Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-08-09-WWF-Raw] Music Video: Randy Savage

Loss

• 3 months later...

Bix points out on AIM how the British singers can't pronounce "Macho" properly, which is hilarious and true! "He's the Matcho Man!"

Awesome Simon Cowell-produced cheese.

"Macho Man says Dig It, Dig It. Macho Man says Dig It, Dig It. Macho Man says Dig It, Dig It."

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I didn't mind this video as a one-off, but if this song had replaced "Pomp and Circumstance" as Randy's entrance song, it would have been a different story. I can't exactly explain it, but this type of song is beneath Randy after all he's accomplished, although to his credit he hams it up just like you'd expect. The footage is nice to see too, including the clips featuring guys like Hogan and Martel who aren't even with the company anymore. They even show a few seconds of the Mania III match with Steamboat. No sign of either Liz or Sherri, though. (Amazingly enough, according to an earlier Update they're still selling Macho King ice cream bars, although Randy hasn't worn the crown in almost two and a half years.)

I guess the good thing we can take out of this is that Randy has a brief resurgence as a wrestler coming up, with his MSG bout against Lawler, the match against Doink from Raw, ​and his upcoming feud with Crush. Anything to get him the hell out of the booth!

• GSR changed the title to [1993-08-09-WWF-Raw] Music Video: Randy Savage