Pro Wrestling Only

Loser Leaves Town Podcast 10/28/09 w/ Bill Dundee

Bix

http://loserleavestown.net/?p=165

Memphis legend “Superstar” Bill Dundee joins me to discuss his career including his various booking jobs, pushing younger wrestlers, various Memphis-related topics, working for the Cole Brothers Circus, his wrestling school, and much more. Definitely worth a listen if you’re a fan of Memphis and/or Mid-South.

Guest Iron Chad

I kept expecting Bill to blame poor Bix for the death of pro wrestling because half the time, I think Bix asked a more detailed question than Bill was prepared for, so Bill would replay the "everybody is smart today" riff, then, maybe, answer Bix's question. Bix got some stuff out of Bill that Cubeta didn't, so I enjoyed the listen.

Thanks. I thought he seemed more exasperated that things that were wrong became accepted truth (in the case of Funk's punches, that may have been a change as he got older because the main source for that item Mick Foley, who first wrestled him in 1994, and I had it confirmed to me by someone who wrestled him this decade) because they were in the newsletters like NWA All-Star Wrestling as developmental/farm team. It wasn't the easiest interview as it didn't flow well based on how he gave his answers, but I thought it was still fun.