Pro Wrestling Only

[1992-10-31-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett & Eddie Gilbert vs The Moondogs

Loss

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We get a bunch of babyfaces out as we get the mother of all church-bulletin promos from Lawler & co.

Yes, this is a remarkably silent crowd for a 6-man main event. Lawler and Gilbert fulfill their promise for "barbecued dog" and take out the King Killer. He gets unmasked afterward but the Moondogs return to do a number on the babyfaces.

• 4 weeks later...

Ultra local promo from Lawler/Jarrett promoting a couple appearances. Then clips of 6 man from MSC. We get a lot of weapons spots, Lawler & Gilbert throwing fire, more weapons before Jarrett pins the masked man, who's unmasked as Mike Miller. This all reads better than it watches, as it looks good but man is the town dead for this by now.

• 2 years later...

I'm not sure how you define dead; sure, they're not rioting or anything, but they're not exactly witting on their hands either, at least from what I could tell. It's almost like some of you are projecting your own boredom onto the crowd.

That said, they're running out of ways to keep the feud fresh. The masked man didn't really help that much, and neither did the beatdown afterward. The one fresh match they've got is Eddie and Doug against the Dogs straight up, but it doesn't seem like they're willing to do that at the moment. Lawler's popularity will keep the feud hot up to a point, but I have to believe that the fans are ready for the King to regain his crown (the Unified title) at some point in the near future. By the way, was this the same Mike Miller who was a star in Portland for years?

I loved the promo before this. Dave's story about the Shrine Clowns bribing an umpire during a softball game was hilarious, and I got a kick out of the pizza guy bribing Jeff and Dundee with pizza to play on Lawler's team. Even Dundee forgetting where he was appearing was great stuff..

• GSR changed the title to [1992-10-31-USWA-TV] Jerry Lawler & Jeff Jarrett & Eddie Gilbert vs The Moondogs