Pro Wrestling Only

The DK WWE Encyclopedia is out

There are qualms here and there, like it only focuses on people who actually worked for the (W)WWF/E. And you have to put up with WWE speak (Superstars, sports-entertainment, etc.) But I was surprised, it's otherwise pretty thorough for the most part, even including supposed "bridge burners" and people who moved on to TNA and the like. And they too get fair entries. There is even one entry that I know a lot of us were sure WOULDN'T happen. My jaw dropped when I saw it. Could the healing process be beginning?

There are qualms here and there, like it only focuses on people who actually worked for the (W)WWF/E. And you have to put up with WWE speak (Superstars, sports-entertainment, etc.) But I was surprised, it's otherwise pretty thorough for the most part, even including supposed "bridge burners" and people who moved on to TNA and the like. And they too get fair entries. There is even one entry that I know a lot of us were sure WOULDN'T happen. My jaw dropped when I saw it. Could the healing process be beginning?

The economy is making Vince realize that sometimes cutting your nose off to spite your face isn't the best plan of action w/r/t making money.

Like, if things stay crappy until 2010 like a lot of people think, I fully expect Randy Savage to be in the next HOF class (he's pretty much the only big name from the 80s left that isn't in).

The economy is making Vince realize that sometimes cutting your nose off to spite your face isn't the best plan of action w/r/t making money.

Like, if things stay crappy until 2010 like a lot of people think, I fully expect Randy Savage to be in the next HOF class (he's pretty much the only big name from the 80s left that isn't in).

No I didn't mean Savage (who does get respected in even WWE print anyway)...

Benoit?

Bingo. Only about half a page, but he's there.

How does his entry end?

Also, what does his entry state? Is it a written summary of his WWE tenure, or something even simpler, like a summary of WWE titles he won? How does it compare to others' entries?

Also, I heard that they even threw in a picture of him. True?

Benoit?

Bingo. Only about half a page, but he's there.

How does his entry end?

Also, what does his entry state? Is it a written summary of his WWE tenure, or something even simpler, like a summary of WWE titles he won? How does it compare to others' entries?

Also, I heard that they even threw in a picture of him. True?

So I can answer my question and Bix's question, now that I actually have the book.

Benoit's entry is basically a three paragraph summary of what was told in his Hard Knocks DVD, plus a mention of him losing the title to Randy Orton. Talks about watching Dynamite, going to the Dungeon, Japan, ECW, WCW, WWE, winning the Royal Rumble, winning the World Heavyweight title and then losing to Orton. After the title loss mention, it says that, in spite of the loss, he remained a top contender for many of WWE's most renowned titles and ended it there. No mention of his passing, period (I'd have to research carefully, but it's very likely that he's the only guy who passed on who wasn't even mentioned to have died. Understandable, though.) but by saying "remained" they leave a reader (who for whatever reason wouldn't know better) the impression that his time (with the company anyway) is no more.

I need to comment on JHawk's post. Not picking on him here, but his mention of Benoit getting "only" a half a page is misleading. Lots of people got half-page mentions, including guys like Chris Jericho and John Bradshaw Layfield. In fact, he got a larger mention than Randy Orton, believe it or not. (Ironically, Randy's section could've been bigger were it not for a small section of the Radicalz on top of Orton's, where Benoit is also name-dropped, several times in fact.) On top of that, Benoit's section crushes people's like Jeff Jarrett's, Brock Lesnar's and Bobby Lashley's in terms of size.

Finally, to mention some other notables, Bruno Sammartino got a full two pages (this is the same amount your Hogans, Austins, HHHs, Cenas, Rocks, Vinces (both of them) all got). Randy Savage also got a full page (your other McMahons, Batista, Foley, Snuka, Bret, HBK all got similar sized profiles).

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

• 1 month later...
Guest secondcoming

Sting?