Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-06-07-WWF-Raw] Interview: Razor Ramon

Loss

• 2 months later...

The 1-2-3 Kid is over HUGE now. Razor has upped the offer to $7500. Razor is sure the match is going to happen, but Vince says no confirmation of that has taken place. This is a good promo from Razor, who also hypes his King of the Ring match with Bret.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

For $7500, Razor could have everyone in the Manhattan Center standing on their heads naked. Vince points out that only 7% of hotline voters believe Razor will beat Bret at KOTR. Razor responds with a lot of Nutter Center puns. This was a strong promo and the slow build to the rematch continues to be awesome.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hall's gradually losing his accent. It's srill noticeable, but it's nowhere near as thick as it was when he debuted. I guess it got in the way of his ability to do good promos, so he decided to dial it back.

I liked the line about how everyone in the Manhattan Center would be standing on their heads naked for $7500. That's the kind of line you wouldn't hear in the WWF five years ago, or even three. Unfortunately, they'd soon be way over the top with stuff like this.

The Nutter puns I could have done without, although they were more clever than they could have been. As for the match, if I'd remembered Bret getting a clean submission victory over Hall at the Rumble, I'd have voted against him too.

It's sort of cute to hear Vince using phrases like "Mr. Ramon" and generally acting deferential toward the wrestlers when we all know what he'd become later on.

It's almost like they wanted to bury Hogan-Yoko totally, as if Hogan had never even returned. Part of me wonders if the match would have even made pay-per-view if Bret hadn't been slated to win the tournament.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-06-07-WWF-Raw] Interview: Razor Ramon