Pro Wrestling Only

WO News and Notes

Guest Some Guy

He may not have seen this, but I'm sure that will be fine, WP.

I didn't see it.

WP, you can do with it as you please. If you want I'll type up the first few paragraphs of the article that I skipped.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He may not have seen this, but I'm sure that will be fine, WP.

I didn't see it.

WP, you can do with it as you please. If you want I'll type up the first few paragraphs of the article that I skipped.

That's because I edited my post.

Sure. What are the first few paragraphs about? I feel bad about making you type that whole thing out already.

I owe you man. Don't feel obligated or anything though.

Guest Some Guy

Don't worry about it, if I was transcibing the HHH article that preceeds it I would expect something out of it though. :)

Here you go:

Anyone who's ever watched Chris Benoit in the ring knows he is one of the most intense athletes ever to compete, and the same can be said of his work ethic inside the gym. The former World Heavyweight Champion constantly pushes his body to the limit with a rigorous workout regimen fit only for a "Rabid Wolverine."

Had it not been for extensive training and preperation, the "Canandian Crippler" might never have had the stamina to out-wrestle Shawn Michaels and Triple H as Wrestlemania XX, outlast "The Game" in a 60-minute Iron Man Match, eliminate the gigantic Big Show from the Royal Rumble, or make Kane tap out to the Crippler Crossface.

Watching Benoit in action, it's obvious that he is one of tge strongest and best-conditioned Superstars in WWE. His knfie-edge chops frequently break the skin of opponents' chests, his powerful leg propel him halfway across the ring to execute flying headbutts, and he can easily deliver 10 consecutive rolling German suplexes before sinking in one of his many submission holds. And he's been able to accomplish all of these feats because he takes his training just as seriously as his ring work.

"I beleive the way I train helps me with my intensity in the ring," says Benoit, as he pauses to catch his breath during a break in a recent workout. "I feel that it helps my endurance, and it allows me to go harder in the ring," he says. "I like to pride myself on my technical abilities, so for me to go out there, and not have the wind to keep up with someone, that's my worst nightmare. That's why I always try to maintain peak physical condition (in terms of cardio). In fact, if I had the choice between just doing weights and just doing cardio, I'd choose cardio."

Don't worry about it, if I was transcibing the HHH article that preceeds it I would expect something out of it though.  :)

Here you go:

Anyone who's ever watched Chris Benoit in the ring knows he is one of the most intense athletes ever to compete, and the same can be said of his work ethic inside the gym.  The former World Heavyweight Champion constantly pushes his body to the limit with a rigorous workout regimen fit only for a "Rabid Wolverine." 

Had it not been for extensive training and preperation, the "Canandian Crippler" might never have had the stamina to out-wrestle Shawn Michaels and Triple H as Wrestlemania XX, outlast "The Game" in a 60-minute Iron Man Match, eliminate the gigantic Big Show from the Royal Rumble, or make Kane tap out to the Crippler Crossface.

Watching Benoit in action, it's obvious that he is one of tge strongest and best-conditioned Superstars in WWE.  His knfie-edge chops frequently break the skin of opponents' chests, his powerful leg propel him halfway across the ring to execute flying headbutts, and he can easily deliver 10 consecutive rolling German suplexes before sinking in one of his many submission holds.  And he's been able to accomplish all of these feats because he takes his training just as seriously as his ring work.

"I beleive the way I train helps me with my intensity in the ring," says Benoit, as he pauses to catch his breath during a break in a recent workout. "I feel that it helps my endurance, and it allows me to go harder in the ring," he says.  "I like to pride myself on my technical abilities, so for me to go out there, and not have the wind to keep up with someone, that's my worst nightmare.  That's why I always try to maintain peak physical condition (in terms of cardio).  In fact, if I had the choice between just doing weights and just doing cardio, I'd choose cardio."

Thanks again. Must be an echo in here or something. Myself, I would go with the weights if given a choice between the two because you can improve your muscle and cardio with the weights but the cardio alone really doesn't add any muscle.

How are your legs holding up from all those Hindu squats?

They're pretty sore as I'm not used to those super high repitions but not really close to some ot the other times I've done some intense leg training in my youth.

I don't train my legs as hard as I used to because it wasn't as effecient in trying to gain mass/strength. Plus the gym I go to sucks now.

The Hindu squats would be nothing though compared to the intense (there's a big difference between intense and just working out) 15 to 18 sets of leg work with 30 second rest intervals.

If someone wants to try something for fun that'll totally annihilate them try this. Take a weight you can squat 10 reps to failure with.

Now you're going to take theat weight and try to do as close to 20 reps as you can. How might you ask? Breahting squats. The difference is you pause at the top and take 3 to 5 or even more BIG breaths of air before descending into the squat. This will allow you to do more reps than you can normally do.

After that, immediatly strip down the weight and keep on going. This will be an experience you'll never, ever forget for your whole life.

Of course, I don't reccomend someone doing this right out of the blue or if you want to stay sane. Learn proper technique, have a couple of spotters and have some training experience. This is just something you can do if you have the Mick Foley syndrome of want ing to destroy your body.