Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-04-SMW-TV] Interview: Tracy Smothers

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Smothers is sat on the couch recouperating his injured leg. He says that Brian Lee and the Dirty White Boy thought they’d got the job done and collected the bounty, but they didn’t and he’s coming back. It’s only a partial tear. The doctors said he would be out for six weeks, but he’ll be back in three. He has a title match set for 9/12 in Knoxville against Brian Lee, and to make sure the Dirty White Boy doesn’t interfere he’s asked the commission to have him locked in a cage at ringside.

• 9 months later...

Great promo from Tracy, but what do promoters have against talking about their talent's Japan tours? Why do they always have to go out "injured"? Would it have killed SMW's business for Les to say at Fire on the Mountain, "After this match, Tracy's heading to Japan for three weeks, but he wants to go over there as the Smoky Mountain heavyweight champion"?

That aside, I like thre fact that Tracy's not yelling, screaming, and swearing here. This is a deadly calm, serious promo that should scare the pants off of anyone named in it. The fiant hint of mocking in his tone doesn't hurt either. I could have done without more of the "witch with a capital B" routine as it related to Tammy, though. Say the word "bitch" for once in your life, Tracy. You won't be any less of a good ol' boy if you do, I promise.

This might have been a good spot for a tag match, with Tracy and a partner going against Brian and Tony. It could have been used to further the dissension between them that was started at Fire on the Mountain, although judging from the match listings I think we'll see plenty of that soon enough.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-04-SMW-TV] Interview: Tracy Smothers