Pro Wrestling Only

[1993-09-11-USWA-TV] Interview: Vince McMahon

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What an awesome contrast to the previous Yearbook segment. "We're talking WRESTLING now? And apparently WRESTLING has been reduced, in Memphis, Tennessee, to Jerry Lawler...CHEATING! Trying to set another wrestler on fire!" Vince is so trolling hardcore fans at this point. It's pretty glorious to watch.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Yet another wonderful promo from Vince. The only problrm is, he's starting to send midcarders and less down to Memphis, and Lawler's having his way with them. He should clear a Monday night at some point and send Yoko, Fuji, and Corny to the MSC and give Lawler an honest-to-God World title shot. I don't even care that his status as a heel in the WWF means that he won't get the title; I just want to see this feud carried to its logical conclusion.

Hearing Vince as the so-called champion of "real" wrestling is especially rich considering what he foisted on old-school fans just a few short years later. His screaming, slobbering idiocy is one reason that the Attitude Era disgusts me. If he'd acted a little more like this as Mr. McMahon, I might have tuned in for more than ten seconds at a stretch once in a while.

• GSR changed the title to [1993-09-11-USWA-TV] Interview: Vince McMahon