Pro Wrestling Only

WO News and Notes

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

News on Molly Holly leaving the company: Molly went to Vince and asked for one year off. She wanted to spend more time with her new niece and go to church on a regular basis. Vince said she was more than welcome to return to the company in a year if she desired. She never had any problem putting over Hemme since people put her over when she was getting a push.

Somehow I think this is completely kayfabed. I can't imagine Molly not having a problem with having to put over talentless Diva sluts, and I can't imagine Vince being so gracious as to let someone out of theor contract to attend church regularly.

Jim Ross is still bothered by problem because of the potato punch that HHH gave him on the 4/18 RAW.

Obviously this HHH guy can't work main event style, he should be jobbing on Heat.

-Meltz suggests getting a tape of the 4/30 OVW show. During the show the Heartbreakers come out for an interview and in Meltz's own words "WWE HAS SCREWED UP WHAT WOULD APPEAR TO BE AN UNSCREWABLE ACT BEYOND BELIEF".

Anyone who's surprised they botched the Heartbreakers hasn't been paying attention the last couple years.

Somehow I think this is completely kayfabed. I can't imagine Molly not having a problem with having to put over talentless Diva sluts, and I can't imagine Vince being so gracious as to let someone out of theor contract to attend church regularly.

I read somewhere that another reason was she was only clearing 50k a year after expenses and was unhappy about it.

WWE is often damned if they do and damned if they don't. I could see it now.

"Morale was low on the recent International tour as management took the open bar away from the wrestlers and encouraged them not to drink. The feeling was that they're away from their families for long periods of time and that they aren't being given a viable way to have fun and stay relaxed with management breathing over them at all times."

You know that's what would be reported.

Guest Some Guy

"Morale was low on the recent International tour as management took the open bar away from the wrestlers and encouraged them not to drink. The feeling was that they're away from their families for long periods of time and that they aren't being given a viable way to have fun and stay relaxed with management breathing over them at all times."

Scroll down a little and the report would say:

"Furthermore, there were few instances of stupid behavior on the part of the boys. Randy Orton didn't shit in someone's bag and no diva had a Bloody Mary poured on her head. There are no imopending suspensions or dispilinary actions planned, despite the workers all whining this was the best behavior that has been exhibited on a foriegn tour in years. When questioned, a WWE employee, who doesn't wish to be named said, "it was wierd, man. We all expected that we'd be bored and stuff, but at least no one quit or got fired."

This is the real news from this observer

Check this out from deathvalleydriver

--Shawn "Khosrow" Daivari posted on his web site that when he was in Europe, he wanted to train with Chris Benoit and Rob Conway and they warm-up by doing 500 Hindu squats. He said the average person can do 20 before cramping. I'd guess the average person could do closer to 100 on their first try, but they'll be hating life at around 60. Anyway, he got up to 325 to 400 and couldn't walk the next day. Well, you are supposed to build up slowly. He said he couldn't bend his legs on the Raw show, but with the adrenaline, he still worked the tag match. He said he pissed red, puked five times and pissed a Dr. Pepper color. He found out he had broken down muscle fibers in his legs to the point they got into his kidney and was pissing it out.

Moral: Do not try and compete with Chris Benoit

Wow. Daivari is awfully young to even think about trying Benoit's training regimen. I've heard of Benoit eating guys alive in the gym on many occasions. He probably has a more strenuous routine than anyone in the US, aside from maybe Rob Van Dam. Actually, I take that back. RVD is probably second, but it's not even close.

Do you guys know stuff about Benoit's training?

I train myself and all this stuff interests me. Please share any knowledge. I once heard that Benoit trains for two hours. 1 hour of weights and 1 hour of cardio. With the weights he uses 60 sec intervals between sets. Of course, routines can always change.

Guest Some Guy

I was wrong, he has started doing cardio, I do remember him saying that he didn't in an interview years ago.

Raw Magazine: 11/04

Benoit does between 500 and 800 Hindu squats twice a week, and he runs or uses a step machine four to six times a week, depending on his schedule. He currently does 30 minutes of cardio after his weight training, but that varies from month to month.

But suprisingly, Benoit says one of the key to his workout is his warm-up routine. He sets aside 15 to 30 minutes before every workout to prepare for his assault on the gym.

"I'll take 10-pound dumbbells or 10-pound plates, and do just about every exercise in my routine," he says. "I'll do curls, triceps extensions, side laterals, front laterals, bent-over rows, bent-over laterals,a dn then I'll do some Hindu squats and strech my legs as much as possible. I also warm up my neck twice a week a day-once before I use free weights, and again before I wrestle. I do alot of isometric exercises for my neck. Basically, I just try to get the blood circulating through my whole body."

After warming up, Benoit trains with weights for about an hour, doing one of the four routines that make up his schedule. He does chest and biceps one day, back and trapezoids on the second, shoulders and triceps the third, and legs the fourth. Some weeks, he only does those four basic workouts, but when his travel schedule allows, he restarts the rotation, training up to 6 or 7 times per week.

On and given day, Benoit does 15-18 sets, comprised of 8-12 repetitions fro each bosy part (with the exception of biceps and triceps, which he'll do nine sets for each). And while no body body parts get special attention, Benoit says that he enjoys working shoulders the most.

"I also enjoy working legs when I train with other people," he says. "They are such a big body part, so I really train them hard, and I challenge myself to make the other person [i'm training with] quit, or not finish their workout. I don't make them do extra sets. I still do 15 to 18, but I train really hard when I do legs, and if I;m training with someone else, I'll push myself that much more. It's fun to watch them quit or throw up. I get a real kick out of that."

While Benoit does use heavy weights, he trains more for shape and conditioning than he does for strengh. One of his main goals is getting his heart rate up, and maintaining that heart rate throughout his workout. In order to accomplish this, Benoit rests for no more than 30 seconds between sets, and moves quickly from one exercise to another.

The Wolverine also doesn't beleive in "pyramid" workouts-starting with a low weight, working up to maximun weight, and working all the way back down. Instead, he opts to superset, working his muscles to failure. For example, when Benoit works his chest, after a set of 8 or 10 high-neck bench presses, he'll imediately grab dumbbells adn do a lighter set of bench-press flyes, working the same muscle group.

"Consistancy is really the secret to maintaining a great physique," he says. "I prefer free weights, but depending on where I am with my travel schedule, sometimes I'll use (machines), and other times I'll use free weights. Also, because I train in so many gyms, I get to use all different kinds of equipment. I;ve probably used every single type of workout equipment that has ever been made, which is a real treat."

If you want me to keep going let me know, but I'm tired of typing right now.

I was wrong, he has started doing cardio, I do remember him saying that he didn't in an interview years ago.

Raw Magazine: 11/04

Benoit does between 500 and 800 Hindu squats twice a week, and he runs or uses a step machine four to six times a week, depending on his schedule.  He currently does 30 minutes of cardio after his weight training, but that varies from month to month.

But suprisingly, Benoit says one of the key to his workout is his warm-up routine.  He sets aside 15 to 30 minutes before every workout to prepare for his assault on the gym.

"I'll take 10-pound dumbbells or 10-pound plates, and do just about every exercise in my routine," he says.  "I'll do curls, triceps extensions, side laterals, front laterals, bent-over rows, bent-over laterals,a dn then I'll do some Hindu squats and strech my legs as much as possible.  I also warm up my neck twice a week a day-once before I use free weights, and again before I wrestle. I do alot of isometric exercises for my neck.  Basically, I just try to get the blood circulating through my whole body."

After warming up, Benoit trains with weights for about an hour, doing one of the four routines that make up his schedule.  He does chest and biceps one day, back and trapezoids on the second, shoulders and triceps the third, and legs the fourth.  Some weeks, he only does those four basic workouts, but when his travel schedule allows, he restarts the rotation, training up to 6 or 7 times per week.

On and given day, Benoit does 15-18 sets, comprised of 8-12 repetitions fro each bosy part (with the exception of biceps and triceps, which he'll do nine sets for each).  And while no body body parts get special attention, Benoit says that he enjoys working shoulders the most.

"I also enjoy working legs when I train with other people," he says.  "They are such a big body part, so I really train them hard, and I challenge myself to make the other person [i'm training with] quit, or not finish their workout. I don't make them do extra sets.  I still do 15 to 18, but I train really hard when I do legs, and if I;m training with someone else, I'll push myself that much more. It's fun to watch them quit or throw up.  I get a real kick out of that."

While Benoit does use heavy weights, he trains more for shape and conditioning than he does for strengh.  One of his main goals is getting his heart rate up, and maintaining that heart rate throughout his workout.  In order to accomplish this, Benoit rests for no more than 30 seconds between sets, and moves quickly from one exercise to another.

The Wolverine also doesn't beleive in "pyramid" workouts-starting with a low weight, working up to maximun weight, and working all the way back down.  Instead, he opts to superset, working his muscles to failure.  For example, when Benoit works his chest, after a set of 8 or 10 high-neck bench presses, he'll imediately grab dumbbells adn do a lighter set of bench-press flyes, working the same muscle group.

"Consistancy is really the secret to maintaining a great physique," he says.  "I prefer free weights, but depending on where I am with my travel schedule, sometimes I'll use (machines), and other times I'll use free weights.  Also, because I train in so many gyms, I get to use all different kinds of equipment.  I;ve probably used every single type of workout equipment that has ever been made, which is a real treat."

If you want me to keep going let me know, but I'm tired of typing right now.

Thanks. That is a wickedly intense routine. Not the type of routine that will build muscle for me but man you'd need to be in super shape to do that stuff. That takes a tremendous amount of willpower.

Keep typing if you want. I appreciate it. No rush though.

BTW, I just did Hindu squats to failure. I'm feeling a little votimish and am having a little trouble typing right now

Guest Some Guy

Being on the road so often also makes proper nutrition more difficult for Benoit. The Atlanta native follows what he considers a "common-sense diet," in which he only eats clean foods, and avoids fried foods, as well as bread, butter and anything high in carbs. He doesn't count calories, or grams of protein, although he does drink one or two protein shakes a day.

"I don't really have a set schedule for eating, because it's impossible when I'm on the road," he says. "It's especially difficult after shows, because all of the restaurants are closed. Sometime, I'll get a grilled chicken sandwhich, throw away the bread, and just eat the chicken. In a lot of restaurants, I have to special order, because I eat egg whites in the moring, but I ask them to cook with water instead of butter."

Although Benoit watches everything he puts in his body, there are times when he he cheats on his diet, and treats himself to one of life's guilty pleasures. Every now and then, the Wolverine likes to enjoy a piece of cheescake, or a juicy cheesburger.

"When I first started working out, at 13 years old, I wasn't that big-height-wise or weight-wise- and I remember just about anything to try to pack on weight," he says. "I was eating the wrong things, and it took me a lot of time to get my diet and workout routine down. The worst thing to do is to get into the gym, start training for a week or two, and then give up on it because you expect too mich too soon. You do see results, but they are slow."

Much of the reason for Benoit's early start was his hopes of entering the sport. After attending matches for Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling, the young Crippler began lifting weights so that he could have a muscular physique similar to that of his idol, the Dynamite Kid. Instantly, he was hooked, and since that day, working out has become a way of life.

"A lot of people tell me that I over-train, because I train so hard," says Benoit through the metallic chords of AD/DC. "I'll be dead-tired, coming off a road trip, and I'll go right to the gym. To me, it's more of a mental thing than a physical thing, and I feel that if I don't make it to the gym, I've let myself down.

Even when I'm at home, if I miss a couple of days, my wife will tell me to get my ass in the gym, because character changes," he says. "I'll become moody, start getting down on myself. But once I make it back to the gym, I become a lot more optimistic about everything, and I can handle things a lot better." (end of article)

Guest Flyboy

It means someone is lazy.

"Did you get help from him?"

"No. Hindu squat."

This now concludes the worst joke ever told.

I concur.

Then, I said the joke outloud and proceeded to laugh for about a solid minute.

Guest Some Guy

A Hindu squat is when someone puts there arms out in front of them and squats down and then stands back up again. If you have knee problems, like I do, I wouldn't suggest trying to do too many of them.

I still do 15 to 18, but I train really hard when I do legs, and if I;m training with someone else, I'll push myself that much more. It's fun to watch them quit or throw up. I get a real kick out of that."

15 to 18 sets for legs with 30 second rest intervals? The man is insane. Leg training is what seperates the wannabes from the maineventers. I got a laugh out of the last quote.

Some Guy, do you mind if I post that article around a little bit?

No wonder Trish Stratus went home early from the tour. It wasn't her back bothering her. It was the lack of an open bar. Girl can drink, you know.