Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-07-10-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler / Jennifer on the Road: Jeff Jarrett

Loss

• 2 months later...

The storyline is that Bret and Owen Hart are going out and finding wrestlers to try to come in and take out Lawler, or at least that's what Bert Prentice says.

From there, we segue to Jennifer on the Road with Jeff Jarrett. Jennifer is in bikini with Jeff Jarrett all prepared to take a ride with her on his Jet Ski. Jennifer asks his interests outside of wrestling and he mentions all sports and music.

Then, we get a montage of Jarrett and Jennifer riding the Jet Ski to "Surfin' USA". Oh, pro wrestling.

• 2 years later...

Lawler wearing the title again. Bret and Owen are sending guys to USWA to go after Lawler. Jerry brings up some of the previous monsters including Leatherface he has fought off.

Jennifer looked terrified on the jet ski and then goes flying off it into the water. Check out the distance and speed on that spill! Jarrett acts like it's no big deal.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't know about you, but it sort of takes away from the Hart-Lawler feud a bit for me when someone like Bert Prentice gets involved. I understand that someone has to be in Memphis to speak for the Harts when they're not available, but Bert Prentice isn't exactly the cream of the crop in Memphis as far as managaers go, now or ever. I have no idea who else they could have gotten, but there had to have been somebody who seemed to be more on Lawler's level.

Knowing that Jeff and Jennifer are brother and sister adds a bit to the On the Road​ segment. I liked Jeff teasing Jennifer about being happy when Brian was Southern champion (and hey, for all we know, he and Jennifer may have dated at one time or been close friends away from wrestling; they seem to be in the same age range). The bit on the jet ski could have only been done with family, whether they were acknowledged as such or not, and it was nice to see Jeff help her back into the boat after her spill, which looked pretty scary. I can just imagine Jennifer running up to their dad when he saw them again and whining, "Daddy, Jeff promised not to let me get wet!" :D

Jeff as the new Fabulous One? That would have been more exciting earlier in Jeff's career; now it feels sort of desperate, like Jackie knows he can't come back as often as he used to and needs to give the name to somebody​, since Stan Lane's retired and Steve Keirn's the backup Doink. Not that being Jackie Fargo's surrogate is ever a bad ​thing in Memphis, but it would have been a bigger deal three or four years before.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-07-10-USWA-TV] Interview: Jerry Lawler / Jennifer on the Road: Jeff Jarrett