Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Survivor Series

CodySave

This is first WWE PPV that has held my interest for over 50% of the show in a very long time. What do everyone think?

The opener with Ted vs. Bryan was great, Morrison vs. Sheamus had some neat stuff. Kaval vs. Ziggler also had some really nifty moments even though they weren't anywhere close to being on the same page much of the match. I was pleasantly surprised at the number of near-falls in the 5-on-5 elim tag considering that's a match where wrestlers typically go down to any major move they're hit with. I completely missed the tag title match running to my kitchen and back. The World title match did nothing for me as Edge is just so stale anymore. I thought it was hilarious that Chimel referred to it as a "Tie" instead of a "Draw". How much do you have to dumb it down for people?

"CENA'S FREE!!!" - Striker

"Cena's fired" - Cole quickly correcting him, leading to Striker being audibly confused.

The finish of the main event was hilarious because Matt Sriker COMPLETELY blew the call, leading to Michael Cole - rightfully so, this time - quickly correcting him in a disgusted "you idiot" tone. I mean, Striker seemed to be confused by the stipulation in relation to Cena depending on who won and I imagine when he was sputtering "I got so caught up in the moment..." in an effort to defend himself, he was getting chewed out by a producer in his earpiece.

The ending fell flat with me because who in their right mind believes Cena is actually fired and gone? But they did their damndest to make it seem like he's gone forever with all the hoopla of him going through the crowd all over the arena. If they didn't turn Cena heel here after years of people calling for it, I'm not sure when they will. For once, this was begging for a transparent finish - Cena as ref attacks Orton as he pins Barrett. But then...Cena remains the most noble wrestler ever and counts the pin even though he's now fired.

And I forgot to add that they gave 5 minutes of promo time to the Miz so he could explain he's tired of carrying the briefcase around and would be cashing in soon....and then he wasn't on at any point the rest of the show. No sign of him at all during the main event, despite him being involved in many TV segments this month building to it.

I'm hoping Cena's "firing" doesn't turn into a carbon copy of when Austin got "fired" in 1998, where he's all over TV tomorrow night, and he gets a new contract next week. I'd like to see WWE at least pretend that the stip matters and keep him off TV for a few weeks, and bring him in as a guest host or something and then orchestrate his return.

I get why the don't want to turn Cena, I don't agree but I get it. What I don't get is why they are dragging out Cole's turn so much. He's clearly acting like a heel nearly all the time, the crowd reacts to him like a heel, just pull the trigger already before it becomes yet another thing that wears out its welcome because they wouldn't commit one way or another. It's sometimes hard to believe this is the same company who at different times would turn their top guy without a second thought and now they seem to anguish over every detail.

Guest Slickster

It's pretty clear now they never had any intention of turning Cena heel

I'd imagine he'll return around Royal Rumble time

Tomorrow night, I expect John Cena to have a goodbye ceremony which will end with Wade Barrett gloating because he got rid of John Cena. Immediately thereafter, Randy Orton appears and explains how Cena earned his respect by doing the right thing despite the overwhelming personal cost. Because of that, Orton chooses to give Barrett another title shot at the TLC PPV with John Cena's WWE career on the line. Until that PPV, however, John Cena doesn't appear on WWE television to sell the stipulation.