoming main event push against John Cena that it will work out very well, but Christian is not the worker Rey is; his peaks in the company, while they are there, aren't as high as Rey's peaks; and he's never been put in a position to lure in new fans. He has had really good tag runs with both Edge and Chris Jericho, but he's spent so much time floundering and only just now does he seem to be moving toward reaching his potential. If we did this tournament again in five years, it would probably be closer than it already is, because I consider both among the next wave of top stars.

Christian

Rey blows too many spots for my liking. Not only that but most of his memorable matches, at least to me, didn't come from WWE. They were in WCW & ECW. At least the good matches that he's been in that I've seen.

I like Christian's gimmick matches. Almost all of the TLC matches are memorable. He takes good bumps too. I can't overlook his run with E&C either. That shit was gold. When Angle got thrown into the mix, it was even better!

Guest teke184

Rey Misterio Jr.

Rey's done more in his role as a single than Christian has and Rey did probably as much as Christian did as a tag guy in less time.

Lets see...

Just for shits and giggles, let me list a few notable Rey matches

Rey v. Eddie (several times)

Rey v. Angle (several times)

Edge and Rey v. Angle and Benoit (No Mercy)

More SD! 6 matches

Rey v. JBL

Rey v. Chavo (One great match and one good match of note)

Rey and Kidman v. WGTT (Vengeance 2003)

Future World Champion :)

Christian...

TLC Matches

Funny interview

Um... what else?

Rey Mysterio

His singles work in WWE blows Christian's away. Actually now that I think of it, his tag work with Edge against Benoit/Angle and the Guerreros is better than E & C's tag work. I don't rate TLC matches. ;)